... someone tell me about these "bonuses".

Okay I've read all over this forum about Bonuses and such, and I'm starting my online experience (And my Quest for 1000000000$:wink:) in about a couple weeks, what are these bonuses?- What is the catch?- What ARE they doing this for?- What is REQUIRED of YOU?- How does it really work?- If I AM interested... what's the best one?Much appriciation.

Okay I've read all over this forum about Bonuses and such, and I'm starting my online experience (And my Quest for 1000000000$:wink:) in about a couple weeks, what are these bonuses?- What is the catch?- What ARE they doing this for?- What is REQUIRED of YOU?- How does it really work?- If I AM interested... what's the best one?Much appriciation.
the catch/what they are doing this for is for you to play enough at their site to clear the bonus...gives them the rake of the tables you play at. all that's required of you is playing enough hands/being dealt into enough hands that are raked (varies from site to site) to clear it. I'd suggest FullTilt because their bonus isn't nearly as impossible as people claim it is to clear (depends on what levels/games you'll be playing though...) plus they're having some neat WSOP satellite promotions.
What is the catch?- What ARE they doing this for?- What is REQUIRED of YOU?- How does it really work?- If I AM interested... what's the best one?
1) To attract new players. There's a ton of competition out there for players.2) A certain number of raked hands.3) Just like they say. You deposit, you play, and they release the bonus.4) Full Tilt. 100% up to $600.

If you're definitely going to be playing long term, might want to sign up through an affiliate so you can get Rake back. Usually the initial bonus for these is smaller, but you can get a percentage back of the rake from the hands that you win. Go to Recpoker, say you want to start playing online somewhere and I guarantee you that about 50 affiliates will reply within an hour.

The best thing I can tell you about bonuses is don't lock yourself into ONE site. Look around. There's some websites out htere (I'm not mentioning them on this forum) that'll break down all the available bonuses for you.I can tell you PStars does NOT have one. I can tell you you should consider, in this order, Party Affiliates, Paradise, Pacific, and a couple Cryptic sites.I can also tell you that if you're just starting a bank roll, bonus whoring is a GREAT way to go. You'll build a BR while playing no problem. In three days I basically scraped together 500 bucks out of 100. More if I could handle Pacific.Good luck.

how does one, Bonuswhore? LOLEDIT: So I just download EVERY peice of software out there, and rank it out JUST to the limit and leek out the cash?

I'm not going to point you where to go, but i'm sure if you googled the word you discovered you might find your own way :)But I recommend it. Get neteller, too. It helps with the transactions. After you finish a site and clear the bonus, money goes back to Neteller, next day, make your deposit somewhere else and whore some more. I picked up what? 300 at Pacific, another 100 at Paradise, 100 at Party, 100 at Empire. Now there's even more to be gained at the Cryptologic sites (Interpoker, ect) but I didn't tap into them because I'm doing something else now.I hear good things about royal vegas and full tilt. And there's another one.. arg, Absolute? I think it was. Theyv'e got an insane bonus deal. If you're going to be working awhile on a bonus, I hear they're VERY good. I liked ot clear and run though. Absolute's takes awhile. UB Has a long one, too, that I hear is worth it.Seriously, do a google search on the word and you'll find a wealth of information.Good luck bro

I hear good things about royal vegas and full tilt. And there's another one.. arg, Absolute? I think it was. Theyv'e got an insane bonus deal. If you're going to be working awhile on a bonus, I hear they're VERY good. I liked ot clear and run though. Absolute's takes awhile. UB Has a long one, too, that I hear is worth it.  
I have an account at Absolute but have never deposited there. It seems, though, that every ten minutes they send out an email advertising a reload bonus. Sometimes they'll do 20% bonuses per day for three days in a row. I think I read that per year, their max bonuses are worth something like $9,000 if you clear them all. Definitely worth checking out.

PM me if you want free money at pacific. Site sucks, but you may get it all for nothing. I was able to cashout without playing the hands, lol. Wonder if they ever catch ppl?As for other sites.Don't bother with Full Tilt... bonus takes forever and it's the tightest site on the net.Stars has no bonusParty's are easy as heck to get. (Codes on my blog)PokerMountain is easy, but competion is tough. Not always a ton of play, but normally a game or two going.I heard Paradise is soft, and not too tough, but haven't tried.That's about all I know about.

Don't bother with Full Tilt... bonus takes forever and it's the tightest site on the net.
Really? Seems loose to me...I'm curious about PokerMountain though. I've heard bad things about the software. If I deposit $200-300, will I reach the bonus fairly easily? Is the 100% bonus still running?
Don't bother with Full Tilt... bonus takes forever and it's the tightest site on the net.
Really? Seems loose to me...I'm curious about PokerMountain though. I've heard bad things about the software. If I deposit $200-300, will I reach the bonus fairly easily? Is the 100% bonus still running?
Oh no... FTP is sooo tight. Check site reviews for confirmation even... or ask other ppl here. Tourney structure is great, but ring games are real tough.On PM though... I'm pretty sure it's still going. The software has a few issues, but it's mainly just with the MTT's at the moment. Ring games seem to be just fine. I think the max bonus is 500, so if you have it, might as well put it in there... then you could probably take out what you don't want to risk.It's fairly easy to clear though... 100 raked hands (.50 min rake) per $10 released. Very similar to party I would say... although the play is tighter, so you might need to play a lil higher limits to make sure you get the rakes. 1/2 might do it.
Paradise is soft, and there is a 50% bonus up to $100.  Also, about pacific, is it true you can only play on one table?  I dont know what i would do if i couldn't 3 table or 4 table..
Yeah it's true.. but my god.. the players are the absolute worst. Software definitely needs to be redone.. but can't pass up the free money. They give you the bonuses up front, so there's no risk.