Bkice Or Partypsux?

So...  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• BKice
    • PartyPSux

I beat BKice HU, so I'll go with JC :)They're both average tho...mediocre at best.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta go with JC here. Live play against top players beats the online skills of Bk. Bk's def favored over almost anyone on this site though, mad tourney skills against online players.Hopefully Bk will prove himself live when he turns 21 in a few years (I have 2 and some change years left too). WSOP 2009

gotta go with JC here. Live play against top players beats the online skills of Bk. Bk's def favored over almost anyone on this site though, mad tourney skills against online players.Hopefully Bk will prove himself live when he turns 21 in a few years (I have 2 and some change years left too). WSOP 2009
Would percentage of the live tourney participants would you call "top players"? I'd contend that the online tournament scene is just as strong, or even stronger than a good portion of the people that play live tournaments. I'm not taking away anything from either player but just trying to further some discussion. JC is a sicko but didn't he gain his foundation playing online tournaments? Most online tournament pros have probably put in more hands/have more experience than a large number of tourney pros.

almost eveyrone on this forum can suck my ****. it's funny how few good poker players there are on this forum yet everyone's ready to jump up and tell me how bad i am and how the only reason i win is because of volume (what?!?) and i play against bad players. i would LOVE to compare stats/overall roi/etc with a bunch of people in this thread, since they seem to think beating the biggest online mtts is a piece of cake. fwiw, i have been playing poker for 15 months and have played one live tournament. if this thread is about "who is the better poker player" i'm not sure there's any argument for me, seeing as how JC has been playing much much longer than i have. if this is about "who is the better online mtt player" i'm not sure how anyone could pick jc seeing as how he doesn't really play online mtts. if this is about "who is the best cash game player" again it's jc because he has much much more experience and success at cash games than i. if this is about "who is the best live mtt player" i'm not sure how anyone could pick me considering what jc has done lately. i mean, i don't really have an argument for picking me over jc, seeing as how he has been playing poker for 2 or 3 times as long as i have (i think), but a ton of comments in this thread are straight retarded. everyone talking **** in this thread, gifafi.

If we're talking about super-defensive overreactions, my money's on bk.
when you play poker for 40+ hours a wee, you like to take pride in your work and what you do, and when you come on one of the forums you frequent and see a bunch of people you either don't know or don't think very highly of telling you that you're overrated and you only put up results because you play a huge volume and play against terrible players, i'm not sure how you DON'T get pissed off at a thread like this. i'm pretty sure jc found this thread as useless/pointless as i did, it's just that people aren't here telling him all his results and success are due to factors other than his skill level.btw, here are my 2006 mtt stats, would love to hear from everyone else in this thread. 1091 played 173 cashes => 15.86% ITM rate 57 final tables => 5.22% FT ratetotal cashes - $262,000total buyins - $148,000 profit => $114,000 roi => 76.54%
when you play poker for 40+ hours a wee, you like to take pride in your work and what you do, and when you come on one of the forums you frequent and see a bunch of people you either don't know or don't think very highly of telling you that you're overrated and you only put up results because you play a huge volume and play against terrible players, i'm not sure how you DON'T get pissed off at a thread like this. i'm pretty sure jc found this thread as useless/pointless as i did, it's just that people aren't here telling him all his results and success are due to factors other than his skill level.
Not true; obv lucky West Bros money. :)This thread is lame, except for Looshle's 'bet like-a dis' post.
Really? Where does that line begin?
FAG
when you play poker for 40+ hours a wee, you like to take pride in your work and what you do, and when you come on one of the forums you frequent and see a bunch of people you either don't know or don't think very highly of telling you that you're overrated and you only put up results because you play a huge volume and play against terrible players, i'm not sure how you DON'T get pissed off at a thread like this. i'm pretty sure jc found this thread as useless/pointless as i did, it's just that people aren't here telling him all his results and success are due to factors other than his skill level.
imagesoe0.jpg
This thread is lame.
QFT/thread
I'm not sure the quality of play in JC's $10K live tourneys is higher than the 50r, 100 freeze, 100r and 200 freezeouts that bkice regularly plays in online.
I'd much rather play vs a live field then an online field. I would think this would be even more true for people that play the styles that BK and JC do. In general, live players are less apt to play effectively against them then online players who deal with it regularly. This is slowly changing because of the influx of online players into the live scene, but still holds true for the most part IMHO.

lol the internet is so funny sometimes... i dunno what kind of bitches you guys are in real life who are saying "omg overreaction" and "take a chill pill" but honestly do you have any self-resect or pride in what you do? i'm pretty sure if anyone got called out the way i did in this thread they would feel a) real insulted and B) a need to defend themselves.

i'm pretty sure if anyone got called out the way i did in this thread they would feel a) real insulted and B) a need to defend themselves.
Called out the way you did? Seriously?This guy said you play a high volume of tourneys because you want the fame. That has nothing to do with what he thinks of your skills. Notice how he said you are a great player.
prtypsux, with no hesitation. no offense to BK, he's great, but he also plays a high volume to get the fame. From what I know and have seen, prtyp is a way better choice, AINEC.
This guy said you play against donkeys. I doubt many people will agree with it, but he didn't say you suck or anything.
Alvarado, hands down.He's proven himself against good players.Bkice makes a living playing against donkeys.
This guy thinks that winning live means more than winning online. It's debatable, but it's his opinion. Notice how he still said you have "mad tourney skills."
Did I miss some super-insulting post against you?
lol the internet is so funny sometimes... i dunno what kind of bitches you guys are in real life who are saying "omg overreaction" and "take a chill pill" but honestly do you have any self-resect or pride in what you do? i'm pretty sure if anyone got called out the way i did in this thread they would feel a) real insulted and B) a need to defend themselves.
Don't worry Bkice. You know you are good, you are ranked in P5, so your results speak for themselves. People tend to be very brave when they are sitting behind their computer.
I'd much rather play vs a live field then an online field. I would think this would be even more true for people that play the styles that BK and JC do. In general, live players are less apt to play effectively against them then online players who deal with it regularly. This is slowly changing because of the influx of online players into the live scene, but still holds true for the most part IMHO.
From what i understand BK and JC play very different styles.

joey jo jo please go find something better to do with your time. please believe i take offense at "no offense to bk... but he plays a high volume to get the fame" which implies i wouldn't make money or be known if i didn't play as many tourneys as i did. not sure how this is at all relevant when most people think of roi as the #1 criteria for a mtt player, but whatever. also, "bkice makes a living playing against donkeys" even though this shows a complete misunderstanding of what poker is about, i still felt it was insulting and meant to belittle my results. regardless, i'm not sure why you care i'm offended by other people's posts.

ummm, what JJJ said. if Derek Jeter is walking by a community centre, and sees a beer league game going on, and overhears the 220-pound guy with three groundouts and an error saying "jeter only hits .300 because he has so much protection behind him" do you think Jeter gets all pissed off, calls the guy out, and challenges him to a hitting competition?well maybe, since jeter is a fag. but you know what i mean.
From what i understand BK and JC play very different styles.
Orly? I suppose I should have stated that differently. Their games might be different on the surface, but they both are inherently aggressive. JC more so post flop, and BK pre flop. Hence, that is why I used the plural form of 'style' instead of the singlular, implying that there was more then one style I was referring to. :club: From what I understand, JC and BK dress in very different styles as well FWIW.
Would percentage of the live tourney participants would you call "top players"? I'd contend that the online tournament scene is just as strong, or even stronger than a good portion of the people that play live tournaments. I'm not taking away anything from either player but just trying to further some discussion. JC is a sicko but didn't he gain his foundation playing online tournaments? Most online tournament pros have probably put in more hands/have more experience than a large number of tourney pros.
I completely agree with you.. I'm rolled to play the 50 and 100 rebuys but I would never play those tournies because its the toughest tourney on the net.. and probably better then any WSOP field.