• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

played some 15/30 live last night, and my graph looks about like the windsor one. have never played that high before, but thankfully lucked into the biggest pot of the night when my brilliant UTG limp, followed by another player limp/reraising left me in a 6-way capped pot with 77. sure enough, flop a 7, and it somehow holds on a board of 7TKAQ that was 4-way on the river. over $800 pot, more than double the biggest pot i'd ever played.nothing much else happened - made one big mistake where i didn't get involved in position with 77 later against what was almost certainly just overs. otherwise won a couple tiny pots and missed a few big ones. ended up +400 or so, though i think i did more damage than that to my heart when I saw the Q on the river.online, i'm redepositing all my accounts, resigning up everywhere. not much playing while money is in transfer, but i've finally located my testicles and started playing some 3/6-5/10 full and 3/6 short. will probably bonuswhore most of april at low limits, then try to get serious around may and get in a ton of hours at 3/6 short.not sure whether i'm better off playing 4 tables 3/6 short and trying to move up to 5/10 and 10/20, or trying to move towards playing 8 tables of 3/6 short, using a second monitor. heck, just 6 tables of 3/6-5/10 short on AP works out to about $75/hour just breaking even.

So....I thought I was back on the LHE wagon...I'm at the softest 1/2 tables on AP... like literally 4 60/5/.2 types on each table...I lost 60 bets.I'm going back to playing O8 and learning other games.
FYP

The first few weeks of March were pretty stagnant for me. I've finally got a head of steam though and am up 8 buy-ins. Only a few more to go until I finally have a 4 figure bankroll. Woot for me.

ewogjelkbgfjelgfjlefefgIn the last two nights I've played 2 double shootouts to the $650 WSOP satellite.The first one, I lost HU, and the 2nd one I bubbled 3 handed, when 2 seats were being awarded.GrrrrrrrrrrrrrrI profited $56 for each one, but grrrrrrrrrrrr.

****ing forsaken 25/50.I cant pull a win out of my ***.I played roughly a 100 hand session 5 handed, i won 8 pots, and the biggest one was 2.5 big bets.
There's little more frustrating than playing SHLHE and not winning pots. Least you can usually buy some in NL.In decent news, I find that coming home and winning two STTs ($30 & $50) on sites where you need to build BRs is good for the confidence.

Playing on more than 2 Stud tables at the same time is -EV.******I played some 2/4 and 1/2 Stud today. +50 BB at 2*4 , + 12BB at 1*2. I think i found my game for the next couple of weeks.

I had to post this hand somewhere. I figured this would be the best place. Also I know this was a pretty donkish bet and call on the flop but whatever.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.507 playersConverterPre-flop: (7 players) Hero is UTG with Q :D A :)Hero raises to $1.5, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, 4 folds.Flop: 5 :D 5 :club: 3 :D ($3.75, 2 players)Hero bets $2, MP1 calls.Turn: T :) ($7.75, 2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets $3, Hero calls.River: 3 :D ($13.75, 2 players)Hero bets $11.5, MP1 calls.Results:Final pot: $36.75Hero showed Qs AcMP1 mucks Qd Kc

I had to post this hand somewhere. I figured this would be the best place. Also I know this was a pretty donkish bet and call on the flop but whatever.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.507 playersConverterPre-flop: (7 players) Hero is UTG with Q :D A :)Hero raises to $1.5, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, 4 folds.Flop: 5 :D 5 :club: 3 :D ($3.75, 2 players)Hero bets $2, MP1 calls.Turn: T :) ($7.75, 2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets $3, Hero calls.River: 3 :D ($13.75, 2 players)Hero bets $11.5, MP1 calls.Results:Final pot: $36.75Hero showed Qs AcMP1 mucks Qd Kc
I haven't value-bet A-high in NL in quite a while. =)I did intentionally value-bet AJ-high on the river the other day in SHLHE though...and got called by K-high. hehe.

Well, I'm fucked for poker for a bit.My laptop fried the other night, and now I have nowhere to play.I'm on my GF's mom's shitty old desktop right now, and although I could play on here, I don't see this setup resulting in the concentration and comfort levels I need. I really prefer my laptop, laying on the couch.This also happened at the worst fucking time imaginable, as you all know I was going through a downswing and my BR is shot, so I can't even afford a new computer right now.Sooooo... Having said that, if anyone wants to contribute a loan to the "get Zach a laptop fund", tell me. :club:

I haven't updated my goals lately because I've been taking some time away from poker. Jan and into early Feb saw my BR plumet when I decided to go to AP for rake back and bonus. Rake back is nice, but clearing that bonus is not easy at the limits I normally play. So I decided to give Limit a try. Bad decision, I suck at limit. I went back to NL and it didn't get any better.At one point In Jan my BR was at $1100. That was prior to the limit/AP switch. At the lowest my BR was down to about $350. And it was up and down like a yo-yo before I took some time off. I've recovered some since I started back playing over the last couple days, I'm up to about $580 from $425.SnG's are my vice, I have a hard time staying away from them. I'm not a losing player at SnG's, but I'm not a significant winning player with them either (10% ROI, $319 profit, over 577 SnG's). I just really enjoy the tourney format over the cash games. However, cash games is where I've done the best. The frustrating sessions have been tough, but over all, including the horrible down swing I've seen the last couple months, I'm still enjoying the game as a hobbie. But it did take a "time out" to cool off from the bad beats after bad beats the last couple months.So, my goals for the rest of March:1. Keep my temper in control after a bad beat and remind myself that the donk that called with no better than a 4 outer made the wrong decision and I played it correct. This is a hobbie, no temper allowed!2. Concentrate on NL. Mostly $25nl with some $50nl and $100nl thrown in for interest. $100nl is way outside my BR, but it's also been the most successful level I've taken shots at. Not sure why, it may have to do with the fact that I make really good decisions on each play due to the fact that I know I have to play well because it's well outside my BR. I've made some rather questionable plays in $100nl, but for the most part I haven't. I enjoy playing $100nl and this is just a hobbie for me so if I was to go broke no big deal, but it is my hopes to continue playing without having to deposit any funds. Therefore my shots at higher levels will be limited.3. Play some SnG's and Tourneys. I won't put a limit on how many I play.4. If I was to put a dollar amount on where I'd like to be by end of Mar........ $800 - $1000. That's high, but I know I can do it if I play enough and make the right decisions.5. Just play well and have fun.

Well, I'm fucked for poker for a bit.My laptop fried the other night, and now I have nowhere to play.I'm on my GF's mom's shitty old desktop right now, and although I could play on here, I don't see this setup resulting in the concentration and comfort levels I need. I really prefer my laptop, laying on the couch.This also happened at the worst fucking time imaginable, as you all know I was going through a downswing and my BR is shot, so I can't even afford a new computer right now.Sooooo... Having said that, if anyone wants to contribute a loan to the "get Zach a laptop fund", tell me. :club:
What burnt out?Last year my hard drive fried, it was an easy and cheap fix.

yeah zach, with lappy's it's either a really easy fix or you're buying another one. hope it's the former!in the last 21 days of february (i started on AP on 2/9) my MGR was $1997. 20 days into march, my MGR is $97. school sucks a big fat donkey ****.

It was the motherboard.The computer guy said it was better to just buy a new one, lol.Soooo... since I'm broke, I got my GF to get credit at Future Shop (since I can't due to not having a "job"), and I just got a new one. :DBusiness expense...lolWeeeeee.

crap crap crap. played 1500 hands of SH and felt like i was running decently well, but was only breaking even. lost 45 bets in 600 hands today, and don't feel like i was running real bad or anything. i'm pretty sure i am not currently playing winning shorthanded, and it sucks. this despite the fact that i'm actually feeling good about my blind play. just seems like i cannot win a hand where i raise preflop, and despite getting played back at constantly, can never get my big hands paid off.blarg.

I am going through the same thing except playing SHNL every time I make a move I get three bet or pushed allin, when I have KK everyone folds to me in the BB. GAHDown three stacks in the last 1000 hands.Make that 6 stacks, I am taking a break.

I considered putting this in NL strat or brag, but it's really just an amusing series of hands...I was playing 3/6 NL 6-max with (~$600 stacks) on Bodog and noticed that the player two my left was playing pretty LAG and had gathered a stack of about $1k. Anyway, I pick up a Q6o in the Hijack and raise it to $20. It's a little loose, but my image was solid, so I figured I'd get away with it. Well, button decides to flat call. Flop comes TT2r. I bet $26, he calls. Turn 3. I figure he's probably got a small pair or might be floating me. I check, he bets $50, I re-raise to $140, he re-re-raises to $250. Now, something stinks about this, but I have a hard time shoving here with Q-high. I fold. He shows 87s for no pair, no draw. I was actually more frustrated with myself in that I didn't follow my read.So...fast forward a bit and he raises from MP. He picks up a call from the SB and I call from the BB w/ 64s. Flop comes Q33 w/ one club. We check to him, he bets, SB folds, and I call. Turn 5. I check, he bets $120, and I somewhat recklessly shove on him. He folds and types "lol...j-high". I ask him if he thinks I folded a pair on the other hand. I think he feels that I'm getting confrontational and says that he just "knew" what I was doing before when he showed. I reply back that I just wanted him to know that I know. So that sets this up...Cobalt $731Button $1270Cobalt is MP w/ 7 :D 7 :club:.Pre-flop:UTG raises to $15, Cobalt calls, CO calls, Button raises to $60, 3 folds, Cobalt calls, 1 foldFlop ($159): A :D 7 :D 9 :) (2 players)Cobalt bets $90, Button callsTurn ($339): T :D (2 players)Cobalt checks, Button bets $120, Cobalt goes all-in for $581, Button calls $461Button shows 92o and is drawing dead.Cobalt wins $1500 pot. :icon_biggrin:The lesson here is...never try to sneak a sneaker sneak.

PokerStars Game #9020454978: Hold'em No Limit ($5/$10) - 2007/03/21 - 19:01:32 (ET)Table 'Stobbe II' 6-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: Bri-c ($2037 in chips) Seat 2: kingsofcards ($1385 in chips) Seat 3: Jeetorious ($970 in chips) Seat 4: RIDDICK_III ($1248 in chips) Seat 5: filthy71 ($1000 in chips) Seat 6: VoodooWizard ($1322 in chips) RIDDICK_III: posts small blind $5filthy71: posts big blind $10*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to kingsofcards [Ks Kh]VoodooWizard: folds Bri-c: raises $30 to $40kingsofcards: raises $115 to $155Jeetorious: folds RIDDICK_III: folds filthy71: folds Bri-c: raises $1882 to $2037 and is all-inkingsofcards: calls $1230 and is all-in*** FLOP *** [8s Tc 4c]*** TURN *** [8s Tc 4c] [7c]*** RIVER *** [8s Tc 4c 7c] [2h]*** SHOW DOWN ***Bri-c: shows [Kc Ac] (a flush, Ace high)kingsofcards: mucks hand Bri-c collected $2782 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $2785 | Rake $3 Board [8s Tc 4c 7c 2h]Seat 1: Bri-c showed [Kc Ac] and won ($2782) with a flush, Ace highSeat 2: kingsofcards mucked [Ks Kh]Seat 3: Jeetorious (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: RIDDICK_III (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: filthy71 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 6: VoodooWizard folded before Flop (didn't bet)PokerStars Game #9020669035: Hold'em No Limit ($5/$10) - 2007/03/21 - 19:15:41 (ET)Table 'Prudentia' 6-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: Unsyatisfied ($1231.75 in chips) Seat 2: TheCleaner11 ($1918.20 in chips) Seat 3: Bri-c ($1015 in chips) Seat 4: babaniotis ($663 in chips) Seat 5: kingsofcards ($1982 in chips) Seat 6: Jeetorious ($1088 in chips) kingsofcards: posts small blind $5Jeetorious: posts big blind $10*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to kingsofcards [As Qh]Unsyatisfied: folds TheCleaner11: raises $30 to $40Bri-c: calls $40babaniotis: folds kingsofcards: raises $100 to $140Jeetorious: folds TheCleaner11: folds Bri-c: calls $100*** FLOP *** [4c 5s Qc]kingsofcards: bets $220Bri-c: raises $380 to $600kingsofcards: raises $380 to $980Bri-c: calls $275 and is all-in*** TURN *** [4c 5s Qc] [8c]*** RIVER *** [4c 5s Qc 8c] [Qs]*** SHOW DOWN ***kingsofcards: shows [As Qh] (three of a kind, Queens)Bri-c: shows [6d 7h] (a straight, Four to Eight)Bri-c collected $2077 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $2080 | Rake $3 Board [4c 5s Qc 8c Qs]Seat 1: Unsyatisfied folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: TheCleaner11 folded before FlopSeat 3: Bri-c showed [6d 7h] and won ($2077) with a straight, Four to EightSeat 4: babaniotis (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: kingsofcards (small blind) showed [As Qh] and lost with three of a kind, QueensSeat 6: Jeetorious (big blind) folded before FlopPokerStars Game #9020995595: Hold'em No Limit ($5/$10) - 2007/03/21 - 19:36:39 (ET)Table 'Stobbe II' 6-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: Bri-c ($4181 in chips) Seat 2: kingsofcards ($1713.30 in chips) Seat 3: Jeetorious ($2644.60 in chips) Seat 4: RIDDICK_III ($1000 in chips) Seat 5: mig.com ($1000 in chips) Seat 6: Unsyatisfied ($985 in chips) Bri-c: posts small blind $5kingsofcards: posts big blind $10*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to kingsofcards [Kd Ks]Jeetorious: folds RIDDICK_III: raises $30 to $40mig.com: raises $100 to $140Unsyatisfied: folds Bri-c: folds kingsofcards: raises $305 to $445RIDDICK_III: folds mig.com: raises $555 to $1000 and is all-inkingsofcards: calls $555RIDDICK_III leaves the table*** FLOP *** [2c Jc 8c]*** TURN *** [2c Jc 8c] [9h]*** RIVER *** [2c Jc 8c 9h] [Ad]*** SHOW DOWN ***kingsofcards: shows [Kd Ks] (a pair of Kings)mig.com: shows [Ah Kc] (a pair of Aces)captZEEbo joins the table at seat #4 mig.com collected $2042 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $2045 | Rake $3 Board [2c Jc 8c 9h Ad]Seat 1: Bri-c (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: kingsofcards (big blind) showed [Kd Ks] and lost with a pair of KingsSeat 3: Jeetorious folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: RIDDICK_III folded before FlopSeat 5: mig.com showed [Ah Kc] and won ($2042) with a pair of AcesSeat 6: Unsyatisfied (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)PokerStars Game #9020374708: Hold'em No Limit ($5/$10) - 2007/03/21 - 18:55:59 (ET)Table 'Stobbe II' 6-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: Bri-c ($1015 in chips) Seat 2: kingsofcards ($1636.20 in chips) Seat 3: Jeetorious ($1000 in chips) Seat 4: RIDDICK_III ($1243 in chips) Seat 5: filthy71 ($1020 in chips) Seat 6: VoodooWizard ($1537 in chips) kingsofcards: posts small blind $5Jeetorious: posts big blind $10*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to kingsofcards [Ks Kd]RIDDICK_III: folds filthy71: folds VoodooWizard: folds Bri-c: raises $30 to $40kingsofcards: raises $110 to $150Jeetorious: folds Bri-c: raises $275 to $425kingsofcards: raises $1211.20 to $1636.20 and is all-inBri-c: calls $590 and is all-in*** FLOP *** [Ah 7d 5h]*** TURN *** [Ah 7d 5h] [4c]*** RIVER *** [Ah 7d 5h 4c] [9s]*** SHOW DOWN ***kingsofcards: shows [Ks Kd] (a pair of Kings)Bri-c: shows [Qh Ad] (a pair of Aces)Bri-c collected $2037 from potkingsofcards said, "wp"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $2040 | Rake $3 Board [Ah 7d 5h 4c 9s]Seat 1: Bri-c (button) showed [Qh Ad] and won ($2037) with a pair of AcesSeat 2: kingsofcards (small blind) showed [Ks Kd] and lost with a pair of KingsSeat 3: Jeetorious (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 4: RIDDICK_III folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: filthy71 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: VoodooWizard folded before Flop (didn't bet)PokerStars Game #9020407034: Hold'em No Limit ($5/$10) - 2007/03/21 - 18:58:13 (ET)Table 'Prudentia' 6-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: KKsnOpp12 ($2396 in chips) Seat 2: TheCleaner11 ($2168.95 in chips) Seat 3: dcraig1 ($689 in chips) Seat 4: babaniotis ($813.75 in chips) Seat 5: kingsofcards ($1270 in chips) TheCleaner11: posts small blind $5dcraig1: posts big blind $10*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to kingsofcards [Ks Kh]babaniotis: raises $30 to $40kingsofcards: raises $90 to $130KKsnOpp12: folds TheCleaner11: folds dcraig1: folds babaniotis: calls $90*** FLOP *** [2s 7h 5s]babaniotis: checks Jeetorious is connected kingsofcards: bets $200Jeetorious has returnedbabaniotis: raises $483.75 to $683.75 and is all-inkingsofcards: calls $483.75*** TURN *** [2s 7h 5s] [Qh]*** RIVER *** [2s 7h 5s Qh] [6d]*** SHOW DOWN ***babaniotis: shows [8s 9s] (a straight, Five to Nine)kingsofcards: mucks hand babaniotis collected $1640.50 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $1642.50 | Rake $2 Board [2s 7h 5s Qh 6d]Seat 1: KKsnOpp12 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: TheCleaner11 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: dcraig1 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 4: babaniotis showed [8s 9s] and won ($1640.50) with a straight, Five to NineSeat 5: kingsofcards mucked [Ks Kh]My combined equity was probly around 6k. I won 0