Official Wpt La Poker Classic Day 4 And Day 5 Thread

I read that hand that JC busted out on...any discussion on this? Why not just flat call the raise pf? After all, someone in front of JC had called the raise. I understand his style is "play to win" but given how much money at stake I think a stop and go might have been a better play..Or at least take a flop. In the end he was in bad shape anyways if the flop is low, but still, does anything think this was a bad push?I am gonna be honest, I think its a pretty bad push at this point of the tournament.
this was not a bad play at all, JC was already short stack so he wouldnt want to putting in 20 or 30 percent of your chips to take a flop three handed with a very vulnerable hand...there is a lot of scary flops that could come where he wouldnt know at all where he is at... for example what if he just calls and the flop comes Ah, Jc, 4s and both players check to him.. then what does he do? plus by pushing all in, there is a good chance that he can get the other two in the pot to fold and pick up the chips that are already out there.... buh, funny white guy on comicview... someone finish this up
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that hand that JC busted out on...any discussion on this? Why not just flat call the raise pf? After all, someone in front of JC had called the raise. I understand his style is "play to win" but given how much money at stake I think a stop and go might have been a better play..Or at least take a flop. In the end he was in bad shape anyways if the flop is low, but still, does anything think this was a bad push?I am gonna be honest, I think its a pretty bad push at this point of the tournament.
Your wrong.JC Tran with a big stack is raising light. If the initial caller had a big hand AA, KK, AK, QQ he would most likely raise JC Tran's initial raise. So the original callers range is more like any PP, suited Aces down to A9, maybe some suited connectors. The best hands he is likely to show up with are AQ, JJ or 10, 10. And even those are faced with a difficult decision facing the big reraise. Good play, bad luck.

Spoiler just in case no one wants to know results.

Wow, JC Tran holds the chip lead for 4 days, and loses on hand 1 of heads-up...so sick.