Wtf? Laying Down Aces On The Bubble.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15k is a lot to me, so yea... I'd probably do it just the way he did. Though I don't know if I could've layed them down the 2nd time.

I forget, how much does the bubble boy get to take home?
I think he gets to keep those AA that he busted out with. (If he had)
I forget, how much does the bubble boy get to take home?
I beleive they put him in a bubble with a 100k and a fan. So the answer like most things in poker is "depends" in this case it "depends" on how many 20's he can stuff in his crotch in 2 minutes
Like you wouldn't do the exact same thing....... :club:
there is no way in hell i could ever do this...even if it was a 25k buy in with a 50k bubble and i was dead broke and starving with no money in my wallet for dinner. :D

gotta love the comment after, now we go on and win the whole thing. If he was playing to win then he should have played them each time. I would never lay it down. If i could go heads up with someone with aces ill take my chances for any amount of money.

there is no way in hell i could ever do this...even if it was a 25k buy in with a 50k bubble and i was dead broke and starving with no money in my wallet for dinner. :club:
What if dinner was followed by cookies?
15k is a lot to me, so yea... I'd probably do it just the way he did. Though I don't know if I could've layed them down the 2nd time.
The only way I muck AA is if I have a very short stack and feel that the only reason for me to stick around is to make the money......other than that you got to play them and try to build a bigger stack to have a shot at going deep/winning. If someone makes a bad call and sucks out so be it, at least you didnt go out just trying to hang around.

play 2 win, not to cash imo. there are obv places where aces are beat but just folding them to get into the money is pretty weak

OR...if you're that desperate to get into the money. Go all in and flip your cards. No one will call. Seems better than folding, lmao. what a donkey.
gotta love the comment after, now we go on and win the whole thing. If he was playing to win then he should have played them each time. I would never lay it down. If i could go heads up with someone with aces ill take my chances for any amount of money.
o rly? so if someone said I have a wheel of fortune and you put up any amount of money you want to play it. Here are the rules. For every four slots that say double money, there is one that says bankrupt. You would put all your money and spin that wheel? I wouldn't. If I could choose an amount, then I'd do it. But if you're in the event already, there's no way you should turn down those aces. TWICE!!!

Couldn't turn them down twice, I don't think, unless the money was life or death for him. If it was that important I think he has to fold them. But then again if it IS that important, he probably shouldn't be playing in the first place.I laid down AK and QQ in late position with no limpers yesterday when I had about 5BB, but it was the bubble of a sat tourney so it didn't matter if I got first or 13th. I got the seat.

The majority of people on this site complain about being a losing player and complaining non stop. This guy had the opportunity to sit there for a 1/2 hour to ensure 15k. Good for him to have the self control not to bust a nut when he saw AA. Now he has 55K and we're sitting here talking about that would happen if that were you. I'm glad he's not a retarded dog that cant sit there when theres a steak infront of his face and not go for it.