starting bankrolls for a newb.

Sorry for the newbie question.Okay, so I'm looking for a new site after getting fed up with party poker. I read a few people mention sites that start you off with a $10 bankroll or whatever, any truth to that? Any other sites that are recommended?

full tilt as a %100 first deposit bonus (up to 600)i think royal vegas is the site that gives you 10 free dollars just for registering (and without making a deposit)truepoker used to give 4 free SnG's to people who register (i think 1rst place in those are 25 bucks, no idea if they still do it)i think pretty much every site has a first time deposit bonus

Jeez, how many times have I posted it, Royal Vegas will start you off with 10 bucks for free, except to cash out, you will a) have to deposit >=20 dollarsB) play like 500 raked hands >.25/.50c) this is if you don't lose all your ten bucks at one table, being a newb and all

id recommend soething like poker stars if your really knew because of the really low limit tables... 2c/4c limit and 1c/2c no limit so 10 bucks can get u a long ways if your a quick learner

id recommend soething like poker stars if your really knew because of the really low limit tables... 2c/4c limit and 1c/2c no limit so 10 bucks can get u a long ways if your a quick learner
I would like to braggingly admit that the penny tables are awesome! Us FCP high rollers like to reside there and bring the avg pot up to $4.

I've played enough poker. Lots of homegames. I'm mostly new to internet gaming. I can't look into peoples eyes and read them like in homegames. That said I'll probably lose my money, but it's fun anyway, no?

I've played enough poker. Lots of homegames. I'm mostly new to internet gaming. I can't look into peoples eyes and read them like in homegames. That said I'll probably lose my money, but it's fun anyway, no?
There's alot more to poker than jittery hands.

Exactly. Proper UV protection is a must. Honestly though, I think I'm good at poker. Although I've gotten into the habit of reading peoples tells a bit more than reading their betting habits which cost me $50 on party poker trying to think about other players even though they're not sitting there next to me and my kids are running around screaming. But about 8 $5 or $10 tourneys doesn't make for a big enough sample size.

Dumb quesiton but i only play b&m so far.. i am decent poker player not great but i do better then break even most nights but i am gonna go into the online world this evening and so if i went to RoyalVegas I dont have to deposit to get the free 10 bucks i can just start playing real money games???

Do yourself a favor and 1) Don't choose Royal Vegas, 2) Deposit at least $50, 3) choose PokerStars or PartyPoker. I would venture to say they have the largest amount of bad players. However, I would go with PokerStars. You can play the .01/.02 NL tables and build your bankroll. It has worked for me. Party's lowest limit is .10/.25, I believe. You should deposit $250 at least to play there. Unless you're a limit player. I have little knowledge of the way to go there.

Exactly.   Proper UV protection is a must.    Honestly though, I think I'm good at poker.  Although I've gotten into the habit of reading peoples tells a bit more than reading their betting habits which cost me $50 on party poker trying to think about other players even though they're not sitting there next to me and my kids are running around screaming.  But about 8 $5 or $10 tourneys doesn't make for a big enough sample size.
Exclusive NL hold'em player? You'll find that reading tells is just no where near as important in limit games, even live. Reading betting patterns is far more important.
Do yourself a favor and 1) Don't choose Royal Vegas, 2) Deposit at least $50, 3) choose PokerStars or PartyPoker.  I would venture to say they have the largest amount of bad players.  However, I would go with PokerStars.  You can play the .01/.02 NL tables and build your bankroll.  It has worked for me.  Party's lowest limit is .10/.25, I believe.  You should deposit $250 at least to play there.  Unless you're a limit player.  I have little knowledge of the way to go there.
Personaly i am a big believer in limit games.... love to play the check raise i am getting better at NL but it takes a diffrent set of skills and i tend to be alil over agressive in NL..... but if its free i was gonna check it out tonight.. If not its gotta wait till saterday because friday night gonna take my roll down to the track and add on about 50 bucks to play with on saterday online.... (least thats the plan) Cause i wont take it out of the money i have already acumulated to play B & M i figured its best to keep them seperate....? why not royal vegas?

Royal Vegas is the worst site on the freakin net.Software is complete crap, the tourney structures are the absolute worst, and if it even works, it is slow and choppy half the time.Trust me, do not go there.If you have any money to deposit, you can get some free money over at pacific if you want. PM me. Party is decent option, but not for 50... lowest limits are .50/1Stars is ok for starting at micro, but no bonuses.Don't play at full tilt... players are way too tight to make money.That about narrows it down.

I'm a big Gus Hansen fan and came across pokerchamps. I assume it sucks since nobody mentions it? I registered for royalvegas, but don't plan on depositing money. I'll just play with the free $10.

royalvegas isn't bad, SootedUp just despises it because it doesn't work well on his computer. You'll get to experiece a lot of over-aggressive Euro. players. btw Sheyboygan, man I feel sorry for you lol.

Try out Royal Vegas. Free money is free money. If you want to deposit at least $50, go with pacific. Right now they will give you an addittional $50 if you use a referal and a 50% deposit bonus too which you get up front. With a $50 deposit you will then have $125 to play with. The software is no frills and you can only play one table at a time. However, Pacific has the softest competition on the internet. The 6-man limit SnGs are easy money. If you need a referal, hook me up. Griff888 on Pacific. What ever you do, good luck.

Well, I started my RoyalVegas $10 free money. I played for about 5.5 hours and got it up to $18.35 Not too bad I think... Money wise it sucks compared to my job. But it was fun and the other players were fairly skilled.

I've only played with "Play Money" online so far, mostly at Poker Pages and Party Poker. I have $200 to put into my first real money account, do you guys think that going with Party is a good idea with the %50 deposit bonus? That would give me $300 to play in the .50/$1 games with the 300xbb recommendation and I like the no-frills software decently well. How's that plan sound??Shock

If you like SnG's, the 10 dollar ones on party poker are easy money. The format kind of sucks, as the limits go up too fast, but man are there some bad players. I just played 8 in a row, and I only didn't place in the money once, winning 4, getting second in 1, and third in 2. Make sure you're decent at NL though, or the blinds will be too much for you.