$1/2 No Limit Live Cash Game. I limp with AKos. 5 people in the pot total. Flop A58 rainbow. I bet $10 , next to act raises to $25 total. Other 3 players fold. The raiser is a pretty bad player, easy to read, and I have a tight table image. I fold, showing my AK face up. Raiser shows 58, just as I thought he had. Dealer runs it out for sh*ts and giggles and a K peeled off on the turn. Before the hand was run out, a few players stated I definately should have called, even though I knew he had 2 pair. Was I wrong to fold? The question is, Were they right to say I should have called w/ TPTK, even though I KNEW he had 2 pair? I vehemently disagreed. Thanks.

Umm, I don't see how "he had 58 just like I thought he had"... and "you KNEW he had two pair." But if your read was sooo strong that you knew FOR A FACT!!!! that he had exactly 58, then its +EV to play against opponents when you KNOW their hand.You said he's a bad player, so he's not good enough to fold when a King comes off on the turn, right? I call 15 getting 3:1 and whatever implied odds you think you have of hitting a a king on the turn, or just winning what's already in the pot with an Ace.seriously though, it's hard to POSITIVELY know someone has a hand. But if your read is 100% deadly-accurate-never-wrong-perfect-amazing-might-as-well-be-playing-with-his-cards-face-up, it's impossible to make -EV decisions on later streets. so call.

Umm, I don't see how "he had 58 just like I thought he had" and "you KNEW he had two pair." But if your read was sooo strong that you knew FOR A FACT!!!! that he had 58, then its +EV to play against opponents when you KNOW their hand.You said he's a bad player, so he's not good enough to fold when a King comes off on the turn, right? I call 15 getting 3:1 and whatever implied odds you think you have of hitting a a king on the turn, or just winning what's already in the pot with an Ace.seriously though, it's hard to POSITIVELY know someone has a hand. But if your read is 100% deadly-accurate-never-wrong-perfect-amazing-might-as-well-be-playing-with-his-cards-face-up, it's impossible to make -EV decisions on later streets. so call.
Apart from your sarcasm, I am truly trying to understand you. I did know he had 2 pair. I am by no means psychic nor are my, nor anyones reads 100% dead on, but I knew him on this particular hand. I've played with him often and I know he wouldn't raise me with anything less. So since I'm a 3:1 dog at that point and am getting 45/15 (3:1) I call. It just seemed odd to me given I knew I was beat at that point. My math was off at that point and I didn't think I was getting the right odds. Thanks for the reply, minus the noted sarcasm of course.
Apart from your sarcasm, I am truly trying to understand you. I did know he had 2 pair. I am by no means psychic nor are my, nor anyones reads 100% dead on, but I knew him on this particular hand. I've played with him often and I know he wouldn't raise me with anything less. So since I'm a 3:1 dog at that point and am getting 45/15 (3:1) I call. It just seemed odd to me given I knew I was beat at that point. My math was off at that point and I didn't think I was getting the right odds. Thanks for the reply, minus the noted sarcasm of course.
I didn't mean to sound sarcastic --- I never said anything I didn't mean.I don't know how you can be THAT sure somebody's got a hand though. He would NEVER raise with AQ there? also, since you say he would never raise you with two pair, that makes me think he's capable of realizing that you're tight and raise with 76 here in order to tell you he's got two pair.Also: raise preflop :club:
I didn't mean to sound sarcastic --- I never said anything I didn't mean.I don't know how you can be THAT sure somebody's got a hand though. He would NEVER raise with AQ there? also, since you say he would never raise you with two pair, that makes me think he's capable of realizing that you're tight and raise with 76 here in order to tell you he's got two pair.Also: raise preflop :club:
Theres not alot of thought at this game beyond 1st level thinking to be honest with you. It just so happens this guy has alot of tells. I was fortunate that my read was right. As for the PF lack of raise, I guess I was just mixing it up. Most times I would have raised. Just didn't this time.
not alot of thought at this game beyond 1st level thinking.... ....As for the PF lack of raise, I guess I was just mixing it up....
The two don't mix. I try to get money in with valuable hands every time I can in games like these. If it's anything like normal live 1/2, can't you raise to like $11 and get 3 callers?Also, I don't like folding it face up. If this player already knows you're real tight, and you're going to continue to be really tight, then you shouldn't do anything like this. Telling them you're not willing to play TPTK with AK to a raise is baaad. Your tightness has already cost you value against this player. With the way you're playing, you want to look as loose as possible.
The two don't mix. I try to get money in with valuable hands every time I can in games like these. If it's anything like normal live 1/2, can't you raise to like $11 and get 3 callers?Also, I don't like folding it face up. If this player already knows you're real tight, and you're going to continue to be really tight, then you shouldn't do anything like this. Telling them you're not willing to play TPTK with AK to a raise is baaad. Your tightness has already cost you value against this player. With the way you're playing, you want to look as loose as possible.
I'm not as tight as my image is, but I see your point. Normally, I wouldn't fold there. But in that situation I went with my read. I showed a few other hands that last night to demonstrate otherwise that I not as tight as perceived. And yes this is definitely a game where people would easily call an $11 PF raise, so I see your point.

I think it was a terrible fold, that player would of made the same raise with AQ or AJ, the fact that he happened to have 5/8 was just a really lucky guess on your part. Next time try not to be so Weak/Tight. I have seen some people on here say some really moronic things like, i always raise with AK, its a premium hand. Yes it is, but there is such a thing as mixing up your play, good players will get a read on you really fast if you always play certain hands in the same fashion everytime, there are some good players playing 1-2 NL live, not all of them are donks.another thing, chip stacks are kinda of important, where was that info? where was the button? where was your position? Have you played many hands up to that point? what about the other player? you said he was bad but had he played many hands up to that point in the night? When you post a strat question, try to give AS MUCH INFO as you can. Its eaiser for the better players on here to give you the info you crave.Keep playing and good luck

I think it was a terrible fold, that player would of made the same raise with AQ or AJ, the fact that he happened to have 5/8 was just a really lucky guess on your part. Next time try not to be so Weak/Tight. I have seen some people on here say some really moronic things like, i always raise with AK, its a premium hand. Yes it is, but there is such a thing as mixing up your play, good players will get a read on you really fast if you always play certain hands in the same fashion everytime, there are some good players playing 1-2 NL live, not all of them are donks.another thing, chip stacks are kinda of important, where was that info? where was the button? where was your position? Have you played many hands up to that point? what about the other player? you said he was bad but had he played many hands up to that point in the night? When you post a strat question, try to give AS MUCH INFO as you can. Its eaiser for the better players on here to give you the info you crave.Keep playing and good luck
Hey Assclown - You were dealing the game you douchbag!!! LOL!! Stop Acting Like you Don't KNOW ME!!! We are brothers!! LOL Cats out of the bag!!