Depositing With Gift Cards

I found a post awhile back and couldn't find it with the search function. The poster asked about how to get money onto online sites and people replied that the Visa Gift Cards from Walgreen's/CVS worked. Does anyone know about this? If so, let me know how your experience went.

Hey guys... Get a debt card at Ace (check cashing) for $9.95 with your name on it. You can reload it many places.. Starbucks, Safeway, Ace, Online...etc... You walk into the store or get it offline..... pay the $10, plus an initial deposit. They give you a temp card and you get the one with name on it about a week later. The temp card can be used online or at the atm. The only site I ever had problems depositing on was Party Poker back before the ban. Stars, Tilt, Bodog.. all work fine with this card.check the post over on LaB for some more details.

Do the cards work just like regular gift cards or do you have to call and activate them like credit cards?
They are already loaded. No activation. $5.95 for a $100 card. I get mine at Walgreens. Apparently, they are having issues with pricing them, so instead of charging the fee, they are selling them for $100, straight up. I am positive that it is a one store glitch though.
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. I've seen many posts in the last few days, mainly on 2+2, about these cards not working anymore. I just grabbed one and as of 4/1/07 it still works on Stars. So if you see any of these posts, just figure the OP is just a moron.

Just a quick update. I've seen many posts in the last few days, mainly on 2+2, about these cards not working anymore. I just grabbed one and as of 4/1/07 it still works on Stars. So if you see any of these posts, just figure the OP is just a moron.
Wow go ahead and call someone you don't even know a moron for just asking a simple question, you're really cool. To the "non-moron" OP, I have used them on stars and on Full Tilt, they have worked everytime on Stars and everytime except once on Full Tilt. I read somewhere that sometimes a card will not will not work because people copy down the number and go home and keep trying the number until its sold and the person who bought the card is stuck without any money on the card, I don't know if its a 100% true, but people always seem to find a way. So maybe when you buy one, try and grab one from the middle or back to prevent this, I've done this and the last 3-4 times have worked everytime on Full Tilt. Good luck.

I see people urging all the time against the GreenDot cards. There must be something I'm missing, but I got one of these a week or two ago, and it worked just fine on full tilt.

Wow go ahead and call someone you don't even know a moron for just asking a simple question, you're really cool. To the "non-moron" OP, I have used them on stars and on Full Tilt, they have worked everytime on Stars and everytime except once on Full Tilt. I read somewhere that sometimes a card will not will not work because people copy down the number and go home and keep trying the number until its sold and the person who bought the card is stuck without any money on the card, I don't know if its a 100% true, but people always seem to find a way. So maybe when you buy one, try and grab one from the middle or back to prevent this, I've done this and the last 3-4 times have worked everytime on Full Tilt. Good luck.
No you misunderstood what I said. Or maybe I didn't say it clear enough. I was talking about the threads that are saying the cards don't work anymore. Not ones asking if they do work or not. I wasn't even referring to this OP. Just the OP of the don't work thread. Maybe I should of posted it in a new topic about saying ignore the people that say they don't work but I didn't feel we needed yet another gift2go thread. I did a search and posted in the first one I found.Sorry for any confusion.Cheers,