Taking A Long Break From Poker

Everyone needs a break once in a while. I hope everything works out for you Scott and hope this wont deter you from posting here at the Forums. I went through a similar situation in Golf and put the sticks away for 6 months, it was the best decision I ever made. When I started playing again I felt my batteries recharged and my thought process on the links came back to me. If I had continued to play during the (rough patch) I would have lost thousands more. The break re energized me and brought back the passion I had for the game. Good Luck....at least your golf game will improve with no more poker thoughts for awhile!Ozi
Man Ozi, don't make it worse on poor nutz buy getting his hopes up.Nutz,I only wish I could have had a chance to give you some REAL tips before the leak developed. Oh well, I can't save everyone.

best of luck nutz - it takes a lot of sack to tell an internet community you're currently a losing player - good luck finding/plugging leaks and hope you get back on track soon

never in my life have i seen more losers together in one place then on this forum.
Feel at home? You should...but perhaps for the same reasons and maybe (based on this post) a few others.
Feel at home? You should...but perhaps for the same reasons and maybe (based on this post) a few others.
i see u were offended. i wonder why....anyway, dont be... your loserness is natural. its what you are. dont be ashamed or embarassed and lash out when people point it out.
there are people in this world who could use your organs
Like your fellow cult members? LOL at BLTC.com - is that short for Bacon/Lettuce/Tomato/Cheese?You are an interesting mix - abusive and insane. Oh well, here is a small tip : DON'T DRINK THE JUICE!Now run back to the airport and hand out some more pamplets.
wow just checked out that BLTC link and I am just speechless.....................
No doubt eh? Maybe he thinks a world "without pain" will make the bad beats easier to take.LOL@CULTAMENTS....
Best to ya Nutz, keep in touch on MSN/email as there's plenty to chat about outside poker.Jim
OMG you do NOT want him to start talking to you about his job....j/k Nutz ;)Mark

GL Scott,It's great that you can see the weakness in yourself, yet have the strength to fix it. You'll be a winning player in the long run with your attitude. Good luck with everything and we'll see ya in Vegas or LA again soon. Enjoy the break, maybe take the wife on a vacation and good luck with the career struggles.Ron.

thats was awesome. i see you took a class in flaming also you must have at least a 90 iq to click on my link so please refrain from doing that
Ouch - that was painful. Please teach me how to make the pain go away....can I have some pamplets?

Nutz, One thing I've learned from playing, and I think most successful live game players (live cash game players--grinders) have learned early in the grind is that you shouldn't take this game too seriously. When the money matters to you, you play sub-optimally. When you take yourself as a player too seriously, you will be "that guy" that ends up talking to himself about bad runs, or cold decks as if your son or daughter depended on it: nobody should play cards in that scenario. There is life outside of cards. I have stories about pathetic cardplayers, but I won't go into detail. You probably already have been exposed to the abysmal depths of pathetic cardplayers who replace the importance of this game over and above what happens outside the cardroom. Those cardplayers are losers whether they win big or lose big, Without life experiences outside of poker, you serve a meaningless purpose as a human being. We see players (on a public-basis) like Barry or Negreanu try to give back to the community, but guys like that are few and far between in the poker world. Poker is a job, a hobby, a way to avoid boredom, or hopefully for many of the enthusiasts on this forum a way to make millions, but it is not a cure for cancer, an end to war, or and end to world hunger--no matter how much money you make, you are just a poker player--which for the younger less-experienced in life players is frightening and sad because there are issues in this world beyond the cards and whether succesful or not could seem like a waste of a life. It's bigger than poker. That said, I'm hard on quitters on this forum because often the quit poker theme is misplaced. You love this game, and part of you will always be a poker player, but you have either taken this game way too seriously beyond mere hand and strategy talk, you've played beyond your bankroll capability (and ran bad), or you've tried, single-mindedly, to score big because you see this game as a get rich quick way out (an easy way out of your financially tight lifestyle). All ways are a way that lead to a life of compulsion. But you can play this game without falling into those traps. Live game (cash game players), don't think that way, tournament players do. All ways are a way that lead to a life of compulsion. But you can play this game without falling into those traps by treating poker as a mere game that somehow enhances your life, rather than defines who you are. For the real-job working man with a family that is the way to approach the game. Take your shots, but don't let the game supercede what is happening in your life. In life, you get one shot; in poker, you can always rebuild and take multiple shots. You will never leave poker forever. No true enthusiast, or cardplayer does: it's in your DNA bro. But what you've realized is that there are more meaningful things in life to worry about--as if your life depended on it--outside of cards. Once you get to that zen state, I welcome you back to cards. I apologize if in an early rejoinder to your quit poker post I've minimized your "melodrama", but i've tried to explain where I'm coming from, and hope the best for you and yours. Good luck in your life and when you return--which you will--, may you run well always.TP/MM,GRJ