Pokerstars Sent Me A Duplicate Check For My Cashout Request

I requested a cashout request from Pokerstars recently for $200. They sent me two checks for $200 a piece apparently.I'm thinking about cashing them both and not saying anything. But, my higher moral authority says to inform them about it. What do you guys think?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I requested a cashout request from Pokerstars recently for $200. They sent me two checks for $200 a piece apparently.I'm thinking about cashing them both and not saying anything. But, my higher moral authority says to inform them about it. What do you guys think?
I think the answer is pretty obvious from an ethical/moral standpoint. Sucks having to give money back to the man, but....

Anyone saying you should give it back to should return to their monastery.You goody-two-shoes' are making me sick. And it's barely Tuesday morning.

They probably sent it to you on purpose because they felt bad for any bad beats they may have dealt to you over the past year, because everyone knows that it's rigged.sw.

Spend the extra $200 on something you'd never normally spend $200 on. Be it a nice hotel, a new putter, a real fancy dinner, some good blow, a Rusty Trombone from that hooker down the block. Whatever it is, just be sure to thank Lee Jones while doing it

Yeah it's pretty straightfoward from a moral / ethical standpoint.You would inform them, then rip up the check.The only way I'd tell you to keep it is if you were in dire need of some money to help others.You're obviously doing alright because you're on the internet.

I was once sent someone else's 7500 dollar cashout. (PartyPoker or EmpirePoker)I cashed it and spent it. 4 months later Party/Empire confiscated 450 bucks from my account. I called and asked why and they said I owed them another 7000 dollars. I told them to stick it. They told me they were "alerting the collections team." LOLI never heard from them again and the statute of limitations for them to do anything ran out months ago. Score one for the little guy.(in case you are wondering, yes the person who really cashed out 7500 did get their money so no I dont feel bad about this at all.)

You think they might sue you for spending Internet gambling winnings?
i would have cashed that 7500 check too. These companies are out of country and are illegal here so there is no way they can sue you. If they sent me a check for that amount and i knew it wasnt mine id go to town on their dime.