Official Yankees 07 Thread

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news, the option on Abreu was picked up.
I threw up a littleIt was a soft .287 23 102 with 123 runs scored. If thats possible. Strong second half I suppose. I just felt we coulda found someone to do the same for 8 million and not 16 million. The buyout was 2 mill. I wonder if that was a factor? I don't know anymore. The Yanks have no position player prospects Major League ready right now, so we'll be a slave to free agency for a bit.
http://blog.sportscolumn.com/story/2007/4/9/1367/60158Nah they were at about 140 million this year.In other news, the option on Abreu was picked up.
Huh. Thought it was 160. In that case, their payroll will likely hold steady. Yankees had no choice on Abreu. Nobody is out there that can put up those numbers for 8 million a year...especially since the market's all crazy these days. So yeah, the Yankees are a slave to free agency in this offseason, and the talent out there is pretty thin overall.
I threw up a littleIt was a soft .287 23 102 with 123 runs scored. If thats possible. Strong second half I suppose. I just felt we coulda found someone to do the same for 8 million and not 16 million. The buyout was 2 mill. I wonder if that was a factor? I don't know anymore. The Yanks have no position player prospects Major League ready right now, so we'll be a slave to free agency for a bit.
You might be able to get better for 16 million (Aaron Rowand?), I dunno about 8. His 2nd half this season definitely saved his ass from getting dropped.Aside from his numbers though, when he was with Philly (I'm from the area, so naturally that's my team that I follow) the only huge criticism I've heard is that he just does not sacrifice his body for the ball, period. I remember him making a bunch of shoestring catches (or trapping the ball trying), but it seemed true that he just didn't dive at all. Haven't paid nearly as much attention to him since he's gone to the Yankees, so I don't know if he's still like that. If that is a reason that you don't like him on your team, I would not blame you in the least.
No worries. These things happen. I should have quoted Mexico's post.
always quote my stuff, it makes you cooler
You might be able to get better for 16 million (Aaron Rowand?), I dunno about 8. His 2nd half this season definitely saved his ass from getting dropped.Aside from his numbers though, when he was with Philly (I'm from the area, so naturally that's my team that I follow) the only huge criticism I've heard is that he just does not sacrifice his body for the ball, period. I remember him making a bunch of shoestring catches (or trapping the ball trying), but it seemed true that he just didn't dive at all. Haven't paid nearly as much attention to him since he's gone to the Yankees, so I don't know if he's still like that. If that is a reason that you don't like him on your team, I would not blame you in the least.
meh, he's just a little too passive. More than happy to work the count for a walk in an RBI situation as opposed to being a tad more aggressive. Aggressive mind you, not wreckless free swinger, but he's not awful.

...and apparently Posada got 4 years. 4/52 is possibly too much and probably too long, but the Yankees can absorb the dead money on the back end. More importantly, they plug what could have been a huge hole for next year. Man, I was really hoping Torre leaving would trigger an avalanche of talent leaving the Bronx...now I'm expecting Rivera to return and Pettitte to come back. Well, at least ARod's gone.

...and apparently Posada got 4 years. 4/52 is possibly too much and probably too long, but the Yankees can absorb the dead money on the back end. More importantly, they plug what could have been a huge hole for next year. Man, I was really hoping Torre leaving would trigger an avalanche of talent leaving the Bronx...now I'm expecting Rivera to return and Pettitte to come back. Well, at least ARod's gone.
With the year Posada had though, Im happy hes back but they def. overpaid a little rather then have to hunt for someone As for Pettite he said hes not going to another team and I just cant see him retiring but who knows?I think he would be great to have at the top of the rotation: Pettite, Wang, Hughes, Chamberlin, Kennedy, ?Mussina?, PavanoWe will have to do more waiting
With the year Posada had though, Im happy hes back but they def. overpaid a little rather then have to hunt for someone As for Pettite he said hes not going to another team and I just cant see him retiring but who knows?I think he would be great to have at the top of the rotation: Pettite, Wang, Hughes, Chamberlin, Kennedy, ?Mussina?, PavanoWe will have to do more waiting
Yeah, he had an absolutely awesome year, but one that will be extremely hard for him to reproduce. Still, even if he has a typical Posada season, the Yankees are much better off with him than whoever would be replacing him. The rotation looks much better with it just because you can't be too certain what the kids will do over the course of a whole season. I've heard rumblings that maybe he thinks he's a player named in the Mitchell report and he's waiting to see if that's the case. Treat that as a rumor though.

OMG!!If Arod comes back he will hear so much $hit next year it will be nutsIm so happy hes blaming it all on scott boras and how boras screwed him out of so much money hahabut im have mixed feelings about him coming back and im not gonna complain

OMG!!If Arod comes back he will hear so much $hit next year it will be nutsIm so happy hes blaming it all on scott boras and how boras screwed him out of so much money hahabut im have mixed feelings about him coming back and im not gonna complain
I'll complain for ya!! The Yanks need to get rid of him...he is a moral buster for the team. He is way over paid and the organization needs to stop catering to him. The fans are going to crush him out if he returns. He'll go back to the Yankees because they are the only team that can pay what he demands...and other teams are smart enough not to take him. I wish the organization would spend as much money on their bullpen and not on one thirdbaseman. I hate to say it but I think its going to be a while before the Yanks return to their former glory. Maybe I'll root for the Dodgers this year :club: Ladi
I'll complain for ya!! The Yanks need to get rid of him...he is a moral buster for the team. He is way over paid and the organization needs to stop catering to him. The fans are going to crush him out if he returns. He'll go back to the Yankees because they are the only team that can pay what he demands...and other teams are smart enough not to take him. I wish the organization would spend as much money on their bullpen and not on one thirdbaseman. I hate to say it but I think its going to be a while before the Yanks return to their former glory. Maybe I'll root for the Dodgers this year :club: Ladi
I dont think hes overpaid...hes so good. He really wants to be there and I think it was Boras's fault he opted out. I also heard that he promised the Rangers owner hed opt out so the Rangers wouldnt need to pay him anymore if hes on the Yanks but Im happy hes back, hes better then any 2 guys they could have gotten and I think he will change his attitude a little.

Soooo, apparently A-Rod is resigning with the Yankees for a ten year deal worth ~$270m + huge incentives. I guess it got overshadowed by the Bonds indictment and also I think Gay-Rod hasn't officially signed it yet, but it sounds like a done deal, yes?http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/arti...change_stripes/