Hardwood Floors

I'm looking to put some hardwood floors down and decided to do some research at homedepot.com just to get pricing on the material. All of the pricing is based on 'per box' which to me does not give any indiciation as to how much square footage comes in 'a box'. How many square feet come in 'a box' of flooring?Thank you very much in advance for anyone that can help!

so far, you have 27 posts and have started threads asking about a hockey video game, hardwood flooring, juanda's retirement, kobe bryant, the ending of saw 2, Tito Ortiz' walk in music, microsoft excel, the structure of a poker tournament, spyware, and satellites to a live $300 buy in tournament (lol).this is simply mind boggling to me... almost every one of these could have been answered in 1/3 of the time it took you to come to FCP and ask them just by typing a few words in google, wikipedia, or anywhere else. I just don't get it. Why would you go through the effort to come to a poker forum to ask most of these questions?

so far, you have 27 posts and have started threads asking about a hockey video game, hardwood flooring, juanda's retirement, kobe bryant, the ending of saw 2, Tito Ortiz' walk in music, microsoft excel, the structure of a poker tournament, spyware, and satellites to a live $300 buy in tournament (lol).this is simply mind boggling to me... almost every one of these could have been answered in 1/3 of the time it took you to come to FCP and ask them just by typing a few words in google, wikipedia, or anywhere else. I just don't get it. Why would you go through the effort to come to a poker forum to ask most of these questions?
Probably for the satisfaction of boggling someone's mind?Mission accomplished.That was easy!

As the resident flooring expert on this forum I can tell you it depends on the type of wood and the manufacturer. But a good answer is anywhere from 18 to 24. Do you have a specific manufacturer you are looking at and the type of wood? Solid, engineered, 3/4, 1/2, 3/8....etc, etc,....

As the resident flooring expert on this forum I can tell you it depends on the type of wood and the manufacturer. But a good answer is anywhere from 18 to 24. Do you have a specific manufacturer you are looking at and the type of wood? Solid, engineered, 3/4, 1/2, 3/8....etc, etc,....
What do you do?
What do you do?
Was the general manager for 2 local flooring stores. I now work for the largest flooring company in the U.S. as a project manager. I am sure you know the phone number.
Was the general manager for 2 local flooring stores. I now work for the largest flooring company in the U.S. as a project manager. I am sure you know the phone number.
867-5309?I asked because I work as a PM for a union commerical GC.
867-5309?I asked because I work as a PM for a union commerical GC.
Actually one of the things I'm working on now is getting into the commercial and builder side. We have landed one big GC for a retirement village already and are in negotiations with one of the top 3 builders in the U.S.
Thanks MJINK3....Really, I don't have any specifics as far as what type of wood etc. I'm still in the super early stages of planning this project and I'm just trying to get an idea on what I would be up against.Thanks though-
Really, I don't have any specifics as far as what type of wood etc. I'm still in the super early stages of planning this project and I'm just trying to get an idea on what I would be up against.
Are you doing this yourself or having Home Depot (or someone else do the work)? Home Depot likely has a local contractor they can send to your house to do measurements and work up a quote for you. I ended up hiring the person who did the quote on the side and saved some money in the process (no, his name wasn't Geico). Lowe's has something similar as well.

1-800-FLOORINGBuy Bamboo bellawood. Sure, it's super soft and will get ruined quickly... but it looks really cool.

Ok...(amazed by the timing of this question)I have a question...(audience gets quiet for a stupid one that has no relation to the subject)I am currently building some apartments as well as a few custom homes. One of the apartments is larger than the rest and is the "high roller" suite, intended for fans who rent units close to the stadium for use during home games. More than likely this unit will not see heavy use, but the built in bar, hot tub, fireplace, and swimming pool will require a durable flooring surface.According to my sources, bamboo flooring is getting popular and has an advantage over traditional hardwood. I scoped some of it out today and liked the fact that it was solid wood throughout. I figured it would be some veneer type stuck to particle board or something, but it looked of good quality...to me that is.Does it hold up very well under residential use?Can it be refinished?Will it glue down to a concrete slab....and hold? (cured for 180 days plus, used visqueen barrier under, no moisture problems)I was quoted by an online source at $2.19 per foot...good price?Of course, I'm not using it in the regular apartments, but might use it in the houses as well in the entries/kitchen/DR etc.Thanks
Ok...(amazed by the timing of this question)I have a question...(audience gets quiet for a stupid one that has no relation to the subject)I am currently building some apartments as well as a few custom homes. One of the apartments is larger than the rest and is the "high roller" suite, intended for fans who rent units close to the stadium for use during home games. More than likely this unit will not see heavy use, but the built in bar, hot tub, fireplace, and swimming pool will require a durable flooring surface.According to my sources, bamboo flooring is getting popular and has an advantage over traditional hardwood. I scoped some of it out today and liked the fact that it was solid wood throughout. I figured it would be some veneer type stuck to particle board or something, but it looked of good quality...to me that is.Does it hold up very well under residential use?Can it be refinished?Will it glue down to a concrete slab....and hold? (cured for 180 days plus, used visqueen barrier under, no moisture problems)I was quoted by an online source at $2.19 per foot...good price?Of course, I'm not using it in the regular apartments, but might use it in the houses as well in the entries/kitchen/DR etc.Thanks
I'm no expert, but I believe that 1) that's a decent price, and 2) bamboo is one of the softer woods (it's actually in a grass family), which means it won't hold up as good as walnut or something very hard.
I'm no expert, but I believe that 1) that's a decent price, and 2) bamboo is one of the softer woods (it's actually in a grass family), which means it won't hold up as good as walnut or something very hard.
I'm on your side about the softness (shaddup Mexi) because I know that the faster something grows, the softer it tends to be (shaddup again)... Oak and walnut grow slow, and maple and softer woods grow quite fast, like bamboo.I read up on it some, and some say (if you can believe them...I also fell for the "Charter Member" crap, so I'm a little gullible) that the Chinese bamboo is close to oak in hardness.I'd like to see some of it in person that has been in use for a year or two....