It's a satire. I thought it was hilarious. Just look an inch deeper than the surface and all the jokes of the movie come to light. My personal favorite is when Bateman sees that his new business cards pale in comparison to his associates' cards. The look of complete defeat on his face is just precious. Not exactly sure who this this post is aimed at... I guess anyone who plans on watching the movie.

I already had it, Phil Collins rules.I loved this movie as well. The scene where they compare business cards is hilarious.
The scene where he's doing the two hookers while flexing in the mirror with Sussudio playing in the background is one of the greatest scenes in the history of cinema.
The scene where he's doing the two hookers while flexing in the mirror with Sussudio playing in the background is one of the greatest scenes in the history of cinema.
"DONT JUST LOOK AT IT! EAT IT!"
GOod film, better book. I don't know if you kids today read still anymore, but American Psycho is in my top 5 books of the last 20 years.
Yeah. As per usual, the book was a lot better than the movie.I'm also a big fan of Glamorama by Ellis.
  • 2 weeks later...

"The movie is pretty gory, a little bit strange, but overall a pretty interesting look into how people can become so obsessed with perfection that they lose control."Not exactly.It is about being so devoid of any personal identity or sense of self purpose that you chase after any little thing that you think MIGHT define yourself and obsess over that because you think it actually defines you. Music, business cards, working out, money, food. Until you go so far that you even invent a psychotic personality that isn't even real or your own.Sort of like being obsessed with posting in an Internet Forum......um......wait.....umm