Have I "semi-ruined" My Life Yet?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news I turned my 3.44 rake-back from Monday on World Sports Exchnage into 61.70. I've been Just killing the .1/.2 and .25/.50 limit holdem tables.Thats kind of like $30 into $40,000.

I was in AC two weeks ago and my dad and I are sitting at a blackjack table when the conversation switches to this topic. Dealer starts telling us about the previous night when a regular was in the high limit pit and sat down at a $100 min table. He starts with $500 (No more ever brought onto the table) and gradually runs that 500 up to $285,000. NO ****!! Then part 2 of the story, the dealer said the guy continued to get more aggressive and ended up losing everything back! The dealer and rest of the table was even asking him to just pick up and leave as he was losing it back and he said "You don't understand, I'm down 400K on the year." He lost it all and tipped the dealer a $100 and stormed off. The run of cards it must take to get from 500 to 285,000 is CRAZY, then losing it is just sad man. Even if you blow 85k back you still have half the money you say you are down on the year. Just learn the lesson man that if you don't play smart, Welfare is only a day away. Love the $100 tip too, what a clown.
The sick thing is... this happens allllllllllllll the time.

My hate for you stems only from my jealousy.$20k would make me a "rich man" in my eyes, right now....blah...whatever, well done, congrats, yadda yadda.....FTP STAKEAMENTS!!! woooooot (that's what all the pimps on this forum do after a big win, don't you know that?) semi-sw

no you haven't semi-ruined your life, but you've damn sure semi-ruined ours by posting here

no you haven't semi-ruined your life, but you've damn sure semi-ruined ours by posting here
That is quite possibly one of the funniest comments I've heard.Nice Hand.I'm going to Ceasar's Indiana next Wed playing in the 300+40 circuit sat. Wish me luck and I'll post when I spend my roll in Chicago on hookers.

lol... please let us all know when you tp/mm, such an ez gameanyone else find the combination of $100 sngs and $1000 NL loffilicious?BTW CONGRATS OP YOU ARE THE BOMB DIGGITY MY FRIEND, YOU DEF ARE TAKIN THE SMART ROAD HERE AND WIN OR LOSE, LFISGD

In other news I turned my 3.44 rake-back from Monday on World Sports Exchnage into 61.70. I've been Just killing the .1/.2 and .25/.50 limit holdem tables.Thats kind of like $30 into $40,000.
Now see, this I believe.
lol... please let us all know when you tp/mm, such an ez gameanyone else find the combination of $100 sngs and $1000 NL loffilicious?BTW CONGRATS OP YOU ARE THE BOMB DIGGITY MY FRIEND, YOU DEF ARE TAKIN THE SMART ROAD HERE AND WIN OR LOSE, LFISGD
"you keep grinding out that rent money, it's honorable work you're doing"
I was in AC two weeks ago and my dad and I are sitting at a blackjack table when the conversation switches to this topic. Dealer starts telling us about the previous night when a regular was in the high limit pit and sat down at a $100 min table. He starts with $500 (No more ever brought onto the table) and gradually runs that 500 up to $285,000. NO ****!! Then part 2 of the story, the dealer said the guy continued to get more aggressive and ended up losing everything back! The dealer and rest of the table was even asking him to just pick up and leave as he was losing it back and he said "You don't understand, I'm down 400K on the year." He lost it all and tipped the dealer a $100 and stormed off. The run of cards it must take to get from 500 to 285,000 is CRAZY, then losing it is just sad man. Even if you blow 85k back you still have half the money you say you are down on the year. Just learn the lesson man that if you don't play smart, Welfare is only a day away. Love the $100 tip too, what a clown.
Also see this story in movie form: Owning Mahoney.
"you keep grinding out that rent money, it's honorable work you're doing"
lol unfortunately, what is "grinding" for me is "taking ridiculous shots" for you... nonetheless, best of luck continuing to run good int he $100 sngs and 5/10 nl, plesae continue to post updates and/or blog this journey to 200/400.
I pwn all.. I have turned $50 into $100!
new post, hhs, pokertracker screenshots, etcbtw OP this thread would be much better with hand histories

I'm not flaming anyone here, but I would love to see some hand histories, too. There have to be a lot of interesting/big hands along the way.

I'm not flaming anyone here, but I would love to see some hand histories, too. There have to be a lot of interesting/big hands along the way.
Yeah, definitely interested in seeing how this all came together. A blog and hand history would definitely be a good idea.

Regarding the taxes;I have obviously never had this "problem", so I will just show my ignorance.How would the IRS ever know that you had made that money? Are they totally relying on you self-disclosing? I gather those of you who have to pay taxes on your winnings keep meticulous records of how much you spend - is PokerTracker sufficient for that or do you keep all receipts/emails confirmations for deposits?To OP; very nicely done sir - enjoy the spoils of your victory!RegardsErasa