Villain is: 42.86/14.29/1.83In position, is this optimal or would you raise/call?Limit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $3/$66 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 6 :D A :) UTG folds, Hero raises, 3 folds, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.Flop: J :) A :D J :club: (6.67SB, 2 players)BB bets, Hero calls.Turn: 3 :D (4.33BB, 2 players)BB bets, Hero calls.River: 7 :D (6.33BB, 2 players)BB bets, Hero calls.

Against a tight opponent, this line is fine.Against normals, I cap preflop.Because there is little reason not to.And it makes all of Villain's post-flop action much more genuine.And thus makes it easier to play.--CM

Do you open raise Ax from any position?
yes but I do so when I have a good feel for the game or if the game is just tight in general.If you're new to sh lhe, I recommend sticking to some kinda hand chart until you have a pretty good feel for how people are playing in general at sh lhe.
QUOTE(gobucks @ Wednesday, March 7th, 2007, 12:44 PM) Do you open raise Ax from any position?
yes but I do so when I have a good feel for the game or if the game is just tight in general.If you're new to sh lhe, I recommend sticking to some kinda hand chart until you have a pretty good feel for how people are playing in general at sh lhe.
Mikey,I've seen you open-fold the ace-rag hands many times from bad position.And I agree with this play.You have taught me to play those hands more coservatively.Open-raise or open-fold.Just don't open limp with them.--cm