Back when they were airing the 2003-2004 episodes of the WSOP, Norman Chad was always introduced as "tournament player, Norman Chad." They don't do it anymore. I looked him up on cardplayer and he doesn't even have a profile. Has anybody ever seen him play? I really like him as an announcer, but he seems like an odd pick for the expert on probably the most watched poker show ever. Has he ever won or cashed in anything?

Back when they were airing the 2003-2004 episodes of the WSOP, Norman Chad was always introduced as "tournament player, Norman Chad." They don't do it anymore. I looked him up on cardplayer and he doesn't even have a profile. Has anybody ever seen him play? I really like him as an announcer, but he seems like an odd pick for the expert on probably the most watched poker show ever. Has he ever won or cashed in anything?
Who said that he's an "expert?" He's a commentator.He knows what he's talking about though.

I guess I am different, because I think he acts like a jacka**. I don't find him funny or knowledgeable. Maybe it's just me. :club:

hes pretty much a degenerate gambler. hes an " expert" on the ponies and i assume he has played some tourney poker, i doubt hes had much success...hes no gabe kaplan

I believe they mentioned him in "the nuts" segment one time as he lost a $5000 5 card stud event. (I'm probably way off there, but I remember him playing in one event without cashing).

Lol I feel sorry for Lon Mcharen, poor guy announces the sports no one cares about (except for poker). Lol, anybody ever watch him announce him scrabble?I'm suprised they didn't have him in Dodgeball..Effin' a Lon, Effin' a

From what I understand he plays at Hollywood park, not too seriously. Likes stud-8 a lo, and those were the events he played at the 2005 wsop. I remember he said he sat with fossilman at both events and outlasted him each event. Not that raymer is an expert, but he seems to have some card sense.

I think I've heard Norman mentioning playing in cash games a few times during the world series broadcasts as well. And his Washington Post column can actually be funny sometimes, I used to read it online but it's been a while.

yeah ive actually seen him do k1 i think. however, i didnt htink k1 was obscure or rediculous enough to list as ive watched it on occasion
my problem with K1 is that when it is on espn, you never know what year it is until the very end of the program, sort of like the worlds strongest man
Lol I feel sorry for Lon Mcharen, poor guy announces the sports no one cares about (except for poker). Lol, anybody ever watch him announce him scrabble?I'm suprised they didn't have him in Dodgeball..Effin' a Lon, Effin' a
I was very surprised when I heard him commentating Pride 32, mixed martial arts is quite a jump from poker but he did a pretty good job. I think good for him, he can get all sorts of jobs for simply his voice and enthusiasm without being an expert in any particular area (except for poker probably).
I believe they mentioned him in "the nuts" segment one time as he lost a $5000 5 card stud event. (I'm probably way off there, but I remember him playing in one event without cashing).
Episode of The Nuts during a 2005 LHE Event broadcast.Ironically enough that was the final table Kaplan was at (and took 2nd after being SS most of the FT), I have it saved on my DVR... Lon makes a lot of jokes about Gabe being the best poker commentator he ever worked with, etc. during the episode. Then they show Norman in a $1500 Stud Hi/Lo Event sitting next to Raymer. When they cut back to the action Norman says, "Hey, I lasted longer than Fossilman in the tournament!"
Compare the commentary from the WSOP to the PPT and you all will have a new found respect for the Norman & Lon commentating team.
QFT