question for daniel about the site

I know the bandwidth bill can't be small for running the site, I was wondering if there is anyway we can contribute to the cost of running it.I'd be more than willing, as I bet a few others would in contributing to help the costs of giving us a place to vent, talk and whatnot.Thank you for having the site here for us little folks, and send a PM if theres anything needed to help out around here :club:

I know the bandwidth bill can't be small for running the site, I was wondering if there is anyway we can contribute to the cost of running it.I'd be more than willing, as I bet a few others would in contributing to help the costs of giving us a place to vent, talk and whatnot.Thank you for having the site here for us little folks, and send a PM if theres anything needed to help out around here :club:
No offense but Daniel's a millionaire who plays in games where the small blinds are 2 or 4 grand. I think he can afford it a lot more than most people on this site.

I'm sure the site does okay with the ads it runs and especially for pokermountain. And Daneil's bankroll is not too shabby. :club: I think the best way to contribute is to read and post and participate in FCP in whatever way works best for you.

I know this, and thought about it, and realize that its trivial, but I've never been one to not offer compsation for something I benefit from.I also know for us Daniel's budget/finances are enormous, he didn't get there by throwing cash down the tube either. Running a website isn't cheap, and I just was offering to help out a little, I'm sure my donation wouldn't mean much in the grand scope of things, but I'd rather offer a little bit to help.Mabye its me, just never was the type to benefit from others without at least offering to help in some way.

I know this, and thought about it, and realize that its trivial, but I've never been one to not offer compsation for something I benefit from.I also know for us Daniel's budget/finances are enormous, he didn't get there by throwing cash down the tube either. Running a website isn't cheap, and I just was offering to help out a little, I'm sure my donation wouldn't mean much in the grand scope of things, but I'd rather offer a little bit to help.Mabye its me, just never was the type to benefit from others without at least offering to help in some way.
You are very kind, appreciative and generous and I hope this little boost to your self esteem will be rewarded with a minimal transfer into my Ultimate Bet account. I am monkeyman1968 by the way. :club:

actually, running a website IS pretty cheap. About $50 to register a domain name and $10 a month to host it. Those are on the high side of the price spectrum. I'm sure Daniel paid the web site designer a fair amount, and rightly so; the site has a very professional feel. But Daniel has spent enough on italian leather jackets to maintain this site for a lifetime.

The ads run on this site more than pay for the cost of running it. I see what you are saying about contributing, but all you have to do is show up on the site. For every visitor it gets, the price for ad space goes up. So you're already doing your part.Good post, though. That was not sarcasm.Is it sad that I have to write a disclaimer that I'm not being sarcastic?

actually, running a website IS pretty cheap. About $50 to register a domain name and $10 a month to host it. Those are on the high side of the price spectrum. I'm sure Daniel paid the web site designer a fair amount, and rightly so; the site has a very professional feel. But Daniel has spent enough on italian leather jackets to maintain this site for a lifetime.
dude, Daniel gets his leather jacket free from travelling Italian armani reps who can't afford their rental bills. Don't you nothing? :wink:

Don't get me wrong, this site is great and I respect Daniel and give him thanks for providing this site, but helping to pay for it? I mean, this isn't the only poker site out there. Daniel is a multi-millionaire, I think he can afford to pay for his own fan site. Yes, this is a great forum, but it is after all his fansite. Most of us here like Daniel as a player and that is why we are here, but paying for his site?? Please describe the logic in that? A nice idea, yes, but realistic, no. Would I ever consider helping to pay for it...no. And honestly, Daniel could make a net profit off this site. Maybe we should all chip in and help Bill Gates buy a new computer?

I know the bandwidth bill can't be small for running the site, I was wondering if there is anyway we can contribute to the cost of running it. I'd be more than willing, as I bet a few others would in contributing to help the costs of giving us a place to vent, talk and whatnot. Thank you for having the site here for us little folks, and send a PM if theres anything needed to help out around here.The more I think of it the more ridiclous this post actually is. Not only is he looking to help pay for another persons fan site but he's looking to "help out around here" also.Makes you realise how far a man can go for the slightest bit of recognition.

The hosting for this site is PROBABLY free, donated to Daniel.Even if it wasn't, hosting is really cheap for something decent, I could go into it if you like.

DOES forking over a couple G's for a bunch of fake leather jackets or paying some guys rent who drove him to the airport constitute throwing away cash ?

Guys, get real. This site is not run on some junk shared server. Chances are it's run on a nice managed dedicated server. Those aren't cheap, but they're not outrageously expensive either. Depending on who owns the server I'd guess that he's paying upwards of $1k per year, not $10/month.Good hosting isn't cheap, you get what you pay for, but I'm sure that his referrals from Poker Mountain alone cover it.Also, whoever said domains run $50/yr and $10/mo for hosting was way off. If you're running a decently popular site and know what you're doing you're looking at $30-$200+/mo for hosting and $8/yr for the domain :club::D