Multi-tabling Vs. Single Tabling

hey every1, as some of you may know, I currently play semi-professionally (I say semi because I still go to school). Anyway, starting in May, I'm going to take a year off school and play pro and see how things go. If things go well I might not return to school. Anyway, my question is, is it unheard of for a pro to play 1 game at a time. For me, I find I can play 'my game' and be in the 'zone' if I just play 1 game at a time. When I play 4 games at once, which I have done, I find I play ABC poker. Most of the time I break even. When i play 1 game at a time, but I'm in the 'zone' (I hope you guys know what I mean by zone, it's when you're IN the game and thinking at a deep level), I seem to win much more often. Yes it will take longer to play the same amount but I will be more efficient and will enjoy my job more. My question is do you think I'm losing money by not multi tabling? I mean when ppl play live poker, they only play 1 game at a time, so it's still faster than live poker. Thoughts?EDIT: for the pros here on FCP, how do you do it? Single table, multi table, play live?

If you have to ask then you shouldnt be playing more than in your spare time.
I'm just asking ppl's opinions on whether it's better to multi-table and play ABC or play 1 game at a time and concentrate. How does that mean that I shouldn't do it besides my spare time??
I'm just asking ppl's opinions on whether it's better to multi-table and play ABC or play 1 game at a time and concentrate. How does that mean that I shouldn't do it besides my spare time??
Multitable and concentrate.I doubt you're playing high stakes. ABC poker will beat the low-medium limits just fine online. The problem is most people think they know what ABC poker is and they don't.

I play 100 and 200 STT and HU. Heads up I find VERY hard to multi table, I'm really agressive and so it's a lot harder to read when ppl are trying to pull a fast one because they're fed up with you trying to steal pots.

Well, I'm not so good with the math, but if you're breaking even when multitabling, and showing a profit when playing one table, I'd say it's clearly better for you to play one table.

Use some tracking software and play for about 10,000 hands multitabling and 10,000 single tabling and see what your results are. Find out which you make the most money at per hour.Obviously if you are going pro for a year then you will want to take the most profitable option, but if you are multitabling then you will be losing your edge and you wont be in the zone as you say. This could make things more of a grind and you do not give yourself much room to improve, because you do not allow yourself the time to think each situation through and attempt new moves.

People have been making a living off single tabling long before internet poker came into the picture. If you're better at playing one table at a time, then that's what you should do. Don't be afraid to try multi tabling, but keep accurate stats of your hourly rate and compare it to your single table rate. Whichever one is higher, do that.

how much do you make in a year playing poker?How many hours did you play?Do you have health insurance?
right now I play part time, but based on my stats on excel, if I was to go full time I would make close to 6 figures a year.Part time, it really depends on school. In december/January during my winter break (5 weeks altogether) I made about 12k (no big cashes, just sit and gos), and since then till now I had a rough streak and am up about 2k. I haven't been playing much as well because of mid terms and reports and stuff.I live at my parent's house and I'm covered under my Dad's health insurance and when me and my brother move out, the house will be under his name and so I'll 'still b living at home' so I'll continue to be coverred. So in simple terms, yes.It's a good idea to test out the multi table hourly rate with the single table hourly rate. When I say multi, I mean like 3 or 4. I really can't play 'my game' when I have more than 4 games going.
Because if your asking this question then your not ready to quit and play professionally. You should of known what to do (Single Table, Multi Table) a long time ago.
right now I play part time, but based on my stats on excel, if I was to go full time I would make close to 6 figures a year.
Much like saying a baseball player is "on pace for" ... it doesn't quite work like that.How many hands do you have stored in this Excel sheet?
Much like saying a baseball player is "on pace for" ... it doesn't quite work like that.How many hands do you have stored in this Excel sheet?
Sit and go's, not hands. I don't play cash games much. Before my computer crashed I had close to 1000 sit and go's. Which would likely equal around 30 000 hands. That's obviously not all the sit and go's I've played but it's when I started recording them on excel and then my computer crashed and I was too lazy to start another excel sheet going. But I haven't been playing much anyways, so it's not a big deal. Aftert the semseter I'll be starting another excel file. Part Time I was making (a conservative estimate) 50k a year. I just figured full time would be twice as much playing so twice as much money. I think that's a good way to estimate.Also, let's say I do decide to multi - table, should I get another monitor?
Because if your asking this question then your not ready to quit and play professionally. You should of known what to do (Single Table, Multi Table) a long time ago.
That's a very bad statement. When I start playing professionally I should assume I'm smarter than every1 and not advice others?

Play the amount of tables that you can win with. If it's just one then so be it. You can try playing 2 to see how it goes and slowly work your way up. Just because you can win x amount of dollars per hour playing one table doesn't mean that by playing four, you make 4x.