Because if he picked himself and won he'd have a statistically worse chance of winning. If he'd bet on 2-3 others winning giving certain odds he could win in multiple ways..

hope he didn't pick himself-just busted against matusow. gg anyways. must have been an intense match, Daniel seemed be on the short stack then doubled up a few times-i hope we see it on tv

I picked myself to lose to Juanda in the second round. I also had E-DOG beating Juanda in the finals. I have Tuan Le and David Williams to go deep, and also Ted Forrest to make the semis.
you picked yourself to lose to juanda? Is that like some sort of reverse jinx psycke out? If you think you are going out in the second round, why play ( except for obvious TV publicity, that is). Seems like a bad foot to start of a tourney, psychologically. But then again, what do I know, you're the pro, and i'm the schmo.
you picked yourself to lose to juanda? Is that like some sort of reverse jinx psycke out? If you think you are going out in the second round, why play ( except for obvious TV publicity, that is). Seems like a bad foot to start of a tourney, psychologically. But then again, what do I know, you're the pro, and i'm the schmo.
It's all about +EV people :PIf he wins the tournament, then congratulations he's up.If he doesn't win, he's got more chances to make some cash.
I picked myself to lose to Juanda in the second round. I also had E-DOG beating Juanda in the finals. I have Tuan Le and David Williams to go deep, and also Ted Forrest to make the semis.
what did you think of the don cheadle win.I doubt anyone picked him to win.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DN is the worst predictor in the world! HAHAHA. His first predictions were a joke, and then only 1 in 4 of his updated predictions were correct! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I'm being mean because I ran a little prediction competition with my friends, and I also got demolished.

It's all about +EV people :PIf he wins the tournament, then congratulations he's up.If he doesn't win, he's got more chances to make some cash.
That is not mean it is +EV, it is basically just hedging his bet. Which is not necessarily a bad idea, but doesn't make it +EV.You have to consider two things. Is DN the best head up player in the tourney, does DN think this? If he thinks he is, then he should put the money on himself, that would be +EV (if he actually is the best player). If he does not think so, well then his money is best spent else where.