Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $1/$26 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $203.25Hero: $181.20CO: $59.40Button: $68.60SB: $200.55BB: $213.70Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A :) A :club: UTG folds, Hero raises to $7, 3 folds, BB calls.Flop: J :D 2 :D Q :) ($15, 2 players)BB bets $12, Hero raises to $30, BB calls.Turn: 8 :D ($75, 2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $35, BB calls.River: 9 :D ($145, 2 players)BB bets $75, Hero???That is a hell of a scare card. Opponent has about $68 left behind him. Options are fold or call. No real info on opponent.

ya, sometimes it just happens that the worst possible card comes, that card makes straights, flushes, 2 pairs all over the place, just save your money for a better spot, if he has the stones to bluff that card let him have it.

if he's come all this way then he's either got a made hand or hit his draw. considering pretty much every draw hit on that last card and he isn't backing down at all i say get out of there

The turn is where you make the mistake. Preflop is good. The raise on the flop is good. Fire out a much larger bet on the turn, close to pot-sized. If you think he's drawing, you can even over-bet the pot.Once that river comes, you can't beat QJ, QT, JT, T9, any set, any spades. Also known as: you beat nothing. Very clear fold on the river. Bet more on the turn.

Turn is criminal and you have paid the price. In fact i am going to be harsh and say that if you want to make that ridiculous bet on the turn then you deserve to lose your stack here with 1 pair. You know he is drawing and yet you make a nothing bet on the turn? Why? It is obvious you know what the right play is yet you still go ahead and play it poorly. Protect your hand. Bet 60 on turn.

If we pay off here, we were offering our opponent 185:35 = 5.3:1 on the turn. The odds against the flush are ~4.2:1, so it's easy to see that playing a flush draw here is profitable for the villain.

My idea was to keep the pot smaller, but betting more om the turn is probably right. As played, I was a half second away from mucking while thinking about all his range. The more I thought about it, I don't think he can bet the T like that here nor can a set, and while the flush obviously makes sense, it is possible he'd value bet the flush a tad bit less (or even check/raise it). On top of that, it "is" a huge scare card. This is a spot that I would make a big play at the pot. After all that thought, I decided to make the call, and he showed KQ.I'm not saying this was the right play. In fact there is a very slim chance I'd post a hand on these forums if I felt great about the hand. What I'm wondering is if this higher level thinking is somewhat justifiable, or I just played like a donk and got lucky.

Sorry but you played like a donk and a good player watching this at the table would be ready to explot you in every possible way when he has you in this spot. You were lucky that villain was a donkey.

He played it horrible. Mark him and follow. And as for making these calls in the future, dont. Whoever was paying attention at that table thinks you can't let go of overpairs so you can bet they'll be betting hard at you when they have a good hand.

Turn's a pretty weak bet. While everyone is on you for allowing a cheap draw to come off, judging by stack sizes, you seemed to bet an amount which you felt did not pot commit you to a call which a pot size bet would have. But as David pointed out, you give great odds to a draw if you think he may have one. For the river, your read is your read is your read. There had to be some reason that you thought u might have had him here (Probably something to do with the lead call on the flop). So good for you for going with it. IMO, (that is coming in late and seeing the results of the hand) You find a monster or a q here as played on the flop and turn. As you said, all the monsters dont' wanna bet anymore on the river. So yeah, you can't beat anything but a bluff on the river, but only big hand that's betting the river will be a draw that's got there. The monster's you were concerned with on the flop and turn are handcuffed at the river. The more I think about this play, the more I like it. I've been away for quite a bit, but it just seems reasonable.

He played it horrible. Mark him and follow. And as for making these calls in the future, dont. Whoever was paying attention at that table thinks you can't let go of overpairs so you can bet they'll be betting hard at you when they have a good hand.
This is a good thing at 6-max table no? Not that it would justify a bad play for more than 50BB's, but it's still good.