Official Wpt La Poker Classic Day 4 And Day 5 Thread

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're done for the day and JC is guaranteed at least $58.5ki will be back tomorrow to update
I'm telling you. McDonalds.Why doesn't anyone listen to me?!?

keep it up JC, a couple of sick beats but that's all part of yesterday.Like I said before, I'm damn jealous right now :club:

Any critiques on calling the 340k with KQo?
Bizzle, set this man right.
Alright, well, first of all, KQo is like the second nuts. KQs is like 51:49 over it, but that's about it.Secondly, the SB limp-shove is a move that many people have in their arsenal with a wide range of hands. JC was getting approx 3:2 on the call, so he has to be a little better than 40% to win. With this play and the range that the other player probably had, I'd guess JC thought that KQo was about 55% against the other players range, and he is completely unafraid to get his money in in this spot.
we're done for the day and JC is guaranteed at least $58.5ki will be back tomorrow to update
Great job, JC! You've got a day to put that bad beat behind you then climb back up.
11:57PMJC Alvarado Takes a Horrible Beat, Ben Johnson Doubles UpBen Johnson limps in from the small blind and JC Alvarado raises to $80,000. Ben Johnson moves all-in and JC Alvarado makes the call with the KhQd. A sigh of relief comes from both players when Johnson shows KdQs.The board comes Tc-3d-7d, and Johnson is freerolling to the flush. The turn is the Ad and the river is the 6d, giving Johnson the king high flush, beating Alvarado's queen high flush.Ben Johnson has $900,000 in chips, while JC Alvarado has dropped to around $400,000.
Lee Jones have a live poker doom button?
just one, do you know how to play 6 handed?
Didn't actually realize they were playing 6 handed, but it doesn't really matter if it was a blind vs blind confrontation. The ol' complete/raise play is a pretty uncommon manuever, not sure how he read it. Hard to know the right play if we're not there obviously (it's certainly close IMO). I think a lot of it would depend on how the villain was playing on the bubble, and if he was just trying to sneak in or was bullying other players who were trying to sneak in.Just curious what people think. Because the move almost seems like the villain wants to get called, so I'd probably put him on a big-ish hand.
does anyone think this picture is ridiculously pimp on several different levels???
Pimp doesn't matter when JC only has 282k left. That hand hurt him real real bad. I'd feel bad for him.But I gotta go to sleep so I can go to work tomorrow.
does anyone think this picture is ridiculously pimp on several different levels???4BE1753F-0EA1-45FE-BE31-63E56C931A06.jpg
Definitely a sick picture. I saw that on p5's and was impressed. The Toilet's pic from day 1 wins because he was decidedly pimp.

Good luck JC! Just need to double up once or twice and you'll be fine. Blinds are only 10,000/20,000 with a 3,000 ante so you got some room to play, but not much...GOOD LUCK! (And it doesnt matter what anyone says, you've had a phenomenal run at the LA Poker Classic!) :club:

This pic must've been photoshopped or is a complete hoax because JC does NOT fold 6high.
much funnier than what I was gonna write.Go get em tiger. Do it for our country.