are bots real? gamboholic_

There is much talk about a bot running up the STEP tables on PartyPoker.gamboholic_Has been online for 5 days, playing 4 $1000 tables at a time, 7/24!! won't talk, pauses everytime. search for the name and everyone will be calling her a bot at the tables.Now the talk has turned that the "bot" is actually a PartyPoker bot. Not sure I beleive this part, I can't imagine they would have to, but if bots are real, this has got to be one of them.I could be very Naive here, and I can live with that, but "are bots real?" Dothey do this kind of thing? And has anyone else seen this?

I could be very Naive hereNo!There are bots out there, they all suck.  Be happy of you get to play one.
I know someone ran a bot for a week straight and was down over 4k when he checked in on it, bots are for suckers and theres a reason not many more people are using them. If you wanna buy one go ahead, just tell me the name and I'll be making sure it loses even more

I once applied for a job as a programmer at a Poker site (one of the big five-six). While we were talking, i led the conversation to testing and got them to admit that there are indeed pretty advanced bots out there for testing purposes.I'm not saying the poker sites use them to cheat on their customers though. If they got caught doing that, it would be very bad for business.If you can't spot and beat a bot, i'd say you don't have what it takes to be a long term winner in online poker.

Someone at 2+2 posted this same thread about the same person. Some well respected posters knew her, and knew she wasn't a bot.And I doubt she's been on 24/7. She probably just plays when you're checking. Lots of pro players put in absurd hours. 12+ hour days by pro players aren't that uncommon, and 50 hour sessions aren't too out of the ordinary for players who use drugs. Although I'm not saying she does use drugs; I personally have no idea who this person is.

i don't think i've ever played against a bot... hard to be sure though. anyway, here's a linkhttp://www.bonuswhores.com/blacklisted-sites.php well the word is censored out, the missing word is bonuswh o res (but no spaces)

Where's the kid who sells the tin foil helmets again?We need him right now.........
special deal this week. $24.95. and gamboholic has been on 24-7 for the last 5 days. literally. current thinking is that its multiple people shifting in and out on the same account.
There is much talk about a bot running up the STEP tables on PartyPoker.gamboholic_Has been online for 5 days, playing 4 $1000 tables at a time, 7/24!! won't talk, pauses everytime. search for the name and everyone will be calling her a bot at the tables.Now the talk has turned that the "bot" is actually a PartyPoker bot. Not sure I beleive this part, I can't imagine they would have to, but if bots are real, this has got to be one of them.I could be very Naive here, and I can live with that, but "are bots real?" Dothey do this kind of thing? And has anyone else seen this?
Two points:1. Get the hand history for this guy's STEP tables to show us he's been playing for 120 hours straight.2. If someone can write a bot good enough to win $1000 SNGs, he deserves the money.

I was watching a PP WSOP Step 6 yesterday when Gamboholic_ won. The people at the table, who from the way they talked, play the WSOP steps quite a bit, claimed she/he/it had just won step 6 for the 5th time. There's a lot of rumour about this player but I'd be very interested to know the truth.

Maybe Gamboholic_ is Daniel trying to stop any of us from getting a seat in the WSOP on the cheap and then busting him out. :-PI mean after the first win they just give you the cash anyway.

But just found out that he was doing the same on Sat night .Now i only saw the 6 in row on Sunday but a friend told me that he saw him/her win 5 in row on Sat . I don't care what u guys say no way can s/he wins 100% of the S&G!!! :shock: ps if i won 12000 x (6 on Sunday +5 on Sat)=132000 i would take the day off 2 :club: :shock:

But  just found out that he was doing the same on Sat night   .Now i only saw the 6 in row on Sunday but a friend told me that  he saw him/her win 5 in row on Sat  . I don't care what u guys say  no way can s/he wins 100% of the S&G
so the wins were fake?
As in real,What do you mean?I know a guy that designed his own and it makes him about 2500 a day.No you don't, sorry.
what do you mean? its not plausible that some random guy could design AI capable of beating players consistently in a game of incomplete information, while evading detection, and allowing his idiot friends to run their mouths endlessly on public space? seems likely to me...

For limit games, I don't think it's a question of if a bot is capable of beating the games, but when. The real question is profitability, the bot probably couldn't beat high limits with skillful players, but could crush the lower limits that are loaded with less skilled players. The solution would be to have the bot play as many tables as it could get away with, to increase it's earn rate. That however, is a pickle in itself. Since online can track every hand, you could only play so many bots per site before you were detected. With poker exploding in popularity, as well as all the $$$ floating around there up for grabs, it's practically inconceivable that many talented programmers are not working their butts off to try and "break" the game for as much as they can take. Maybe not even for the money, just the intellectual challenge of it all, it would definately be the next "killer application" in the field of Computer Science. Plus, with computers, it would be very easy to put your bot to the test without risking getting caught if you didn't want to immdediately access the money, the bots could be run out of some hole in the wall country, not unlike how many poker sites run their hardware in various countries.

Umm. i think a lot of you guys are missing something.. Theres been a few people saying this person won 6 S&G's in a row. valued at over 70K ???That seems very very very strange to me.. I mean. jesus.. did that player fly in from Krypton??.. something is going on there for sure

A year ago, I downloaded a demo version of a bot (I forget the exact one and I've deleted it now) and let it play for play money at Party Poker. I was new to poker at the time, so I just wanted to see if it worked. I only let it go for 20 minutes or so and all it did was fold preflop or right after the flop, and I got bored and quit. Actually that is the right strategy for LHE, but the stupid betting occurring in a play money limit game confused it a bit - lots and lots of capped bets.Party then started popping up windows advertising events, and that would mess with the screen scraper, so you couldn't just leave it unattended. It would delay sometimes as it was figuring out the cards.The demo version would only work for 24 hours, but with a little creative registry editing, I was able to uninstall and reinstall the next day. But after another 20 minutes, I got bored and quit again.I've never used it for real money. I think I'd rather play the game myself anyway. I know I can make money, and I know I'm not going to be down $1000 after a long unattended session.Peace,Opie