new convert to vegetarian

i read that daniel is a vegetarian and identified because i recently converted. just wondering if anyone has any advice on supplements to take or specific meals that really give an energy boost.

no but i have a question.i do not eat healthy at all or sleep regularly i need help i dont know what i am even supose to eat i just eat out all the timewhat should I eat?!?!?!

Cap, before you get flamed for posting in the wrong forum, I just want to tell you that these kinds of things go in off topic. You're new, so maybe you didn't see it. But, for future reference, ya know? :club:

anyways back to me aswell i want to start eating healthy what can i do
Eat a vegetable once in a while and stop hijacking the damn thread.To the topic starter: Sorry, I'd help you, but I'd have no idea what I was talking about.
anyways back to me aswell i want to start eating healthy what can i do
Eat a vegetable once in a while and stop hijacking the damn thread.To the topic starter: Sorry, I'd help you, but I'd have no idea what I was talking about.
loooooooooolllllll

I was a vegetarian for 3 years, it takes a lot of work. I took a Centrum Complete, B12, Iron capsules and Calcium everyday, as well as cooked of lots of high protein soy foods-tofu, fake meat and ate tons of Beans-so I recommend Beano!!!

Can't go wrong with the tofu for protein. Beans rock too, but not before you go on a date. While training I'll eat carbs in the morning/afternoon and proteins at night. Any food guide will tell you all you need is 5 - 10 servings of fruits/vegetables a day, 3 - 6 servings of protein (I think) and I forget the rest. A serving is anything that fits in your hand. Example: 1 apple = 1 serving of fruit/vegetable, hanful of tofu = 1 serving of protein etc.If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are.... - Zen Saying

I'm gonna start asking for poker tips on the foodnetwork.com forum
Love that site...If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are.... - Zen Saying

Hey Cap,I became a vegetarian about 9 months ago and the transition hasn't been as difficult as I believed. There are a few companies out there who now have vegetarian burgers, chicken patties, chicken nuggets, etc., in the grocery store...and with tomato, pickle, ketchup... I can't even tell the difference anymore. Daniel often mentions that if he's at a tourney, it's sometimes tough to find a decent meal. I know when I'm at Foxwoods or another B&M, I just fall back on a slice of pizza. Then again, I 'm not a vegetarian just to be more healthy; for each person that goes veggy, about 70-90 animals per year aren't bred. Because there's an entire planet to feed, literally billions of animals are being bred and slaughtered each month. The conditions in which many live have has been shown to drive intelligent creatures like pigs and chicken literally insane (this almost always results from confinement in small cages 24/7). There are also major benefits to the environment that result from an individual's decision (less water needed for livestock and less run-off of animal waste into our water supply). With all the nutritional advancements, it's now very simple to live meat-free; it's just that millions of people have been raised in a culture of meat-eaters and don't put much thought into the matter (life is hectic and stressful enough without examining something that s just a part of who you are). But I'm convinced if more people learned more and really took the time to reflect on the matter, many many would be compelled to change over. It was always nagging in the back of my mind but now that I've done it, it just feels right.