I think my mom might have got me some chips like this...http://www.abcdistributing.com/store/084OF...dex=2&t=4&cart=Are those the composite talked about on here? I was just wondering...I am not sure if those are the same ones, but i will see Friday.Also, if you search "poker" on that website there is a tabletop poker thing, and some chips that you can buy with it. I know the chips are bad, but my friend got the same table there. I like it, what do you think about it?ja

I'm pretty certain, these are NOT composite. They are by all means usable. I actually bought these before they bundled them in this packaging. I bought four 100ct boxes. It was inconvenient because it was, all told, 100 of each color which as you might suspect doesn't play well since you usually need 2x of the smallest denomination.I ended up buying another 100 white chips (that don't match exactly) and a carry case and use them anytime someone is desperate for chips. If I had to do it again, I'd go to my local poker supplies B&M store and buy some real chips. A little pricier than all the deals online, but there's something to be said for touching and feeling chips that you are going to be handling a lot (hopefully). Since I play live games so infrequently, I may never justify replacing these though. I do like them however. My .02.

so does anyone have a verication on these chips?I think they are ok for a 15 year old wanting chips for an Xmas present. I will buy some allinchips or something when I get a job and stuff.Ja

Ya, I believe those are the suited composite chips. I have the same ones, however mine have the dice on them. They're pretty good chips. They're pretty durable, with a nice weight, they make a nice sound, and are good for playing with.One question, does the set come with the rye and coke in the pic? Being only 15, you'd better pass that to Pops or crazy uncle Larry.Also, what kind of cement-head is playing on the tin box? Look how he's holding his hand; where is this guy and when can I play against him.Finally, if this package contains instructions on how to play Texas Hold'Em, I suggest you take them out, fold them up, and fix a nearby wobbly table with them. Look at the hand, five cards eh? Either this guy is playing some crazy Mexican Hold'EM, or he's a friggin' cheater... hope whoever is against him has pocket 9's and cleans him out.Merry Christmas, enjoy the set, and I'll see ya on the tour in a few years. Well, you'll be on the tour, and I'll see ya on TV.

we also have a set of those exact chips (bought at wal-mart), and they break very easily. no metal core, not very durable... but this if a fraternity house and things do happen to get broken around here

I saw this set at Target too for $3.00 more. How much did you pay in shipping? Anyway... They did not look like composite to me but they looked like a heavy duty plastic. They seemed like they were kind of light but not like the old bicycle chips that my dad use to play with. I would buy them for the 16 year old kid but I would prefer something a little more substansial. Side Bar here: My son told me he was teaching the other students in his class how to play hold'em the other day! It was the last day of school before break, so no one was doing anything. He had a handful of kids around him and they were playing Texas Hold'em. What a trip! I wonder where he gets this from? :?