people's personal favourite hands ?

What are your own favourite hands and why ?My top 2 are:10 10 - Not sure why but I rarely lose with this hand, I can only recall one defeat.J 10 (suited or not) - Make the straight with this and it's always the nuts (barring flush / full house).

I like people who have favorite hands, because most of the time they have a hard time laying them down. I especially like the folks on Stars that are named like "AKofxxxx" and the like (sorry if you are that person).Therefore, I refuse to have a favorite hand.Although I did piss a guy off playing T6 suited to a raise recently. Probably a stupid move on my part, I know, but I just felt the urge to play it and I ended up breaking a guy with it. I haven't touched the hand since then.

for some odd reason i always seem to play K10I know that its a shitty hand and most of the time i lose with it but i always play it though. Maybe its because i saw scotty nguyen bluff sam farha out of a big pot in the 2003 WSOP with king 10 high. cant recall winning with it though :club:

I like Q8, especially suited from the late position. The cards to connect and can give you a straight draw that is hard for anyone to put you on. I won't play it early too often and I don't get married to it if I miss the flop.

You can have a favorite hand... just play it right and don't play it too often.Just because you have a good streak with one hand, don't compromise your playing.Glad some of you are enjoying your hands, but I enjoy people who misplay hands more often.I personally find AK easier to play than AA when multitabling. AA always makes me think more than AK does. Though of course my overall wins with AA are higher. In my last 6,000 hands JJ is my biggest winner - but it is also appearing 50% as often as AA or KK is (my next two biggest winners).Everyone should be trying out poker tracker to see how well your favorites do for real. I stopped playing K10 as much after seeing my real net gains.

but, I sometime play 7 10 in NL because of Daniel. Obviously, I am much worse but so far I have had +EV. Rare times I hit big... but I consider it my version of a bluff schedule.

the hand i hate more then any hand and i will never play again is J4.everyone around here plays flat tire and raises it preflop its like our hand and we make hand histories of us winning with flat tire. well whenever i play flat tire i end up lossing monster pots with two pair and the guy hitting higher two pair and lossing to higher flush so i WILL NEVEr plAY FLAT TIRe AGAIN I DONt CARE IF OTHERs plAY IT:P

personaly my two favorite hands areAs 7s7s7hI will raise preflop with either.... but its got to be the exact combination.. if its just 7s7d i wont raise... same thing.. with A7 gotta be spades for the raise. i dont know but my poker tracker stats with those two hands (since i have only gotten them a combine 13 times is 9-4 I was surprised that they improved into the winner so often but the 4 times i didnt win only 1 was the A7 the other 3 where 77 that didnt turn into a set...

Love to see flops with junk hands, 4/6, 5/8 that at least have the opportunity of drawing to a flush or straight. Rather have 2 lows than like A/7, K/6 etc.

5,6 suited... hit my first ever straight flush with that hand.If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are.... - Zen Saying

5-7 suited!!!This hand is good if you have a big stack or the blinds are small or even medium. I like calling raises with it (preferably in posistion) but even out of position these hand are implied odds monsters against weak and amutare players. 4-7, 45 are great 2. even if its unsuited ill have a crack at the 5-7. early posistion raises with this hand are good 2(ALA Daniel Negranue).

My fav hand is 7-2 (suited or not) In a home game recently we had multiple folds with a couple limpers I was on the button, short stacked and rasied all-in with it for a steal attempt. The Big blind calls W/O thinking about it (he has less chips then me) , and another player in middle postion also calls, turns out I am up against AA, and KK. anyways flop come x, x, 2 turn is a 7 river x. I almost triple up and and knock out a player in the process!! It seems in our home games whenever someone has 7,2 they will hit at least 2 pair or a full house!

Guest Anonymous

I don't really have a favorite hand, but squeezing pocket ace's would be pretty nice :club:. Generally I don't like to have favorite hands that are like 7,4 or 9,8 because I would probably tend to be superstitious and make call's that would lose me unessecary money.

10-8s never freakin loses. I swear. Whenever I fold it, I somehow miss out on a full house or a straight or something.I'm not folding it at the WPT, lemme tell ya. Deep stack = 10-8s heaven!Well, unless someone makes a ridiculous raise.

I'm on a roll w/52off in late position. It really lights up the chat when you take one down with it too lolCan't catch a flop to save my life lately with good hands?go figure?

22. Deuces! Twenty-two!More than anything, I love winning a pot with 22 on the button, and then getting to say, "What's wrong with a set of ducks?" Once, I said that twice in a single session, and was joking about it with two friends at the table, and flopped 4 ducks. I just kept quacking and requacking. I won a tiny pot, but it was awesome when I got to flip my 4 deuces over, and the whole table quacked up a stormGod, I love ducks. Ice

Q9 on the button has been good to me. Recently I've gotten lucky and flopped some straights with it.I'll take Aces any time. Same with Cowboys.I like 9 10 suited, too.But like people said, just because you like a non-premium hand doesn't mean you play it no matter what.