Quick Question Boston Residents

I'm planning a weekend trip during the summer to see the REDSOX. is it easy to scalp tickets the day of the game outside the park ?thanx!

Yeah, scalpers are all over the place. Walk around the back of the stadium (in back of Center Field) if you're afraid of cops (even though they see it and keep walking) because you'll run into way less.What team you looking to see Boston play? Prices are really high. Craigslist.org is a decent site to check for last minute sellers. They'll meet you at the stadium and often times they won't be official scalpers so their prices will be lower.

lifelong massachusetts resident, here is my story:2001: i attend boston university and as a freshman had the luxury of walking to fenway for every game and scalping bleacher seats (sometimes by the 3rd inning the scalpers would literally just give them away) but even during a high demand game you could always get tickets, at least bleacher seats for as low as $10....2004: the red sox win the world series and everything changes, traditional blue hats get replaced with pink ones, beer prices skyrocket, green monster seats replace the netting, everything becomes corporate, even the cask n flagon gets a makeover, adn its IMPOSSIBLE to get tickets...2007: still impossible to get tickets, if you plan on buying from a scalper be prepared to pay a VERY high premium regardless of who they are playing, doesnt matter if its the devil rays or yankees, sox games in the summer have become the newbury street fashion and its not easy to attend a game cheaply...your best bet is too try to find them on craigslist, but trying to scalp them the day of will most likely result in you not attending the game or paying upwards of $100/ticket for shitty seats...sorry to be such downer, this is just the reality of the situation, hope it helped

The last time I was able to make the trip to Mecca was in 2001. I had an extra ticket and it was not hard to find a scalper to sell it to. Only sold it for face value though...even though Pedro was pitching it was a cold rainy day in April and they were playing Tampa Bay. I think Pedro struck out 15 that day and they won 2-0 if my memory is correct. I miss Pedro...he had his faults, but when he had his stuff working there was nobody better.

I really miss Red Sox games in the Summer. I had my own personal scalper who sold me tickets at the bring-in price which was whatever he paid for his tickets. That was always a fun way.