Running Bad In The Market

The last 18 months have been great in the market, but I would assume we aren't close to the bottom yet.Greenspan says we are headed for recession, which means we are.Anyone else take swift kick in the pants from the market today? I lost about 4%.

The last 18 months have been great in the market, but I would assume we aren't close to the bottom yet.Greenspan says we are headed for recession, which means we are.Anyone else take swift kick in the pants from the market today? I lost about 4%.
Well, if you've ran goot for the last 18 months, losing 4 percent is not bad.I currently have not invested in stocks for about half a year. The money is going into the mortgage now. I played in the market for a bit previous to that. I've had some crazy swings due to poor bankroll management. I made a huge score one day with everything on the line and then proceeded to lose about 1/3 of it back very quickly in other equities. I cut my losses and have played it very safe since then.

i think the general feeling on wall street seems to be that their is a small probability that we'll hit recession in 2007, but more than likely 2007 will still be a year of growth, although the growth rate will start to decline and sometime in 2008 we'll hit an actual recession as the recession forces continue to build. greenspan uttered the word recession and 2007 in the same sentence so people took it to mean the worst, but if you look at the quote as a whole he didnt actually predict a recession in 2007. but ya, it seems we are headed to recession. but don't fear you can still make money in the market during a recession, and i plan on doing this.

I got hammered. The afternoon gap that dumped 200 points presto was pretty impressive. I've looked at a lot of charts and that was the biggest gap jump I've ever seen.

why did I automatically think of something bad happening at a grocery store when I saw the title...oh yeah... its cus i'm broke, and don't care about the "market"
I thought the bottom might fall out this morning. Right when it opened, it looked that way, then picked up 100 quick points. I'm fairly sure the afternoon will be weak and it will be a - day.

My Econ professor sounded so depressed today when he was talking about the drop that I was convinced he was gonna pull a revolver out from under his sweater and kill that black girl who always sits in the 4th or 5th row and whose head is always shaking and then kill the girl in the same approximate area whose hair tips are purple, coat is purple, bookbag is purple, pens/notebooks/folders/paper is purple, then the fat 40 something old lady who is obviously going through a midlife crisis and thinks going back to school will improve her situation since her husband probably cheated on her with some young twenty something who always asks the dumbest questions trying to act smart when really lady, you're in a microeconomics class with teenagers who are probly still hungover cause it's 10 amand THEN, finally, kill himself to a roaring applause from the other 200 some people in lecture.

My Econ professor sounded so depressed today when he was talking about the drop that I was convinced he was gonna pull a revolver out from under his sweater and kill that black girl who always sits in the 4th or 5th row and whose head is always shaking and then kill the girl in the same approximate area whose hair tips are purple, coat is purple, bookbag is purple, pens/notebooks/folders/paper is purple, then the fat 40 something old lady who is obviously going through a midlife crisis and thinks going back to school will improve her situation since her husband probably cheated on her with some young twenty something who always asks the dumbest questions trying to act smart when really lady, you're in a microeconomics class with teenagers who are probly still hungover cause it's 10 amand THEN, finally, kill himself to a roaring applause from the other 200 some people in lecture.
lol
Golden rant. I think there is a certain quota colleges have to fill, because lately these broads are everywhere.

Sold all ($3500) of my stock 2 weeks ago for my Europe trip. Thought it was interesting in the WSJ today John Meriweather, the guy that blew up long term capital management did well during the decline.