Not Sure How To Play Turn And River Here

LimitGrinder posts the small blind of $.25. LimitGrinder: 7s 4d 7d 2hPre-flop: 1 Fold, ELAG007_AOL calls, shade calls, 1 Fold, cbt_2001 calls, LimitGrinder calls, betchecka raises, ELAG007_AOL calls, shade calls, cbt_2001 calls, LimitGrinder calls. Flop (board: 5s Qc 7h): Pot - 10 SB LimitGrinder bets, betchecka raises, ELAG007_AOL calls, shade calls, cbt_2001 calls, LimitGrinder re-raises, betchecka calls, ELAG007_AOL calls, shade calls, cbt_2001 calls. Turn (board: 5s Qc 7h 8s): Pot - 12.5 BB LimitGrinder bets, betchecka raises, ELAG007_AOL calls, shade re-raises, cbt_2001 calls, LimitGrinder calls, betchecka re-raises, ELAG007_AOL calls, shade calls, cbt_2001 calls, LimitGrinder calls. River (board: 5s Qc 7h 8s 6h): Pot - 32.5 BB LimitGrinder checks, betchecka bets, ELAG007_AOL raises, shade calls, cbt_2001 calls, LimitGrinder folds, betchecka re-raises, ELAG007_AOL calls, shade calls, cbt_2001 calls. So I think I could have played this hand better than I did, and have many questions. Betchecka had been at the table for about two hours and in that time he had not raised preflop without A2. He raised it every time regardless of position or wither or not his other two cards were any help to his hand. After the flop, if he hit the nut low draw he raised and reraised with it, playing it basically as if he was already there. So, obviously I put him on the nut low draw after the flop came out, given his preflop action. I choose to lead figuring he would raise it right behind me, making it two bets for the rest of the table, hopefully knocking out some competition for the high. Well, of course that didn't work as everyone in between called. Should I be three betting this here? I'm not at all worried about Betchecka for the high and I think a set of queens probably would have three bet it. That being said should I give up on the hand if its three bet before the action gets back to me and I have to call two bets cold, especially against better players than these limits? The turn was a terrible card as it made a straight possible as well as a back door flush. Leading out here was a mistake right? I overlooked that it would probably be raised right behind me by the nut low. Once its two bets back to me should I get out of the hand? I thought the 3rd bet probably came from a straight and that I need to make a full house. I was getting pretty close odds to draw for half the pot, but should I have? I think I should have folded as any full house I made could easily be second best. Now the river brought an interesting card as it gave me an 8 high straight. The only reasonable straight that hit the turn would be the 8 high straight as anything else would have been a gut shot. The thing that worried me was that a player who had been calling the whole way all of a sudden threw out a raise. I thought about calling for just two more bets into the pot, seeing as just the high side would contain atleast 18 big bets. My reason against calling was that Betchecka would probably re-raise, costing me another bet if I was beat. Assuming it would only cost two bets to make the call on the river, is this too loose a call to be making?Any thoughts or how I should have played the hand different are appreciated. Omaha 8/b is one of my weaker games and I'm trying to get better at it.

LimitGrinder posts the small blind of $.25. LimitGrinder: 7s 4d 7d 2hPre-flop: 1 Fold, ELAG007_AOL calls, shade calls, 1 Fold, cbt_2001 calls, LimitGrinder calls, betchecka raises, ELAG007_AOL calls, shade calls, cbt_2001 calls, LimitGrinder calls. Flop (board: 5s Qc 7h): Pot - 10 SB LimitGrinder bets, betchecka raises, ELAG007_AOL calls, shade calls, cbt_2001 calls, LimitGrinder re-raises, betchecka calls, ELAG007_AOL calls, shade calls, cbt_2001 calls. Turn (board: 5s Qc 7h 8s): Pot - 12.5 BB LimitGrinder bets, betchecka raises, ELAG007_AOL calls, shade re-raises, cbt_2001 calls, LimitGrinder calls, betchecka re-raises, ELAG007_AOL calls, shade calls, cbt_2001 calls, LimitGrinder calls. River (board: 5s Qc 7h 8s 6h): Pot - 32.5 BB LimitGrinder checks, betchecka bets, ELAG007_AOL raises, shade calls, cbt_2001 calls, LimitGrinder folds, betchecka re-raises, ELAG007_AOL calls, shade calls, cbt_2001 calls. So I think I could have played this hand better than I did, and have many questions. Betchecka had been at the table for about two hours and in that time he had not raised preflop without A2. He raised it every time regardless of position or wither or not his other two cards were any help to his hand. After the flop, if he hit the nut low draw he raised and reraised with it, playing it basically as if he was already there. So, obviously I put him on the nut low draw after the flop came out, given his preflop action. I choose to lead figuring he would raise it right behind me, making it two bets for the rest of the table, hopefully knocking out some competition for the high. Well, of course that didn't work as everyone in between called. Should I be three betting this here? I'm not at all worried about Betchecka for the high and I think a set of queens probably would have three bet it. That being said should I give up on the hand if its three bet before the action gets back to me and I have to call two bets cold, especially against better players than these limits? The turn was a terrible card as it made a straight possible as well as a back door flush. Leading out here was a mistake right? I overlooked that it would probably be raised right behind me by the nut low. Once its two bets back to me should I get out of the hand? I thought the 3rd bet probably came from a straight and that I need to make a full house. I was getting pretty close odds to draw for half the pot, but should I have? I think I should have folded as any full house I made could easily be second best. Now the river brought an interesting card as it gave me an 8 high straight. The only reasonable straight that hit the turn would be the 8 high straight as anything else would have been a gut shot. The thing that worried me was that a player who had been calling the whole way all of a sudden threw out a raise. I thought about calling for just two more bets into the pot, seeing as just the high side would contain atleast 18 big bets. My reason against calling was that Betchecka would probably re-raise, costing me another bet if I was beat. Assuming it would only cost two bets to make the call on the river, is this too loose a call to be making?Any thoughts or how I should have played the hand different are appreciated. Omaha 8/b is one of my weaker games and I'm trying to get better at it.
Ok, I understand betting out on the flop knowin the next guy to act will raise with low only, but that is a very risky play. If you play long enough you will find out any set below top set is behind often. Also, after everyone called 2 bets reraising doesn't make much sense being that not only did low draw flop, but open ended str8 draws out there as well. Then you stay in actually make a str8 on the rvr and fold when you are playing limit? I'm sorry not to be rude, but I think you played this whole hand very badly

I know I played the hand bad, more elaboration as to why would be appreciated. Allthought I think I figured it out allready. I don't have much problem with the flop play. At these limits people are calling two bets cold with top pair and a horrible low draw, or less as was the case in this hand. Without it being 3 bet I'm about 95% sure I have the best hand for the high. I was really only worried about the straight draw, so I thought a reraise would get extra money in from people calling with worse high holdings or chaing low draws. Probably a little loose, but if your gonna make an error its better to error on the side of aggressionAs far as leading the flop to get the next player to raise with just a low, I would absolutly love this play if it could get me heads up with the A2. Even if a 3rd came along chasing the straight I'd still be happy. Granted no one folds at .50/1.00, but against tight/better players it serves great purpose. I have a hand that is probably currently the best hand but is very susceptible to being outdrawn. So, I want to excert maximum pressure and force out current weaker holdings before they have a chance to hit. When facing two bets it makes it hard for an opponent to chase much more than a nut low draw, unless of course the table is full of donks. Under that thinking, hands like A3 and 23 should folding figuring either myself or the raiser for an A2. So unless someone happens to have A23, I can now catch an A to counterfit their lows and my 24 would be good. Or at worst spliting the low with an A24. If it does get 3 bet before the action is back to me, I think the range of hands for the 3 bettor would be trip queens or a strong draw at the nuts in both directions. Either way, I can simply folding having only put in 1 small bet. This seems like a much better approach then taking the weak check/call approach. Unless substantial action or a scare card hits the turn or river, you'd probably have to call down because your hand could be good.As far as folding the river, again a play I'm like, even thought I probably should have dropped the hand on the turn. The straight I made was 3rd best. It would have cost me 2 bets to call with the 3rd nuts for only half the pot, AFTER 4 people have already put money in in front of me. Even if my straight is good, I'm still atleast getting quarted for the high here about 90% of the time. Add in that the guy I put on the nut low, who raises the nut low every chance he gets, is right behind me with the option of 3 betting. Hmmm, ya think he takes that option. Its so easy for anyone chasing a low to have a 9 and a card between 5 and 8 in their hand. Disregarding previous action and assuming I'm getting quartered for the high, which is a fairly safe assumption, I'm putting 3 bets in on the river to win 3.75 bets. Which means If I'm beat just 1 time in 5 and get nothing, its a negative expected value call.

Ok, I understand betting out on the flop knowin the next guy to act will raise with low only, but that is a very risky play. If you play long enough you will find out any set below top set is behind often. Also, after everyone called 2 bets reraising doesn't make much sense being that not only did low draw flop, but open ended str8 draws out there as well. Then you stay in actually make a str8 on the rvr and fold when you are playing limit? I'm sorry not to be rude, but I think you played this whole hand very badly
I don't see why the fact that it is limit should effect wither or not I call on the river. Limit is a game of saving bets when you know you are beat, thats what seperates the winning players from the break even ones, not calling because "well its only two bets and I have a straight".
fold preflop. not close. goodluck.
Should I even be completing the small blind here or complete then folding to the raise? Either way I'm getting 9 to 1 odds to complete, then again to call the raise. Folding getting those odds just seems too weak tight with this hand. I've got a pair, straight potential, it can easily flop the nuts in either direction. I think preflop hand selection is definetly one of my leaks so maybe I just need to change my thinking about these type of hands.

THis hand sucks fold pre-flop. Only time i call with this is if i am in the small blind and i think the big wont raise.

As far as folding the river, again a play I'm like, even thought I probably should have dropped the hand on the turn. The straight I made was 3rd best. It would have cost me 2 bets to call with the 3rd nuts for only half the pot, AFTER 4 people have already put money in in front of me. Even if my straight is good, I'm still atleast getting quarted for the high here about 90% of the time. Add in that the guy I put on the nut low, who raises the nut low every chance he gets, is right behind me with the option of 3 betting. Hmmm, ya think he takes that option. Its so easy for anyone chasing a low to have a 9 and a card between 5 and 8 in their hand. Disregarding previous action and assuming I'm getting quartered for the high, which is a fairly safe assumption, I'm putting 3 bets in on the river to win 3.75 bets. Which means If I'm beat just 1 time in 5 and get nothing, its a negative expected value call. I don't see why the fact that it is limit should effect wither or not I call on the river. Limit is a game of saving bets when you know you are beat, thats what seperates the winning players from the break even ones, not calling because "well its only two bets and I have a straight".
You should have saved your money preflop, flop and on the turn. Once you make your straight on the river you have to call.Sorry, but betting and calling down with middle set here just to fold on the river when your hand improves is horrible.

[

I don't see why the fact that it is limit should effect wither or not I call on the river. Limit is a game of saving bets when you know you are beat, thats what seperates the winning players from the break even ones, not calling because "well its only two bets and I have a straight".
Folding when you have invested all the way in Limit where the bet is always a set amount be it 2 or 3 bets if you by chance would have had the best hand is a HUGE mistake. While calling when you were beat with a possible 1/2 the pot hand at the river is a small mistake.

PreFlop: It's perfectly OK to complete here with this hand at these limits (that many limpers does not mean all the aces are out). There is also nothing wrong with folding. You are not thrilled with the raise from BB, but when it gets back to you, it is OK to call as you are last to act.Flop: One of the reasons you played this hand was to hit a set. Your biggest worry is QQ. I like your bet out here, knowing that BB will raise. Anyone cold calling 2 needs a very solid hand - and QQ (or A246 for that matter) will probably ("should") 3 bet, in which case you can fold. Everyone calls round to you and you have the option to reraise: I think you are correct not to.....you have got your information suggesting that you probably have the best high hand at the moment, but you are almost certainly playing for half against this many players, they have called 2 once so they will do it again if you and BB act again, and there are plenty of bad cards for you that can come on the turn. Keeping the pot "smaller" now may make it tougher for them to call 2BBs cold next round (I know, I know....this limit etc).Turn: Yep, that was one of those cards. Firstly: it is now likely to be a split pot, so you are playing for 6BB; Secondly some of the valid cold calling hands have got there; thirdly there is now a flush draw on the board; All this means that if you stay in your are likely to get trapped for 4BB drawing at 10 outs for half the pot (which will be 11BB (excluding your 4) by the time we're done. Your best bet is to check/fold - or call in the very unlikely event that no one re-raises BB.River: You have to play here: 5 players still in - so even if you split you are ahead; You can put shade on 46 so you are likely splitting high with him; for you to be beat, someone would have to have called all this action with a 9 in their hand; there is a pay off hand (A34) so you may even want to get aggressive; and finally the opportunity to get this lucky doesn't happen that often so when it does you need to be grateful!In summary, your biggest strategic mistake was on the turn, compounded by your "rookie limit" error (of not calling down big pots versus/putting more money into small ones) on the river.