I Think It's Time To Call It A Night After This Hand

Very 1st hand of a $20 SnGPokerStars Game #8647762923: Tournament #44031112, $20+$2 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2007/02/27 - 03:02:09 (ET)Table '44031112 1' 9-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: HawaiiHoldm (1500 in chips) Seat 2: Bull62 (1500 in chips) Seat 3: gnurken (1500 in chips) Seat 4: soonerfitz (1500 in chips) Seat 5: koicarp1 (1500 in chips) Seat 6: jro_damager (1500 in chips) Seat 7: oldZappa (1500 in chips) Seat 8: Young308 (1500 in chips) Seat 9: HATERSSUCK (1500 in chips) Bull62: posts small blind 10gnurken: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Bull62 [6c 6s]soonerfitz: folds koicarp1: folds jro_damager has timed outjro_damager: folds jro_damager is sitting outoldZappa: calls 20Young308: folds HATERSSUCK: raises 40 to 60HawaiiHoldm: folds Bull62: calls 50gnurken: calls 40jro_damager has returnedoldZappa: calls 40*** FLOP *** [Qc 9c 6h]Bull62: checks gnurken: bets 120oldZappa: folds HATERSSUCK: calls 120Bull62: calls 120*** TURN *** [Qc 9c 6h] [9h]Bull62: bets 500gnurken: raises 820 to 1320 and is all-inHATERSSUCK: folds Bull62: calls 820 and is all-in*** RIVER *** [Qc 9c 6h 9h] [9d]*** SHOW DOWN ***Bull62: shows [6c 6s] (a full house, Nines full of Sixes)gnurken: shows [Ad Ac] (a full house, Nines full of Aces)gnurken collected 3240 from potjro_damager said, "lol"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3240 | Rake 0 Board [Qc 9c 6h 9h 9d]Seat 1: HawaiiHoldm (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: Bull62 (small blind) showed [6c 6s] and lost with a full house, Nines full of SixesSeat 3: gnurken (big blind) showed [Ad Ac] and won (3240) with a full house, Nines full of AcesSeat 4: soonerfitz folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: koicarp1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: jro_damager folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: oldZappa folded on the FlopSeat 8: Young308 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: HATERSSUCK folded on the Turn

Not as good as this one:Full Tilt Poker (6 max) - $5/$10 - Limit Hold'em - 2007/02/27Seat 1: ($1,228.50)Seat 2: ($100.50)Seat 3: ($135.50)Seat 4: ($153)Seat 5: ($343)Seat 6: ($176)Seat 6 posts the small blind of $2.50Seat 1 posts the big blind of $5The button is in seat #5*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Seat 2:[As Ac]Seat 2 raises to $10Seat 3 calls $10Seat 4 calls $10Seat 5 foldsSeat 6 calls $7.50Seat 1 folds*** FLOP *** [7s 7d 8h]Seat 6 checksSeat 2 bets $5Seat 3 foldsSeat 4 calls $5Seat 6 calls $5*** TURN *** [7s 7d 8h] [6d]Seat 6 checksSeat 2 bets $10Seat 4 foldsSeat 6 calls $10*** RIVER *** [7s 7d 8h 6d] [6h]Seat 6 bets $10Seat 2 calls $10*** SHOW DOWN ***Seat 6 shows [Ah 6s] (a full house, Sixes full of Sevens)Seat 2 mucksSeat 6 wins the pot ($97) with a full house, Sixes full of Sevens*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $100 | Rake $3Board: [7s 7d 8h 6d 6h]Seat 1: (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 2: mucked [As Ac] - two pair, Aces and SevensSeat 3: folded on the FlopSeat 4: folded on the TurnSeat 5: (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: (small blind) showed [Ah 6s] and won ($97) with a full house, Sixes full of Sevens

His was more ironic. A's can get cracked by anything, but its funny when u get a bad beat with them. Just have to remember A's are a powerfull showdown hand, but when slowplayed they can turn weak fast.

sucks but happens !my buddy first hand $1500.00 wsop event first hand AA raises gets re raised ends up all in preflop and guy gets runner runner str8.poof $1500.00 down the drain!

OMG! I got knocked out of a tourney with set over set the other day. Lemme go make a thread...On a more sympathetic note, allow me to quote the great Chaka Khan: "I feel for you."

All due respect, but when you slow play in a multiway pot with two straight cards and two flush cards, you are asking for it. As GrinderMJ said, leading out at this pot is the best play, hoping to get raised (which you would have), with check-raising being an ok play as well. Check calling is far and away your worst option (well, I suppose folding would be worse) in this situation.That said, you did get your money in good, which, in the end, is all you can ask.

All due respect, but when you slow play in a multiway pot with two straight cards and two flush cards, you are asking for it. As GrinderMJ said, leading out at this pot is the best play, hoping to get raised (which you would have), with check-raising being an ok play as well. Check calling is far and away your worst option (well, I suppose folding would be worse) in this situation.That said, you did get your money in good, which, in the end, is all you can ask.
If you are referring to the AA hand reread the history. He raised and bet on every street...Don't call that slow playing in my book.
Are the mods asleep?!?! What possesses people to think that other people give a sht about their bad beats?
Here's my opinion on bad beat stories... save that shit for your close friends cause nobody else wants to hear about it.Yeah, it sucks... but it's been done and been seen. I've seen KK crack AA by making four of a kind. I've seen AA beat a set of K's by making a flush. On and on and on. I don't know, I'm sure there are funny ones... but there needs to be some chat along with it. A HH is just not that entertaining.
Here's my opinion on bad beat stories... save that shit for your close friends cause nobody else wants to hear about it.Yeah, it sucks... but it's been done and been seen. I've seen KK crack AA by making four of a kind. I've seen AA beat a set of K's by making a flush. On and on and on. I don't know, I'm sure there are funny ones... but there needs to be some chat along with it. A HH is just not that entertaining.
Agreed, the chat would make us more inclined to care about the bad beat.Here's an example ... I was playing 5/10 at the local B&M and was running really badly, I could feel a little tilt coming on but was able to control it. A couple hands went by and then I look down at two beautiful aces. My first thought was "I should just min-raise with these because I want some action." I min-raise and get 3 callers. Woo Hoo, time to make some money. Well the flop was 7s 8c Qd which is a draw heavy board. I thought about betting out to protect my hand but got a little greedy, I was going for the check-raise.Well wouldn't you know it seat 3 bets out half the pot, the other guy folds and what do I do? Well not what I intended to do, I just called :(The turn was an Ah, booyah ... my plan, it has worked yes? Now I know he bet out last time so I was going to let him do it again, and this time I am definately going to raise him up.He bets 2x the pot and I start my oscar winning performance with a little hesitation, a few sighs and then finally the stare down."All In" I declare, all the while thinking "I'm gonna get your mobney, I'm gonna get your mobney" :club: He insta-calls and flips over 7c7d, well I got so excited I knocked my beer over as I jumped up and threw down the bullets. Suck on this biatch!!He just smiles and says to me ... "The river is my friend tonight fella, put your coat on and go home 'cus the 7 is coming."... and just as he predicted the 7 hit the river.well I went apeshit, I started screaming and cursing and pounding my fists.And that was when my wife woke me up and said ... "Get out of bed you lazy bastard, you're late for work" :D

lol, your complaining about a ****ing 20$ buyin 4 outer? try playing 2/5 with 600$ infront of you with KKflop comes KQ2 opponent checks i bet, opponent raises, i reraise all in, he calls (has me covered)turn 2 river Qhe flips QQ

lol, your complaining about a ****ing 20$ buyin 4 outer? try playing 2/5 with 600$ infront of you with KKflop comes KQ2 opponent checks i bet, opponent raises, i reraise all in, he calls (has me covered)turn 2 river Q
so what did he have, 22 or QQ?I don't know why but the 22 would piss me off more :club:
lol, your complaining about a ****ing 20$ buyin 4 outer? try playing 2/5 with 600$ infront of you with KKflop comes KQ2 opponent checks i bet, opponent raises, i reraise all in, he calls (has me covered)turn 2 river Q
Douchebag.jpg

*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to The Rake1069 [Jc Jd]bongpoker foldsside_tracked: no just kiddingallowingit calls 80Fog Face raises to 440, and is all in ( This one had been playing anything)side_tracked foldsThe Rake1069 raises to 1,065, and is all indetantey foldselainelowman foldsallowingit calls 705, and is all in ( this one about the same)The Rake1069 shows [Jc Jd]allowingit shows [6h Jh]Fog Face shows [6c Kc]Uncalled bet of 280 returned to The Rake1069side_tracked: had ace 10*** FLOP *** [9h 4h 5d]*** TURN *** [9h 4h 5d] [7h]*** RIVER *** [9h 4h 5d 7h] [2h]The Rake1069 shows a pair of Jacksallowingit shows a flush, Jack highallowingit wins the side pot (690) with a flush, Jack highFog Face shows King Nine highallowingit wins the main pot (1,440) with a flush, Jack highFog Face stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2,130 Main pot 1,440. Side pot 690. | Rake 0Board: [9h 4h 5d 7h 2h]Seat 1: side_tracked didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: The Rake1069 (button) showed [Jc Jd] and lost with a pair of JacksSeat 3: detantey (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 5: elainelowman (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 6: bongpoker didn't bet (folded)Seat 8: allowingit showed [6h Jh] and won (2,130) with a flush, Jack highSeat 9: Fog Face showed [6c Kc] and lost with King Nine highThis hand has the same outcome no matter how I play it except fold doesn't it ? If I call the ss all in, seat 8 calls sees the flop then pushes after he sees his hearts or try to continue is bluff and push me off the pot after I call before the flop.What's the lesson here ?? Stay away from donks ? lol I've had worse beats than that one. Pocket aces that hit the set on the flop with one spade showing then runner runner spade completes the flush for 49 of spades.I usually play up to the $10 SNG's and found donks in all the games. Anybody does it thin out the higher you go ? It's getting old watching bad play get rewarded. Not just my hands lately I've seen some really sick stuff.

sucks but happens !my buddy first hand $1500.00 wsop event first hand AA raises gets re raised ends up all in preflop and guy gets runner runner str8.poof $1500.00 down the drain!
What the hell did the other guy have? All in preflop on the first hand without A-A? What a donk...

Geez. Didn't mean to start anything. And I never said it was THAT bad of a beat (although I was 90% to win after the turn). All I said was that it was time to go to bed. Strategy wise I think all the chips would have ended up in the middle whether I led out or check raised on the flop. Didn't put him on a draw. Outcome would have been the same.

Says it all regarding OP's post.