Official Wpt La Poker Classic Day 4 And Day 5 Thread

damm, gg sirif that guy reraises his TT like hes supposed to, JC would have at least had to think about folding his 9's and living to see another hand... oh well guess its too late for could of's... gg
:warning: I'm no poker expert but everything I've read about JC's play, maybe the guy figured JC would try the old squeezeorama with any two and figured Tran was weak and if Tran called, he could get away cheap. I don't know, like I said. Lifetime donk here. Hindsight and all.bueno papi
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chip counts going into the final table as follows: (more at TexasHoldem.com!)Jay Chang: $385,000JC Tran: $4,030,000David Bach: $1,300,000Ben Johnson: $1,900,000Chau Giang: $1,170,000Jacobo Fernandez: $1,865,000Paul Wasicka: $1,350,000Eric Hershler: $850,000Bill Edler: $1,190,000

amazing johnson doesn't repop tran with the 10s... im sure tran is opening a ton of pots, i cannot see myself not repopping there.. sucks for jc cuz he prolly gets off his 9s when he does... oh well, gg bro
QFT. GG man.
:warning: I'm no poker expert but everything I've read about JC's play, maybe the guy figured JC would try the old squeezeorama with any two and figured Tran was weak and if Tran called, he could get away cheap. I don't know, like I said. Lifetime donk here. Hindsight and all.bueno papi
where you reading Rizen's article on P5's recently? The one called like "moving past Harrington" or something of that nature.... talks about this exact same play.just kinda weird, thats the first time I heard about it ever today... and here it is again.I guess its possible he planned it. If thats the case, then this guy who pulled the squeeze +1 (i guess we could call it) might actually be a real threat in this mtt. thats a sick play...but still... f*** him, do it to some other clown :club:
Chip counts going into the final table as follows: (more at TexasHoldem.com!)Jay Chang: $385,000JC Tran: $4,030,000David Bach: $1,300,000Ben Johnson: $1,900,000Chau Giang: $1,170,000Jacobo Fernandez: $1,865,000Paul Wasicka: $1,350,000Eric Hershler: $850,000Bill Edler: $1,190,000
Hey Cardcore. Thanks for the updates and thanks for following the FCPers in the tourney. I hope you can continue it in future tourneys. :club:
Hey Cardcore. Thanks for the updates and thanks for following the FCPers in the tourney. I hope you can continue it in future tourneys. :club:
For sure I thank Cardcore. Awesome jobMan, it's easy to say that was a tough beat and I know the KQ was, but I actually think that JC should have recovered from that. I'm not an apologist. That 99 vs TT rarely happens. It was terrible. Let's see if he reinvests this $ in himself and decides it's worth it. Honestly, I know it's hard to believe it, but you have had great teaching and even better support, one hand (KQ) probably was the difference. Alvaros, don't lose confidence...it's only a matter. Put the down payment aside and then go out w the same attitude. Sometimes talent isn't enough.

Thanks cardcore for the updates! Well done sircongrats JC on the cash! When is your book coming out?

Paul Wasicka WILL WIN THE LAPC.Bets anyone?

you might get too much action on this...
Thats fine. I like PW a lot. He def can play and his results so far in this tourney have shown that.

I read that hand that JC busted out on...any discussion on this? Why not just flat call the raise pf? After all, someone in front of JC had called the raise. I understand his style is "play to win" but given how much money at stake I think a stop and go might have been a better play..Or at least take a flop. In the end he was in bad shape anyways if the flop is low, but still, does anything think this was a bad push?I am gonna be honest, I think its a pretty bad push at this point of the tournament.

I read that hand that JC busted out on...any discussion on this? Why not just flat call the raise pf? After all, someone in front of JC had called the raise. I understand his style is "play to win" but given how much money at stake I think a stop and go might have been a better play..Or at least take a flop. In the end he was in bad shape anyways if the flop is low, but still, does anything think this was a bad push?I am gonna be honest, I think its a pretty bad push at this point of the tournament.
JC posted in this thread that he was not afraid to bust in the first 10 minutes. He needed to push every edge in order to win. JC doesn't play to inch up the pay ladder, he plays to win and that's what makes him dangerous. I think it was a good push for two reasons: 1. It was a great spot to squeeze and 2. he did have a real hand in case he was called. Unfortunately, it did not work out for him but he played it fine.Congrats again wey :club: