Paul Wasicka - Is He Really That Good Or Just Lucky?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One buy in: $2000 or $3000Bankroll: 20 buy ins minimum - range of $50,000As far as Wasicka playing too tight, it probably cost him a victory in the WSOP because he folded the OESD when they were three-handed and he would have made the winner on the river. But this is a debate that won't be resolved here.
I was going to respond, but your right, it won't be resolved here.

The guy is a deep stack tourney monster, and as usual just because of a few of edited hands people see on TV suddenly he is the tightest player ever? ridiculous, specious reasoning.

He makes me sick hes so tight, i think he was just taking up a seat on hsp, barely playing any hands...
You play 3/6NL 6max on Stars?Mark
He makes me sick hes so tight, i think he was just taking up a seat on hsp, barely playing any hands...
We arent really seeing the hands he is folding. In one day any solid player can looks like a complete nit or a maniac. to be honest if you just looked at this year of HSP people would say DN is a nit and thats just not the case. Sure hes probably tighter than the average player at those limits but its hard ot tell that from the 70 hands or so we have seen him dealt on hsp this year.
We arent really seeing the hands he is folding. In one day any solid player can looks like a complete nit or a maniac. to be honest if you just looked at this year of HSP people would say DN is a nit and thats just not the case. Sure hes probably tighter than the average player at those limits but its hard ot tell that from the 70 hands or so we have seen him dealt on hsp this year.
Read Paul's blog at Bluff Magazine and you may change your opinion on how "tight" of a player he is. He's got moves that definitely go way beyond first level thinking...

Wasicka is sick, I played like 10 hours with him he didn't really make mistakes (Other than the hand he doubled me up on, I think he should have check/called the flop), he made a disgusting call with Q9 vs another big stack on a AAQ58 type board, and he pretty much knew exactly what he should be doing at certain spots in the tourney.

Wasicka is sick, I played like 10 hours with him he didn't really make mistakes (Other than the hand he doubled me up on, I think he should have check/called the flop), he made a disgusting call with Q9 vs another big stack on a AAQ58 type board, and he pretty much knew exactly what he should be doing at certain spots in the tourney.
Brag post...We all know you cashed for 70k JC, no need to keep reminding uslol, j/k
So, the only mistake he made was against you. What a showoff. :)Congrats on your cash.

I bet Wasicka is extremely glad people think he's the tightest player ever. FWIW, according to Fox a pro practicing good bankroll management would have $90k to play 10/20 NLHE. Besides, even if he was sitting 3/6 it wouldn't mean he's broke and/or a fish: he, like any good player, sits where there's money to be made not egos to be massaged.I think he's pretty gooot, though I wasn't impressed with his ME FT performance (and not just because of the OESFD fold).

This is pretty much a pointless topic, but I'm just curious. I've only heard Paul Wasicka's name 3 times ever and it was for the 2nd place finish at the WSOP main event '06, the season 3 HSP and now at the '07 LA Poker Classic final table. He seems to play very very tight and winning rediculous amounts of money. I would have to assume that playing that tight, you have to get lucky sometimes to avoid people drawing out on you. So, do you think he is that good or do you think he is just having a very good run of cards over the last year?Has anyone in this forum ever played against him?
I guess you found your answer...Paul Wasicka is very very goot.
I guess you found your answer...Paul Wasicka is very very goot.
Might he be this years ME final table Joe Hachem? Not sure yet, but he's had the best showings so far...Michael Binger's done ok also...cashing alot, just not going real deep yet.

During the WSOP ME, DN and Wasicka played at the same table together and I think DN blogged about it afterwards saying how if Wasicka didn't get sucked out on, he'd make the FT.Yes, Wasicka is really good. 4th in LA and 1st at Ceasers. He won't be hit by a bus anytime soon.

lol, i hope theres alot of sw missing. To play 10/20 NL, a minimum of 25k is needed I would say. The skill is alot higher too at that level so an even bigger roll is needed.
Seriously guys, and whose the dumb **** that said no pros play 10-20 nl. 40k bank roll for 10-20 is ideal... none of this 1000$ bullshit

Uhh...have you guys been watching a different HSP than me? Yeah...he played tight/nitty poker early on, but he opened up substantially and made some nice moves after he'd established that image.

Uhh...have you guys been watching a different HSP than me? Yeah...he played tight/nitty poker early on, but he opened up substantially and made some nice moves after he'd established that image.
agreed

I think Paul Wasicka is a good player. However, I don't think you can put that much stock into this head up tourney. Shannon Elizebeth into the final four? Don Cheadle over Phil Ivey? Yeah I know some good players have won it over the past few years, but what do you expect, you put that many pros in a room and you have like a 60/64 chance a good player is gonna win.