I've read the book he did with Hellmuth, pretty good stuff. Works with alot of the pros so I can only imagine it would strengthen your game if you play live alot

I've read the book and it's excellent. It does take a lot of effort to apply however if you're not in the habit of making detailed observations. I've had some success with it with people who have blatant tells and more limited success with people who apply some effort to concealing tells. If nothing else the book is a must read for its info on concealing tells.

I put a quick summary of his talk at Camp Hellmuth in the NLHE Strat section...probably last August?Mark

I've read the book and it's excellent. It does take a lot of effort to apply however if you're not in the habit of making detailed observations. I've had some success with it with people who have blatant tells and more limited success with people who apply some effort to concealing tells. If nothing else the book is a must read for its info on concealing tells.
I've read the book also. Its a good read, but so far it has been very difficult for me to observe most of the tells that he has mentioned. Hand position, feet position, head tilting, hand movements, are things that seem to change from player to player, and are not always indicative of the meanings that he suggests in his book.
I've read the book also. Its a good read, but so far it has been very difficult for me to observe most of the tells that he has mentioned. Hand position, feet position, head tilting, hand movements, are things that seem to change from player to player, and are not always indicative of the meanings that he suggests in his book.
That's the whole point though. You need to observe their baseline behavior before you can notice changes and then interpret those changes.The most obvious tells I've found are the bluff "freeze" tells - sitting upright, holding breath, etc. A good idea is to just pick one player - I'm working on a guy who's loose and hard to read from his betting patterns - and observe them all the time - including when they're not in a hand.

I have bought the video but haven't watched it yet. Since no one else seems to have either, I'll post a review after I've watched it.I read the book but like many of you have had a hard time putting it in practice. Partly that's because I mostly play limit live, and the stress of a limit hand is so much lower than NL that you don't get the strong reactions you can get in NL. I have picked up a few things in some live NL events that I wouldn't have before, but I'm anticipating that the visual study of the video will help even more.

I bought the Video and the book and they are both very good. The book is more in depth than the video i believe so for the money i'd say the book is your best bet.

I just wrote a little bit about this book in my blog, and how it possibly helps experienced online players than it does live players. Good book, worth the buy if you're playing live a lot.