reeeeeeeeeeeeee cyyyyyyyyyy cllllllll iiiiiiiiiing?I'm afraid I'm not familar with that term you adorable little ragamuffin....
Yeah, that's what I thought of when I heard the topic too.I do it. I haven't done enough research to know whether or not it's a crock or not. I can't really imagine that it is, though. At very worse it could be almost neutral. I'm sure it's much more of a crock with certain things than others (glass vs paper, etc), though I have no idea which ones or why.So, uh, I have absolutely nothing to add.

I hated writing on that recycled paper they used to sell when I was in elementary school... you'd erase something and it would mess up the paper...also, I used to recycle bottles and cans at the grocery store, where they had the self serve machines up front... put a botttle in and hear it get shredded up... and than the nickel would drop...

I hated writing on that recycled paper they used to sell when I was in elementary school... you'd erase something and it would mess up the paper...also, I used to recycle bottles and cans at the grocery store, where they had the self serve machines up front... put a botttle in and hear it get shredded up... and than the nickel would drop...
I wanna recycle Vida.. whatever that means..

there was a summer in high school when i worked for the school district, and about once every two weeks we had to take a few trucks full of old beat up desks and file cabinets and dump them at a landfill. no matter what time of day we went there was a constant, steady stream of garbage trucks - the place was always completely full. by the end of the summer it was clear how much the landfill had grown... just an insane amount. it was both disgusting and scary.i recycle everything now. if you ever want to make someone feel better about recycling, take them to a landfill.

Penn & Teller Bullsh!t season 2, episode recycling.[/recycling]

I don't. Mainly cause it's far too much hassle. I thought I heard recently it's a law in chicago. Is that right? Anyone know? Not that it's gonna change anything.

Penn & Teller Bullsh!t season 2, episode recycling.[/recycling]
forming opinions based off of the biased viewpoints of entertainers like penn & teller & john stossel & michael moore & anyone who tries to present themselves as a whistleblower on issues that obviously contradict their personal politics:/intelligence

My understanding is the recycling is almost always a net negative for the environment. This is just based on a variety of reports on both sides, but I haven't seen recent reports or really convincing reports either way.I try to recycle, but it appears to be a joke. We have a separate container, and I dutifully separate the cans, bottles, and papers, and then the garbage truck comes and dumps them all together in the back of the truck. No, it's not a separate compartment. The garbage and the recycling are mixed and all get compressed together.I still do it because it saves us from buying so many garbage bags.It is much more efficient to save on the "reduce" and "reuse" side than the "recycle" side. Buy products that use less packing material (for example, buy in bulk and break stuff into smaller, reusable containers at home).

forming opinions based off of the biased viewpoints of entertainers like penn & teller & john stossel & michael moore & anyone who tries to present themselves as a whistleblower on issues that obviously contradict their personal politics:/intelligence
That's a cop out.
My understanding is the recycling is almost always a net negative for the environment. This is just based on a variety of reports on both sides, but I haven't seen recent reports or really convincing reports either way.I try to recycle, but it appears to be a joke. We have a separate container, and I dutifully separate the cans, bottles, and papers, and then the garbage truck comes and dumps them all together in the back of the truck. No, it's not a separate compartment. The garbage and the recycling are mixed and all get compressed together.I still do it because it saves us from buying so many garbage bags.It is much more efficient to save on the "reduce" and "reuse" side than the "recycle" side. Buy products that use less packing material (for example, buy in bulk and break stuff into smaller, reusable containers at home).
I'm confused as to how recycling can be a negative for the environment. I not read any reports for the 'against' side.Surely to recycle anything doesn't involve, or uses less of a 'new' component. If you recycle cardboard surely there is a drastic drop in the need of tree felling etc.It's pretty poor though that you have made an effort and the garbage people mix it together though.
I'm confused as to how recycling can be a negative for the environment. I not read any reports for the 'against' side.Surely to recycle anything doesn't involve, or uses less of a 'new' component. If you recycle cardboard surely there is a drastic drop in the need of tree felling etc.It's pretty poor though that you have made an effort and the garbage people mix it together though.
You are not considering the cost and energy needed to collect and process the materials. And as for saving trees: trees are specifically grown for paper.
That's a cop out.
what?
You are not considering the cost and energy needed to collect and process the materials. And as for saving trees: trees are specifically grown for paper.
what?
Yes, they plant trees to grow for paper use. They also grow trees to be used as Christmas trees. It's amazing I know, but true.
thats crazy.. next you will say they grow chickens and cows specifically for food

If you think that you are saving the world when you recycle, well you aren't. If you are recycling because it makes you feel good, well awesome! Keep it up.If a town is forcing its citizens to recycle, well then thats what we call a government subsidy of big business. You see, it costs companies more to recycle most materials than it costs for those same materials to be reharvested or remanufactured. In addition, it often pollutes more than original harvesting. In order to offset this, some local government are paying companies to handle their recycling, and as a part of that deal all people within their governance must take part. So basically, a local government has sold its citizens' freedom of choice to a private corporation.One exception to the cost differential is aluminum. Ever notice how you see bums on the street collecting them? Thats because money can be made doing so. That means that recycling aluminum cans, foil, etc can actually be a beneficial endeavor for everybody involved (except for aluminum miners of course). So from here on out, lets use this formula:If its worth a bum's time to perform the collection of the item for recycling, then its possibly worth having a truck roll to your house to come and pick it up.

If you think that you are saving the world when you recycle, well you aren't. If you are recycling because it makes you feel good, well awesome! Keep it up.If a town is forcing its citizens to recycle, well then thats what we call a government subsidy of big business. You see, it costs companies more to recycle most materials than it costs for those same materials to be reharvested or remanufactured. In addition, it often pollutes more than original harvesting. In order to offset this, some local government are paying companies to handle their recycling, and as a part of that deal all people within their governance must take part. So basically, a local government has sold its citizens' freedom of choice to a private corporation.One exception to the cost differential is aluminum. Ever notice how you see bums on the street collecting them? Thats because money can be made doing so. That means that recycling aluminum cans, foil, etc can actually be a beneficial endeavor for everybody involved (except for aluminum miners of course). So from here on out, lets use this formula:If its worth a bum's time to perform the collection of the item for recycling, then its possibly worth having a truck roll to your house to come and pick it up.
Yeah, I saw that episode of Bullshit too. Did you cut and paste that drectly from the script?