blue jays al east championship...i feel it

i really love the jays. i'd like to see us take a competitive third this year, and really fight for that wild card spot as our increased budget buys us some relief pitching and starters for the next few years, as dave bush, brandon league, gustavo chacin and dustin mcgowan develop their stuff. and please, oh god, get rid of josh towers. i think me and my buddies could knock that guy around for 6 or 7 runs goddamn he sucks.GO JAYS.p.s. sit reed johnson, the guy is a GIDP machine.daniel

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that as long as Bobby Cox and John Schuerholz are around, the Braves are winning the NL East.  Every single year until Cox and Schuerholz die/retire.Of course, we can't win the NL East until Tim Kurkjian and everyone else at ESPN writes the Braves off for the year.  Look for it in late-May/early June.Mark these words.Hudson: 20 game winner, Cy Young/MVP candidate.Dan Kolb:  55+ saves.Andruw Jones:  Breakout year offensively (10 HR in spring training).John Smoltz:  Overall good year.  Postseason MVP.
mark this downjosh beckett best pitcher IN BASEBALL and nl cy youngflorida and angels in the world seriesagree with andruw jonesarod will have a monster year and win the al mvplook for jake peavy to win 18-20 games and challenge for the cy youngrichie sexson will hit 53 plus jacksplaoff pictureyanks, red sox, indians,angelsmarlins,cards,padres,metsand I am a die hard red sox fan living in R.I most of my life

The chances of the White Sox beating out the Twins are much worse than Smash's descriptive situation where the Blue Jays could win the AL East. Ok,,, their leadoff hitter is a .250 hitter if he's lucky, their cleanup hitter failed to reach .270 and 25 last year and the supposed ace of their staff gets shelled frequently enough to make one believe his ERA will be over 4 once again this year. And,,, how does that make for winning formula again???? They've proven over the last 4 years that they can't beat the Twins,,, so what's the argument here?

I'm a Jays fan partially out of hometown loyalty, and part because of growing up during the glory days.I think the Jays are being vastly underrated this year. Every magazine has predicted a last place or 4th place finish. I know it's still early, and I'm hesitant still to say it...but they have a chance.Red Sox and Yankees have both struggled a bit. It's hard to tell much this early since six of the first nine games those two teams play are against each other, but I'm seeing pitching problems from both teams. Especially with David Wells. (Grumbles about his random fantasy draft pick) I may give the edge to Red Sox since they've shown great hitting power. Against the Jays, the Jays were in every game this weekend...I'd say we're in for an exciting season in the AL East.

for sure jays have been underrated this yearthat team they have this year is alot better than previous yearsas long as our pitching keeps up, we can probably be able to have a run at boston and new yorkGO JAYS GO!!!!!

The Blue Jays are a mediocre team. Inconsistent closer, weak starting pitchers, and a bunch of questionable hitters. 3rd place at best, most likely 4th place.I keep hearing "off to a goods start". By that logic, the Brewers will win their division.

GO PIRATES... they will beat those loser cubs... actually I think the White Sox have a better team then the Twins. They will also end up over .500 and win the central, even if they end up 82-80 :wink:

thanks for the vine....quick not about the blue jays, young gutsy lineup, flying under the radar, no one talks bout them, no one cares....they are goin all the way this seasonAll the way to 15 games out of the wildcard.Their chance of winning a division with the Red Sox and Yankees in it is about the same as me being hit by a metor made of walnuts and goar cheese, and living to tell the tale transformed into a giant prayin mantis that's 90 feet tall.
Couldn't have said it better...

Jason Schmidt is winning the NL Cy Young. Last year he pitched injured and not so good in September and his final ERA was still 3.20.The Yankees will win the East because they can outspend everyone to win the East.Leo Mazzone will sacrifice another child to Zeus and the non-Smoltz/Hudson parts of the Braves rotation will somehow keep it together.The Twins will give up on their back 3 pitchers and somehow win their division with a 2-man rotation of Santana and Radke.The Angels, confused as to where to play due to their name change, will miss all their home games and lose the AL West to the A's. Joe Morgan will continue to refer to Billy Beane as the author of Moneyball.Milwaukee will suprise everyone and finish 160-2, but will lose in the first round of the playoffs.Yep.That's what's gonna happen.

Jason Schmidt is winning the NL Cy Young.  Last year he pitched injured and not so good in September and his final ERA was still 3.20.The Yankees will win the East because they can outspend everyone to win the East.Leo Mazzone will sacrifice another child to Zeus and the non-Smoltz/Hudson parts of the Braves rotation will somehow keep it together.The Twins will give up on their back 3 pitchers and somehow win their division with a 2-man rotation of Santana and Radke.The Angels, confused as to where to play due to their name change, will miss all their home games and lose the AL West to the A's.  Joe Morgan will continue to refer to Billy Beane as the author of Moneyball.Milwaukee will suprise everyone and finish 160-2, but will lose in the first round of the playoffs.Yep.That's what's gonna happen.
thats good stuff :club: mccarver is the man, forget joe morganJosh beckett is dirty,filthy,nasty and will go 21-3 2.17 and win the cy young

Listen, i'm a huge jays fan, but i dunno.. they're just in too tough a division.. i think they're good... i think this is one of there break out years... i just think they're in to unfair of a division to be making any bets on them.Maybe though!!.. i wanna see it!

I'd be happy if they finished with a better than .500 record, that would mean progression and a positive step being taken. I like the team more this year as theres a lot of balance in the lineup compared to last yr. The pitching staff should also be improved to, so I think a .500 record is reasonable, playoff spot is another thing. Something needs to be done about the structure, perhaps they should expand the playoffs to 6 teams and give the top 2 teams a bye, similar to football, I think this would be better. It's pretty hard to develop a fan base for a sport that the same teams dominate practically every yr. Playoffs are huge in pro sports and if a team never has a shot at playoffs, it's pretty hard to cheer them on. Some teams that suck just always suck no matter what, there's just no parity at all in baseball. The best teams just keep getting better while the bad teams just get worst.

Was at the game on Saturday when the Jay's kicked the Sox and boomer well's ASS. The jay's are going to be the team to beat this year if they go out and get a closer, without one they will end up third.

All the way to 15 games out of the wildcard.Their chance of winning a division with the Red Sox and Yankees in it is about the same as me being hit by a metor made of walnuts and goar cheese, and living to tell the tale transformed into a giant prayin mantis that's 90 feet tall.
LOL.....I love it....Smash hit the nail on the head here....took the words right outta my mouth.....You Jays fans are out of your minds!!! hahahahahahahaha
...there's just no parity at all in baseball.
Are you kidding me?2004 Champs: Red Sox2003 Champs: Marlins2002 Champs: Angels2001 Champs: Diamondbacks2000 Champs: Yankees5 different teams win the whole shebang over the past five years and there's no parity? Yeah...the NFL has been so much better with the Pats dominating.Over the past 15 years, there are very few baseball teams that haven't made a trip to the playoffs: Tampa Bay, Detroit, Kansas City, Montreal/Washington, and Milwaukee. That's 5 teams out of 30.Anyway, I'm quite happy with the Braves and White Sox sitting atop everyone at the moment...though it's still early. Here's to hoping they can run the marathon and get it done in the playoffs.