What Would You Do In This Situation?

(playing 2-3 NL playing 5 handed at a club) I raised in position to 13 with 56 suited hearts, guy that likes to slow play asks the dealer "is that a live or a bet" thinks about what he is going to do, I know he has a big hand. He ends up just calling. Flop comes out 10 5 8. He checks, I bet 30, he raises to 80. Would you just fold at this point or peel a turn? The flop was a rainbow with 1 heart (8 hearts). Only 50 more to me I have 1400 in chips and he has 450.After a few replies I will reveal what I did and what happened etc.

(playing 2-3 NL playing 5 handed at a club) I raised in position to 13 with 56 suited hearts, guy that likes to slow play asks the dealer "is that a live or a bet" thinks about what he is going to do, I know he has a big hand. He ends up just calling. Flop comes out 10 5 8. He checks, I bet 30, he raises to 80. Would you just fold at this point or peel a turn? The flop was a rainbow with 1 heart (8 hearts). Only 50 more to me I have 1400 in chips and he has 450.After a few replies I will reveal what I did and what happened etc.
I'd have to be absolutely certain he'd stack off with KK or AA if I hit the turn and since the 6 puts a pretty scary board up there for an overpair, I'm not sure if he would. We need to get 9:1 on this call to break even, so stacking him has enough value. Someone who actually understands math can correct me if I'm wrong. On the other hand, if you think he'd fold an overpair if a scary card came, you can include some bluff outs in your decision.I think the real problem you made here was betting more than the pot when you were certain he had a monster. He checked to you. Take the free card and make a hand before you start building a big pot with a guy you're certain has something.

Agree with above poster. Take the free card when he checks to you. I guess here I'd fold or call and hope for a beautiful card on the turn, and if not, fold to his bet or check if he does.

I think the real problem you made here was betting more than the pot when you were certain he had a monster. He checked to you. Take the free card and make a hand before you start building a big pot with a guy you're certain has something.
And you steal my thunder again...If you're "sure he's got a monster" then why are you betting bottom pair?
And you steal my thunder again...If you're "sure he's got a monster" then why are you betting bottom pair?
Well Im either putting him on AK or big pair, so I bet to find out where he is, earlier I was betting light and he would just call and when I would bet more on the flop and say he has AK he would fold, get me? So thats mainly why I bet more than a normal bet of $15
I'd have to be absolutely certain he'd stack off with KK or AA if I hit the turn and since the 6 puts a pretty scary board up there for an overpair, I'm not sure if he would. We need to get 9:1 on this call to break even, so stacking him has enough value. Someone who actually understands math can correct me if I'm wrong. On the other hand, if you think he'd fold an overpair if a scary card came, you can include some bluff outs in your decision.I think the real problem you made here was betting more than the pot when you were certain he had a monster. He checked to you. Take the free card and make a hand before you start building a big pot with a guy you're certain has something.
Thanks for your response Naismith I have thought about what you said and I agree. I shouldn't have made it $30 when I know he has a big hand, I thought maybe if he just had AK that he would just fold here seeing how I raised preflop but I do agree with you on what you said. If anything I should of made it $15.Well here is what happened. I been playing with this guy and this table for 6-7 hours got a pretty good feel for things, so you kinda got to be in my shoes. But anyways, I called his $50 raise. The turn came another 5 giving me three of a kind. At this point I know I got him, thats what you got to be thinking at this point right? So he is first to act and bets out $125. I raise him to $300 he says "you raised??? Im all in." Now I dont even call fast because Im trying to figure out how much more it is and how much I have invested in the pot.I have $380 in the pot matching his $380 and its only $145 more to call. At this point I want to fold my hand and put him on 1010.....judging by this player I really dont think he has AA and over playing it. So mathematically this is a no brain call even if you know your beat right? I mean it would be absolutely stupid to fold or am I wrong (and tell me if you would call and what you would be thinking at this point).
At this point I know I got him, thats what you got to be thinking at this point right? So he is first to act and bets out $125. I raise him to $300 he says "you raised??? Im all in." Now I dont even call fast because Im trying to figure out how much more it is and how much I have invested in the pot.I have $380 in the pot matching his $380 and its only $145 more to call. At this point I want to fold my hand and put him on 1010.....judging by this player I really dont think he has AA and over playing it. So mathematically this is a no brain call even if you know your beat right? I mean it would be absolutely stupid to fold or am I wrong (and tell me if you would call and what you would be thinking at this point).
You have to call here. Blame yourself for losing more than you need to. Also, pray for the case five.I'm not convinced you're behind, though.

You raised preflop when you knew you were behind.You bet on the flop when you believed you were behind.You called the bet on the flop when you knew that you were behind.Now that it looks like you might be ahead and you're getting reasonable pot odds, I can't see folding.

I can't figure out why no one has said the obvious......Fold Preflop.But, then after that, you call a large raise with a pair of 5s. you hit your set and NOW you think about folding?LOL. Insta-call.

You raised preflop when you knew you were behind.You bet on the flop when you believed you were behind.You called the bet on the flop when you knew that you were behind.Now that it looks like you might be ahead and you're getting reasonable pot odds, I can't see folding.
BINGOYou hit the best card in the deck in a pot that you've already bloated with a bad hand, you can't fold here.

Okay fair enough replies. Basically here is the outcome. I had 380 invested and it was around 125 more to call, I took a while because I thought I was actually beat at this point, but based on the amount I had in and that amount I was up I called and he showed JJ and the river was a blank and I took it down.Reading the responses I do agree I should of either checked on the flop or bet less. But like I said earlier, few pots with this guy before if he had AK I could make him lay it down with a 30 bet on the flop. The hand came out good and I won, but I just want to improve any mistakes, really appreciate the feedback from you guys.