Paul Wasicka Battles A Bot

come on people, he folded an OESF when the worst he could do was come 2nd, and the best was to have a workable stack vs Gold HU. Tilly play is the worst, this is a close second.
I suppose you've been in a situation where you are playing for millions of dollars? and every decision could cost you another mil? Yeah, you have room to criticize his play
Yet...when Wasicka makes the 2 MILLION DOLLAR DECSION to NOT DRAW...he too is labled a donk, worst play of the year, etc. etc. (and fwiw...the Tilly check on the river w/ JJ isn't even in the same hemisphere of bad plays as a guy who folded A DRAW for a chance at 2 MILLION DOLLARS...which is a only a few buy ins at 10/20 NL which Wasicka plays!!!!)
Why do you emphasise so much that he was "on a draw"? It doesn't matter if he was drawing or if he had a made hand when the chance of the draw to hit is equivalent of the hand holding up. But Wasicka explained what he was thinking that hand in some detail and while I do think his play was weak and don't really agree with his explanation, I honestly don't know if would have the guts to make the call in this position, so I can't really criticise him for what he did.
?
I was making the point that Wasicka at the time was playing 10/20 NL I believe. 2 MILLION is a decent chunk of change for a 10/20 NL player.
I was making the point that Wasicka at the time was playing 10/20 NL I believe. 2 MILLION is a decent chunk of change for a 10/20 NL player.
Ok, because it certainly doesn't read that way when taken literally. Guess I should have assumed a little 'sw' at the end. My bad.
Why do you emphasise so much that he was "on a draw"? It doesn't matter if he was drawing or if he had a made hand when the chance of the draw to hit is equivalent of the hand holding up. But Wasicka explained what he was thinking that hand in some detail and while I do think his play was weak and don't really agree with his explanation, I honestly don't know if would have the guts to make the call in this position, so I can't really criticise him for what he did.
RogerI was emphasizing the draw because people make it "seem" like he mucked the nuts or something. He had a HUGE draw, but a draw that he wasn't sure just how live he was. As mentioned...if he thinks his FD is not live, (other than the str8 flush outs obv) it wasn't just an easy call by him. Again...if people were really in his shoes there...I have a hard time believing that 99% of FCP wouldn't make the same decision he did.
I think he just had a lagging connection and to him all the action seemed immediate, although he was the one lagging behind.Still, he's a great player and although I didn't like his fold at the WSOP, who am I to criticize him?
this seems almost certainly correct. he could've had something like card animation on too, which would make his opponent's play seem faster.
I have a hard time believing someone who is smart enough to program a poker-bot that actually wins money, could be so fucking stupid to not make the bot delay a random amount of time between 1 to 10 seconds or something before making its decisions...
this is clearly true as well.unless this site publicly allows bots (which none too, as far as i know), there is no way someone would program a bot without a delay. its very unlikely wasicka was playing a bot.
QFMFT!It's funny...there isn't a weekend that goes by where there aren't several posters who openly discuss the Sunday Million chop. Usually, there is a HUGE contingent of..."He should definately chop because...." Yet, WHENEVER someone elects to not chop, that person is usually villified for his decision to not chop. In those cases...we are talking MAYBE 30-50 THOUSAND DOLLARS being won/lost due to chopping/not chopping. Yet...when Wasicka makes the 2 MILLION DOLLAR DECSION to NOT DRAW...he too is labled a donk, worst play of the year, etc. etc. (and fwiw...the Tilly check on the river w/ JJ isn't even in the same hemisphere of bad plays as a guy who folded A DRAW for a chance at 2 MILLION DOLLARS...which is a only a few buy ins at 10/20 NL which Wasicka plays!!!!)Am I missing something here?I am willing to bet good money that 99% of FCP wouldn't even say "This is sik...." like he did...and instead UBER-INSTA-MUCK the OESFD. If you say you wouldn't...I say...LIAR!
I prob wouldn'tdon't call me a liar.. :club: for the record I don't think its a terrible fold or call, either wayedit...I didn't see the 99% part.
I prob wouldn'tdon't call me a liar.. :club: for the record I don't think its a terrible fold or call, either wayedit...I didn't see the 99% part.
Hehe!JC...it's safe to say you are in the 1% of FCP'ers with the cajones to actually make that play w/ the $$$$ on the line.