Phil Gordon Gets Owned By Erick Lindgren

This happened on poker after dark. There was tension from the very beginning. Tells his he is a "freaking idiot" because he claimed he knew what Erick's hand was - which dates back to what Gordon said about Erick in an article, and what Daniel mentioned in a blog. Erick also says, "No one cares what you think" and "You can only read the whole cards"Gordon plays it off, but it is obvious that Erick is serious.Gordon later says sorry and asks for forgiveness and Erick says "hell no"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PAD VideoIt's at the very beginning of the video, and it really does seem like there is a lot of tension at the table.
This just is....OP is an idiot.There is no tension, E-Dog was obviously joking(hence the smile on his face), and nobody got owned./threadedit-watching episode now....someone please shoot Phil Gordon...althought his 'golf game' comment was pretty funny

phil gordon what a lump of stink in a babys diaper... come on he is so great but where is all of his bracelets at that make him so great. I have a pet chimp and i would stake the chimp 10k against gordon and throw a 10k prop that the chimp would bust gordon in an hour.

This just is....OP is an idiot.There is no tension, E-Dog was obviously joking(hence the smile on his face), and nobody got owned./threadedit-watching episode now....someone please shoot Phil Gordon...althought his 'golf game' comment was pretty funny
Yeah it was more a poorly timed comment by Phil than anything, especially when Erick just got caught bluffing for a sizable pot. Gordon shouldn't have picked at the situation by saying that he put Erick on a FD right after he got caught makes him seem like a know-it-all and its irrelevant since he wasn't even in the pot.

If you are a good poker player, you should easily be able to pick up from his body language that he is clearly not happy (and not joking around) when he makes the commentBesides, he just lost a pot, so its sort of an ******* thing to say if you are Gordon there. Lindgren owned him

I am behind on PAD but I am watching them on Tivo. There was an interesting moment during commentators week. They were talking about other players who should have been there and Sexton makes a crack that they should have invited Hellmuth. Gordon's head snaps around so freakin quick and he gives Sexton a death stare. Its funny because Hellmuth took over Gordons gig. I wonder if Sexton said it on purpose to tilt Gordon a little?

This happened on poker after dark. There was tension from the very beginning. Tells his he is a "freaking idiot" because he claimed he knew what Erick's hand was - which dates back to what Gordon said about Erick in an article, and what Daniel mentioned in a blog. Erick also says, "No one cares what you think" and "You can only read the whole cards"Gordon plays it off, but it is obvious that Erick is serious.Gordon later says sorry and asks for forgiveness and Erick says "hell no"
I watched this late last night and I couldn't wait to get on the forum this morning to see what everyone would say. I'm REALLY beginning to dislike Phil Gordon. He just thinks he knows it all. What was up with him hitting on Patrik too? He asked him at what age "he knew he was blessed", lol. There was no need for him to comment on the hand between Patrik and Erick either, he just thinks he knows it all. I wonder if this is where the tension between him and E-Dawg started? I'm not quite sure of the timeline in which this episode taped, Erick and Phil played at a final table (or was this the table Phil referred to in his article?) and when Daniel wrote a blog about Phil. Also, is it me or does Phil Ivey seem to not care about poker anymore? The guy is gonna be a golf pro in a few years I bet. It's a shame cause he's the best. I'm really looking forward to watching Antonius this week too.
Well, if erick had actually written what you wrote, he'd be the idiot. Anyone can read WHOLE cards. I mean, they are right there in front of you. Perhaps he meant HOLE cards?
I watched this late last night and I couldn't wait to get on the forum this morning to see what everyone would say. I'm REALLY beginning to dislike Phil Gordon. He just thinks he knows it all. What was up with him hitting on Patrik too? He asked him at what age "he knew he was blessed", lol. There was no need for him to comment on the hand between Patrik and Erick either, he just thinks he knows it all. I wonder if this is where the tension between him and E-Dawg started? I'm not quite sure of the timeline in which this episode taped, Erick and Phil played at a final table (or was this the table Phil referred to in his article?) and when Daniel wrote a blog about Phil. Also, is it me or does Phil Ivey seem to not care about poker anymore? The guy is gonna be a golf pro in a few years I bet. It's a shame cause he's the best. I'm really looking forward to watching Antonius this week too.
Yeah, I think he referred to Patrik as the chosen one, but who could really deny that?

Best line was when Ivey says they need some cocktails and Gordon is like I'm having whatever you're having and then from left field Lindgren goes "You probably already know what he wants!" Now that was funny. Gordon trying to be buddy buddy and gets the smackdown, he really comes off bad man....never liked him before and I sure as hell dislike him even more now.

I agree completely. I used to like Gordon, but he certainly made an ass of himself every time he showed up on TV lately.And Ivey does seem to lack interest, but I don't think the reason is poker generally but that the stakes in games like PAD and ProAm Equalizer don't mean anything to him and that he just plays there because of PR-concerns. Also, he always looks like he is extremely annoyed by people who talk too much at the table - Laak, Hellmuth, Gordon, etc, I think players like that really irritate him... :club:

Which happened first? Grodons comments or the filming of this episode. It would make sense if this was filmed and then Gordon made the comments he made against E-Dog. But, this is not the case I don't think.

Which happened first? Grodons comments or the filming of this episode. It would make sense if this was filmed and then Gordon made the comments he made against E-Dog. But, this is not the case I don't think.
I think that's more likely than the other way round. DNs blog entry about that was only a month ago, I don't think NBC is that fast in airing an espisode of Poker After Dark.
I disagree completely. They know they're on national tv. They're not gonna up and snarl at each other. They have to at least make it halfway appear to be a joke. But obviously when Erik says "Hell no"... it's for real.
Best line was when Ivey says they need some cocktails and Gordon is like I'm having whatever you're having and then from left field Lindgren goes "You probably already know what he wants!" Now that was funny. Gordon trying to be buddy buddy and gets the smackdown, he really comes off bad man....never liked him before and I sure as hell dislike him even more now.
Agreed... that was hilarious!

Erick was absolutely NOT joking.Gordon came out looking like an idiot with his "surround myself with idiots" comments followed by asinine comments about Patrick being the "chosen one". And followed it up by criticizing Ivey's play checking the river against Patrick.And did you catch Ivey's "there are people I enjoy playing with and people I don't" comment? I suspect Ivey has no love for Gordon either.

I disagree completely. They know they're on national tv. They're not gonna up and snarl at each other. They have to at least make it halfway appear to be a joke. But obviously when Erik says "Hell no"... it's for real.
I agree, it definitely didn't look like he was joking from what I saw.

The whole game is just uncomfortable. Every time Gordon opens his mouth, something absurd comes out, which is immediately followed by dead silence. He just has no filter, saying everything that pops into his mind. I guess things aren't as funny when you don't have Dave Foley to bounce them off of.

I was just about to watch Monday's episode on the nbc website and saw the opening banter between Eric and Phil. Phil- "Can i apologize and we can be friends again?"Eric- "Hell No!" :club: Sweet Mother of Pearl! I believe I am going to enjoy this episode.