James Cameron Finds Jesus

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31688http://time-blog.com/middle_east/2007/02/j..._the_crypt.html"But film-makers Cameron and Jacobovici claim to have amassed evidence through DNA tests, archeological evidence and Biblical studies, that the 10 coffins belong to Jesus and his family."Stunt? Joke? Director of Alien actually finds the body of Christ, the one and only son of God? You be the judge.
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow..beat me to it. All I can say is, if it's true, and the evidence is presented...this will shape up to be the biggest thing to shake up Christianity since the Schzism in the 1800's.

I wish I had the power to just say **** and people would listen. Atheists worldwide will glom onto this like it is a new gospel, becoming the very same sheep they detest so much.
i'm not "glomming". sounds like a stunt.
i'm not "glomming". sounds like a stunt.
Yeah, but you're smart,which isn't the case with most "atheists" I meet. Most of the time it's"I took a class one time, and my teacher said.." or "My dad was an atheist, so I am too." You have actual solid reasons, and a sound analytical mind to back up your thoughts.

What I don't understand is how someone can prove that a body is Jesus through DNA evidence. I mean, wouldn't that require having Jesus' DNA to begin with.It's an obvious hoax/scam/ploy/something. I'm just curious to see where he goes with it.

What I don't understand is how someone can prove that a body is Jesus through DNA evidence. I mean, wouldn't that require having Jesus' DNA to begin with.It's an obvious hoax/scam/ploy/something. I'm just curious to see where he goes with it.
I have a feeling the DNA evidence is to show the relatedness of the persons in the coffins, as part of the claim is a child was found of Jesus and Mary. As a Christian, I don't have a problem with any of it if he could prove it.
As a Christian, I don't have a problem with any of it if he could prove it.
If there was proof that Jesus was never resurrected and in fact had children that wouldn't change things? Obviously this has to be a stunt, because if it was true it would basically spell the end of Christianity, at least in its current form, and I think somebody other than James Cameron would have stumbled across it first.

Reminds me of about what 5 years ago when they supposedly found something that said "brother of Jesus" that turned out to be a hoax.Humorous part is that they have DNA evidence...be interested to see who they compared Jesus's DNA to

Holy CRAP! You guys are a bunch of NOOBS!! THis has EXTREME importance! THis is how Jesus is coming back!! They are going to use his DNA, and clone him!!! You btches better start repenting soon, 'cause the end is nigh.

Holy CRAP! You guys are a bunch of NOOBS!! THis has EXTREME importance! THis is how Jesus is coming back!! They are going to use his DNA, and clone him!!! You btches better start repenting soon, 'cause the end is nigh.
make 'em go all Kayless on our asses?I can't decide if that reference is too vague or too nerdy. I think I'm going to stick with too nerdy.
Kudos, your nerdom eclipses mine like Rosie O'Donnell eclipses the sun when she's ready to feed on small children during recess.
either that, or I'm quick with the wikipedia trigger. But, to my nerdom credit, I remembered the clone resurrection story as soon as the page came up.
If there was proof that Jesus was never resurrected and in fact had children that wouldn't change things? Obviously this has to be a stunt, because if it was true it would basically spell the end of Christianity, at least in its current form, and I think somebody other than James Cameron would have stumbled across it first.
He is the King of the World though.
True
Where's he's going with this is:He's going to the Academy Awards to get an Oscar for best documentary.
Since when have facts and scientific truth ever stopped faith in the past? Even if they did, undoubtedly, scientifically prove that jesus died, and his dead body is buried somewhere, it wouldn't change a damn thing. Xians would just deny science yet again, sticking their heads further in the sand.
Since when have facts and scientific truth ever stopped faith in the past? Even if they did, undoubtedly, scientifically prove that jesus died, and his dead body is buried somewhere, it wouldn't change a damn thing. Xians would just deny science yet again, sticking their heads further in the sand.
If this is ur actual beliefs then you are just as nuts as some christians...I love the double standard that goes on...CNN ran another article on it today with those who were first involved in the site who all seem to disagree with everything cameron is tryin to say: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/02/26...l.ap/index.html
If this is ur actual beliefs then you are just as nuts as some christians...I love the double standard that goes on...CNN ran another article on it today with those who were first involved in the site who all seem to disagree with everything cameron is tryin to say: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/02/26...l.ap/index.html
I don't know what you mean, exactly. What beliefs? My belief that Xianity would blatantly ignore any evidence that Jesus was an ordinary man? Do you think that I think the Cameron actually has proven anything? because I don't. And I don't care. As far as I'm concerned, Jesus (if he existed at all, and I'd bet that he did) that he's 100 percent human, and died 2000 years ago. The burden of proof that he was divine rests on xians.
I don't know what you mean, exactly. What beliefs? My belief that Xianity would blatantly ignore any evidence that Jesus was an ordinary man? Do you think that I think the Cameron actually has proven anything? because I don't. And I don't care. As far as I'm concerned, Jesus (if he existed at all, and I'd bet that he did) that he's 100 percent human, and died 2000 years ago. The burden of proof that he was divine rests on xians.
actually burden of proof is on nonchristians which is why people get so excited at the thought of disproving christianity... As for ur belief....if someone some how found a tomb or found absolute proof that Jesus was not God...christianity as a whole would fall apart and the fact that you dont is pretty silly...heck since i just got back from jury duty today...id just accept beyond a reasonable doubt...that hasnt even been shown yet
actually burden of proof is on nonchristians which is why people get so excited at the thought of disproving christianity... As for ur belief....if someone some how found a tomb or found absolute proof that Jesus was not God...christianity as a whole would fall apart and the fact that you dont is pretty silly...heck since i just got back from jury duty today...id just accept beyond a reasonable doubt...that hasnt even been shown yet
Well, I can see that you're very stupid, so I'm not sure why I'm waisting my time with this. But I'll shoot through it once, just for kicks.No, the burden of proof does not rest on non christians to "disprove" xianity.There is absolutely no valid reason for Xianity to be the default position, as opposed to say, Buddhism, Rasta, Zorastianim, or islam. The only reason you see it as the default position is because you believe in it. If any xian, or buddhist, or muslim wants me to believe in their brand of religion, then they are going to have to prove it to me. I don't give a damn if you are an atheist or not.. I have no desire to "prove" that xianity is a big pile of bullsht. It seems to me that this should be pretty self evident.And again, Different religions deny scientific evidence all the time. People believe the earth is 6000 years old, for fuks sake. You think someone who believes that would give a damn what a scientist said about finding the body of jesus? Faith is faith, it is not a rational thing, it is not something that is effected by logic or reason or science.
Well, He might have been married and had children, the facts about that are not addressed, we just don't have the information. When the whole DaVinci Code deal was going on the Church already issued a statement that we just don't know - it is hardly relevant. As far as bodily resurrection goes, what difference would it make? Your body isn't going to be resurrrected, even though you are not going to disappear when you have separated from that body. Neither did Jesus. What Jesus demonstrated was the reality of eternal life. I've never much cared about the issue, frankly. Jesus after His return to the Other Side could have appeared just as described, done all attributed, and still can. I suppose His flesh may have converted to energy at some point, but why would I care? It can't be "proven" for a whole host of reasons, but if it were, it certainly wouldn't "spell the end of Christianity." I hope the debate goes on for a while, though, might make more people delve deeper into their faith.
Well, I can see that you're very stupid, so I'm not sure why I'm waisting my time with this. But I'll shoot through it once, just for kicks.No, the burden of proof does not rest on non christians to "disprove" xianity.There is absolutely no valid reason for Xianity to be the default position, as opposed to say, Buddhism, Rasta, Zorastianim, or islam. The only reason you see it as the default position is because you believe in it. If any xian, or buddhist, or muslim wants me to believe in their brand of religion, then they are going to have to prove it to me. I don't give a damn if you are an atheist or not.. I have no desire to "prove" that xianity is a big pile of bullsht. It seems to me that this should be pretty self evident.And again, Different religions deny scientific evidence all the time. People believe the earth is 6000 years old, for fuks sake. You think someone who believes that would give a damn what a scientist said about finding the body of jesus? Faith is faith, it is not a rational thing, it is not something that is effected by logic or reason or science.
then it should be very easy for u to disprove christianity beyond a shadow of doubt...since im just a humble idiot please enlighten me....o and fyi....From what i have seen and experienced...faith is what keeps a person coming back...it is rarely the sole erason somebody comes to christianity. But please teacher...teach