Variance Really Hit Me Hard

Well, I finally got my first extremely bad continuous run of cards in my poker career, which isn't extremely long but isn't extremely short. Obviously I've had runs of bad luck but this was on another level and makes me understand how some people can lose most of their BR or quit the game altogether (I'm not doing this, I'm just trying to turn it into a positive and consider this getting it out of the way).Within two hours of getting to Caesars Indiana I got coolered, AA vs my KK, for about $400, I should've known then that things weren't going to go my way. About an hour later my TT lost to a rivered fourth spade to make the guy a flush, it was a rather large pot as before the river he had TP, 9's. I lost a $200 pot when the river gave me the nut flush but paired the board to give the villian a FH. On my second day there, I played in one of their daily tournaments. In like the 2nd or 3rd level I had KhQh, flop comes Q high, a medium-short stack moves in and of course has AQ. My knockout blow in the tourny really was really brutal. I was slightly shortstacked and got it in preflop with QQ and had two callers plus a decent amount from antes, blinds, and call/folds, basically if I win I'm close to the chip leader. But with the way I was running I just knew the hand couldn't win, I even showed it to the guy next to me and told him I guarantee this won't hold up. The flop came Q high with 2 clubs, I told my neighbor that maybe my luck was changing, that was a mistake. The turn was a club, I still felt I had the lead but just knew what the river would be. Sure enough, Ac on the river and I was out when a lady turns over the 10c, her only club.To anyone who read this, sorry you had to read a crying story, but I had to get it off my chest, don't even care if I get flamed. The above were just a few of the bad ones, there were more and overall I could not get anything going my way, it definitely sucked, but I'm over it and like I said before, I'm turning it into a positive (or at least trying haha). Anyone else have a good story about their first long run of costly, bad cards?

Yeah, page 2 of the chicago thread. Bad run at the boat yesterday.Not coolers really, just a sick sick cold run. Like no pots for the first 45, literally, then AK wins the blinds and another half hour goes by. It was ugly. Flops were not my friend.

Well, I finally got my first extremely bad continuous run of cards in my poker career, which isn't extremely long but isn't extremely short. Obviously I've had runs of bad luck but this was on another leveland makes me understand how some people can lose most of their BR or quit the game altogether (I'm not doing this, I'm just trying to turn it into a positive and consider this getting it out of the way).Within two hours of getting to Caesars Indiana I got coolered, AA vs my KK, for about $400, I should've known then that things weren't going to go my way. About an hour later my TT lost to a rivered fourth spade to make the guy a flush, it was a rather large pot as before the river he had TP, 9's. I lost a $200 pot when the river gave me the nut flush but paired the board to give the villian a FH. On my second day there, I played in one of their daily tournaments. In like the 2nd or 3rd level I had KhQh, flop comes Q high, a medium-short stack moves in and of course has AQ. My knockout blow in the tourny really was really brutal. I was slightly shortstacked and got it in preflop with QQ and had two callers plus a decent amount from antes, blinds, and call/folds, basically if I win I'm close to the chip leader. But with the way I was running I just knew the hand couldn't win, I even showed it to the guy next to me and told him I guarantee this won't hold up. The flop came Q high with 2 clubs, I told my neighbor that maybe my luck was changing, that was a mistake. The turn was a club, I still felt I had the lead but just knew what the river would be. Sure enough, Ac on the river and I was out when a lady turns over the 10c, her only club.To anyone who read this, sorry you had to read a crying story, but I had to get it off my chest, don't even care if I get flamed. The above were just a few of the bad ones, there were more and overall I could not get anything going my way, it definitely sucked, but I'm over it and like I said before, I'm turning it into a positive (or at least trying haha). Anyone else have a good story about their first long run of costly, bad cards?
noIt's not that bad, you ran poorly for one weekend, not a big deal.BBFIDTS
noIt's not that bad, you ran poorly for one weekend, not a big deal.BBFIDTS
It's also not "variance" - you picked up some hands that lost because of the way others played their hands, or because you didn't push hard enough with top set when a third club came off.
It's also not "variance" - you picked up some hands that lost because of the way others played their hands, or because you didn't push hard enough with top set when a third club came off.
You generally think that's a great idea?
The flop came Q high with 2 clubs, I told my neighbor that maybe my luck was changing, that was a mistake. The turn was a club, I still felt I had the lead but just knew what the river would be. Sure enough, Ac on the river and I was out when a lady turns over the 10c, her only club.
Yes, I push with top set if this is my read and I feel at all confident about it.
Yes, I push with top set if this is my read and I feel at all confident about it.
do you push people over? do you push hands with the dealer at blackjack? cause once you are all in preflop, it's tough to push chips on the turn.OP, one weekend is nothing. if this is what you think winning players are talking about when they want to give up cards you are mistaking.

I was AIPF when I hit top set and lost to a fourth club on the river. I'm definitely not saying this is the worst anyone has ever ran or that I ran bad for an extremely long time, it was about 3 days. Just the worst I've ran since I've been playing poker. Not looking for sympathy, more interested in other people's first experience with a terrible run.

do you push people over? do you push hands with the dealer at blackjack? cause once you are all in preflop, it's tough to push chips on the turn.OP, one weekend is nothing. if this is what you think winning players are talking about when they want to give up cards you are mistaking.
Ok, fair enough, I forgot that he was all-in preflop. So... nevermind. Still, not "variance" - just an, apparently, really loose call by an opponent.

It's rough man. Not to sound condescending, but a real bad run lasts for months+ and if you haven't experienced that yet, then you have no idea what fortitude is. This is nothing really.

my friend im running so bad your story seems like a brag post to me.... :club:
Haha, nh sir. You want to post some of the brutal details?
Well, I finally got my first extremely bad continuous run of cards in my poker career, which isn't extremely long but isn't extremely short. Obviously I've had runs of bad luck but this was on another level and makes me understand how some people can lose most of their BR or quit the game altogether (I'm not doing this, I'm just trying to turn it into a positive and consider this getting it out of the way).Within two hours of getting to Caesars Indiana I got coolered, AA vs my KK, for about $400, I should've known then that things weren't going to go my way. About an hour later my TT lost to a rivered fourth spade to make the guy a flush, it was a rather large pot as before the river he had TP, 9's. I lost a $200 pot when the river gave me the nut flush but paired the board to give the villian a FH. On my second day there, I played in one of their daily tournaments. In like the 2nd or 3rd level I had KhQh, flop comes Q high, a medium-short stack moves in and of course has AQ. My knockout blow in the tourny really was really brutal. I was slightly shortstacked and got it in preflop with QQ and had two callers plus a decent amount from antes, blinds, and call/folds, basically if I win I'm close to the chip leader. But with the way I was running I just knew the hand couldn't win, I even showed it to the guy next to me and told him I guarantee this won't hold up. The flop came Q high with 2 clubs, I told my neighbor that maybe my luck was changing, that was a mistake. The turn was a club, I still felt I had the lead but just knew what the river would be. Sure enough, Ac on the river and I was out when a lady turns over the 10c, her only club.To anyone who read this, sorry you had to read a crying story, but I had to get it off my chest, don't even care if I get flamed. The above were just a few of the bad ones, there were more and overall I could not get anything going my way, it definitely sucked, but I'm over it and like I said before, I'm turning it into a positive (or at least trying haha). Anyone else have a good story about their first long run of costly, bad cards?

Wow, back to back sessions of running "bad". I really feel for you. Why dont you wait till you have run bad for 3 or 4 months straight or 10,000 hands and then post about variance. FYI getting 3 hands beat in 2 days is not running bad.

Steaming a little later on in the 14k, I pick up 36o in BB flop comes 566,,,turn 10..we go all in. Opponent shows Q10. Somehow, the river is a Q. Alright, puke that was sick. Didnt i just take one 10 mins ago. We were halfway through the field of the 14k. So it was an important pot.
If this was awarded to the other player, I'd demand my money back. Not sure how he beat your trips there.That is a crappy run though. My sympathies.hmm...I got one-outered twice in a live tournament yesterday. The first guy I had covered, so it wasn't the worst thing ever. Not so lucky with the second. meh. That's all I have to share.