Men The Master On The Run

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel as if it is my duty to give my input in this thread. Asian-Americans when they are made fun of for the way they speak. Often I see them, sitting by themselves in the library with a calculator and seven open textbooks in front of them
so is it stereotyping to ask them for help with my math?Also, most everyone is made fun of for the way they speak just tune into pretty much any episode of chappelles show or that God awful Mind of Mencia.
so is it stereotyping to ask them for help with my math?
Just make sure to bow as you approach, and before you leave. Failure to do so is offensive and often punishable by death.
I feel as if it is my duty to give my input in this thread. As an asian young man, I find stereotyping to be incredibly offensive. I like to laugh as much as the next guy, but doing it at the expense of another is just wrong. A person's race should never be used as a criteria for judgement, no matter what the issue. Personally, I do not have any sort of accent, since I have lived in this country my entire life. I do, however, sympathize with other gooks Asian-Americans when they are made fun of for the way they speak. Often I see them, sitting by themselves in the library with a calculator and seven open textbooks in front of them, and wonder how anyone could ever judge them simply because of their appearance, or the way they speak, or because their mother runs a nail salon and their father owns a dry cleaning business. People need to realize that the fact that asians choose to eat animals that others in this country may keep as pets does not mean that they are bad people. They need to understand that asian people have slanty eyes because of increased downward pressure from their oversized brains, not because they are creations of Satan, and they certainly do NOT have the ability to shoot streamlined lazer beams from their cornea. In closing, I feel sorry for those who judge based on race. It is a sad and unfortunate circumstance, but one that is a very real part of our society. I often find that asians are surprisingly less outspoken about racism than other minorities, and wonder why. In reality, we all know that this is because when a young asian child is insubordinate, their parents discipline them by hitting them with nunchucks, bamboo shoots, or the handle of a samurai sword. This is a shame, since no race should ever be subject to discrimation, simply because they're different.
That's just those pregnancy hormones talking :club:
so is it stereotyping to ask them for help with my math?Also, most everyone is made fun of for the way they speak just tune into pretty much any episode of chappelles show or that God awful Mind of Mencia.
Is it stereotyping to ask you for help with drinking ? No offense intended, of course................I'm a Mick too so I already know how to drink :club: