Wsop Blind Schedule And Starting Chips

What is with the idea lately of doubling the startng chips, AND doubling the blinds, and then expecting that to give more play? How does that make sense? You could have only $500 in chips but make the blinds $.01- $.02, or $100,000,000,000 and make the blinds $25,000,000,000 - $50,000,000,000. Which would you rather play?

I did a side by side comparison of the blind levels from the 2006 and 2007 WSOP.Even though the 2007 starts with larger stacks, the blinds are MORE than double the 2006 blind levels, starting at level 27.Therefore, the 2007 structure is WORSE for the players, despite the increased # of chips.

I did a side by side comparison of the blind levels from the 2006 and 2007 WSOP.Even though the 2007 starts with larger stacks, the blinds are MORE than double the 2006 blind levels, starting at level 27.Therefore, the 2007 structure is WORSE for the players, despite the increased # of chips.
i haven't played in the WSOP but aren't the chips and blinds well enough so there is a lot of play? how much of a difference does it make?

I played last year in 4 WSOP events, 2 limit, 1 stud, and one Omaha 8 event. I thought the chips were a little light but the blinds in the flop games started at 25, 25 and so it balanced out to me. I saw that there was going to be double chips this year and I was like "Sweet" when I saw the announcement. I then saw the structures and was like "Well that sucks" In comparison there is really no difference in the structures in this year and last year. If this is their idea of more play, I say go back to the way it has been. This is no better.If the structures were left alone and more chips added, then it would have been great. The circuit events have better structures to be honest. At least the NL and Omaha events I have played.