Wow, I Dont Know What To Say

::Warning:: I know BBFIDS:: End Warning::So in the 50 K Gtd on Bodog, I have suffered the worst beat possible after the 2nd break. I have been fairly active at this table raising often with decent hands because it is a tight table. I get dealt KK in the SB and it is folded around to me. I think great just another blind. I raise up to 640 with blinds at 300/150. Guy waits til his warning comes up and pushes his smaller stack. I instacall and he flips over 35 offsuit, and im in great position to nearly double up til the flop comes 585. Of course the board bricks out and I go from a 4-1 favorite to a 9-1 dog. Guy says I am just defending my blind.So the questions are, how do you cope with this beat? and How do you possibly straight push for your tourney life with 35?

::Warning:: I know BBFIDS:: End Warning::So in the 50 K Gtd on Bodog, I have suffered the worst beat possible after the 2nd break. I have been fairly active at this table raising often with decent hands because it is a tight table. I get dealt KK in the SB and it is folded around to me. I think great just another blind. I raise up to 640 with blinds at 300/150. Guy waits til his warning comes up and pushes his smaller stack. I instacall and he flips over 35 offsuit, and im in great position to nearly double up til the flop comes 585. Of course the board bricks out and I go from a 4-1 favorite to a 9-1 dog. Guy says I am just defending my blind.So the questions are, how do you cope with this beat? and How do you possibly straight push for your tourney life with 35?
just let it go...that's all you can do

its definitely an unfortunate beat, but its not the worst beat possible as you said it was.. i was expecting quads losing to a running straight flush

Go to the bad beat forum, honestly, no one cares, and there are enough stupid threads already.Just sayin. Better luck next time. :club:
+1. I've lost with AA to 28 before, bbfidts

Everybody's forgetting to mention what the correct play here is. Just go to a .01/.02 nl table and go allin everyhand until you bust someone when you got it in with the worst of it. It will justify his play and you'll feel much better.

Drunken/sloppy Wednesdays, or whatever day you choose.Set aside one day where you play penny, or small buy-in rebuy tournaments with the sole intent of playing recklessly.Results don't matter, throw technicalities out the door, and only play for the fun of it. I mean it's like nutbarring par excellence. You guys forget about this article: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/daniel/pok...amp;ucat=1&but to get the tilt out of you I'm talking more like the party day article Negreanu wrote years ago:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/daniel/pok...amp;ucat=1&Low-limit multi rebuys, or any of the turbos are like the internet version of live supers. Too many posts lately about temper tantrums, river and cooler rage, etc. You need to play one day in the week, where you throw out everything sensible you know about this game, and have fun. It's therapeutic and tempers your anger when variance comes at you when you are playing more solid.The other thing this does is, psychologically it gets the tilting off bad play out of you, gets you right so to speak, and helps you with gettting a feel for extreme gear shifting, given specific table environments. You stop tilting because of bad luck and you stop playing bad when you make bad decisions.

KK vs 53, yeah practically a coinflip....
Well you have a 50/50 chance of winning. Either you win, or you lose -- 50/50!And obviously the best play here would have been to call the BB and he would have checked. Then you can fold when the 5's come out on the flop.Common sense.

Fck BoDog.Tough beat, but you gotta let it go and move on. I take it you still had a bunch of chips? I can see getting more pissed if you got knocked out by that hand, but it just wasn't the case.

Fck BoDog.Tough beat, but you gotta let it go and move on. I take it you still had a bunch of chips? I can see getting more pissed if you got knocked out by that hand, but it just wasn't the case.
It left me with 1,000 chips and blinds at 300/150 plus antes coming soon it was death. I just dont understand how you can put your life on the line with 35 off. Wouldnt a big raise then a fold when you realize you are way behind better?
It left me with 1,000 chips and blinds at 300/150 plus antes coming soon it was death. I just dont understand how you can put your life on the line with 35 off. Wouldnt a big raise then a fold when you realize you are way behind better?
I'm pretty sure he can figure out that even though you limped, his 5 high is beat.He was donktastically trying to steal your completed blind and his bb, and got lucky against ya. Play that KK straight forward and you probably don't make this post.