Have I "semi-ruined" My Life Yet?

I know a lot of you read my brag post last week where I hit $3,400 in the 30 rebuy on tilt and sat with Matusow at 10/20 NL and ran EXTREMLEY lucky and got it up to 13K. The vast majority of you took it for what it was and said "nice, but you know you were lucky". Someone said that if I had lost that 3 grand I would have "semi-ruined" my life.Well, I took that to heart and thought I would jump back down in stakes and keep ginding it out....NOT!!!! I've been playing $100 sng's and 5/10 NL, tearing it up, and have now ran it up to almost 40k!!! I cashed out twice last week for a total of 10k and at total of 10k again this week and still have a bit over 19k in my account. Tilt is pretty smart about not letting you cash out more than 10k a week.So, instead of semi-ruining my life I have ordered a custom Harley Road-King, paid in cash baby. I guess poker is like life, sometimes you have to take a big risk to make a big gain.Peaceand for you haters, I will e-mail you copies of the checks if you don't believe me.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what this means but I am with you.
This could potentially be the next "super-thread"Good run, nice work.
And this is what I seefunny-pictures-internet-bum-05b.jpg
Now that's funny......Taxes suck. Don't know exactly how much I will have to pay, but my accountant is working on it. My brother's father-in-law won like 200K in 2 weeks at one of those off-track horse things, and didn't pay taxes on it and blew it all on a new boat and some lake property. Well, now he lives in a van down by the river (seriously) after the IRS got ahold of him.
Now that's funny......Taxes suck. Don't know exactly how much I will have to pay, but my accountant is working on it. My brother's father-in-law won like 200K in 2 weeks at one of those off-track horse things, and didn't pay taxes on it and blew it all on a new boat and some lake property. Well, now he lives in a van down by the river (seriously) after the IRS got ahold of him.
lol that actually could be a line from that skit.- Jordan
Your brother's father in law is Chris Farley?

This sorta reminds me of the character from the +EV cartoon who goes on a sick run, qualifies for and wins a WPT event, moves to Vegas, then blows it all on drugs and hookers (or was it just hookers.........doesn't matter).Enjoy the rush - glad to see you are spending the extra cash on tangible things. Hope you don't have money left on other debt that you could have repaid. Although having said that, if I did, I still would bought myself something :club:

Your brother's father in law is Chris Farley?
LOL. This bit$h of the story is that his wife was all like "we've got this and that and this and my husband is the best and this", then when the IRS came around, she was saying "I told him to pay, he wouldn't listen to me", and divorced him after he took all the blame and filed bankruptcy. another rounder quote applies here "In the poker game of life, women are the rake".

Great work. If you get a chance check out this blog.88% Concentration This guy went from 0 to a half million and back to nothing in one year. Avoid the the temptation to make another huge jump in stakes too soon and you have a chance to really do well. Now that you've made a big jump up I would suggest staying within your new bankroll for a time and for God's sake don't be afraid to move back down according to proper bankroll management. Otherwise carry on kicking ***. :club: And that guys ex-wife is a ****ing whore!!

I was in AC two weeks ago and my dad and I are sitting at a blackjack table when the conversation switches to this topic. Dealer starts telling us about the previous night when a regular was in the high limit pit and sat down at a $100 min table. He starts with $500 (No more ever brought onto the table) and gradually runs that 500 up to $285,000. NO ****!! Then part 2 of the story, the dealer said the guy continued to get more aggressive and ended up losing everything back! The dealer and rest of the table was even asking him to just pick up and leave as he was losing it back and he said "You don't understand, I'm down 400K on the year." He lost it all and tipped the dealer a $100 and stormed off. The run of cards it must take to get from 500 to 285,000 is CRAZY, then losing it is just sad man. Even if you blow 85k back you still have half the money you say you are down on the year. Just learn the lesson man that if you don't play smart, Welfare is only a day away. Love the $100 tip too, what a clown.

Great work. If you get a chance check out this blog.88% Concentration This guy went from 0 to a half million and back to nothing in one year. Avoid the the temptation to make another huge jump in stakes too soon and you have a chance to really do well. Now that you've made a big jump up I would suggest staying within your new bankroll for a time and for God's sake don't be afraid to move back down according to proper bankroll management. Otherwise carry on kicking ***. :club: And that guys ex-wife is a ****ing whore!!
I am going to cash out another 10K and going to play in some smaller buy-in WSOP events and some sats to the ME. Will cash out another 5K and buy my wife something sparkly. Will keep the rest on FT and keep playing the SNG's and NL ring games. We don't have any debt (house was just paid off last year and our vehicles are paid for), so the money is just for niceties anyway. Wish me luck at the WSOP.
I know a lot of you read my brag post last week where I hit $3,400 in the 30 rebuy on tilt and sat with Matusow at 10/20 NL and ran EXTREMLEY lucky and got it up to 13K. The vast majority of you took it for what it was and said "nice, but you know you were lucky". Someone said that if I had lost that 3 grand I would have "semi-ruined" my life.Well, I took that to heart and thought I would jump back down in stakes and keep ginding it out....NOT!!!! I've been playing $100 sng's and 5/10 NL, tearing it up, and have now ran it up to almost 40k!!! I cashed out twice last week for a total of 10k and at total of 10k again this week and still have a bit over 19k in my account. Tilt is pretty smart about not letting you cash out more than 10k a week.So, instead of semi-ruining my life I have ordered a custom Harley Road-King, paid in cash baby. I guess poker is like life, sometimes you have to take a big risk to make a big gain.Peaceand for you haters, I will e-mail you copies of the checks if you don't believe me.
Do you lay on your side a lot, or is that horseshoe up your *** pretty comfortable to sit on?
Do you lay on your side a lot, or is that horseshoe up your *** pretty comfortable to sit on?
It wasn't too bad for the first week, now it's starting to rust to my a$$ hairs though, and that is a bit annoying.

Congrats, nice run. But keep some of that cash in your roll for when the downswing hits.In the meantime.... stakeaments? :club: