• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

So I'm having a baby girl. Her name will be Ava Catherine... everything else looks good so far.Mark, How long did it take for your Ipod to be delivered from the FTP store?
Awesome, Congrats!! :club:
JUMP JUMP
Love Kris Kross. Have them on my shuffle mix too.Thought I'd post this hand where I was a river POW again today. So in this hand, I tanked the river forever and finally did the 'how could he check an A twice at me he must be bluffing' rationalization. But he knows I have a big pair here and has to expect me to call. Therefore he's never bluffing.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $3/$65 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $600CO: $1806NoSup4U: $609SB: $594BB: $699Pre-flop: (5 players) NoSup4U is Button with :5c:D UTG folds, CO raises to $21, NoSup4U raises to $75, 2 folds, CO calls.Flop: :club::ts:D ($159, 2 players)CO checks, NoSup4U checks.Turn: :4h ($159, 2 players)CO checks, NoSup4U checks.River: :D ($159, 2 players)CO bets $120, NoSup4U calls.Results:Final pot: $399CO showed Jc AdNoSup4U mucks Kc KdMark
So I'm having a baby girl. Her name will be Ava Catherine... everything else looks good so far.Mark, How long did it take for your Ipod to be delivered from the FTP store?
Congrats!It took about 2 weeks I think for it to get to me? Something like that. I got the 160gb iPod Classic.Mark
Very cool, much congrats
Great interview with Galfond on Cardplayer- http://www.cardplayer.com/tv/31795
Good stuff. I've heard about his epiphany where Durrr or whoever was like, 'I'd shove' and turn my tpwk into a bluff. Also loved the comment about how instead of thinking about what cards you don't want to see (like if you have a set and they call and there is a flush draw most people are just chanting in their heads 'no spade no spade no spade') he says we should be thinking about, if this card hits, what will I do? Or if this other card hit, what will I do. I don't know if I ever do that, and I should more. I found myself in that situation yesterday where I checked a set through, and the board came horrible horrible on the turn and river for me. And I ended up making a huge mistake on the river just because instead of being prepared for what might come and having a plan, I was just hoping the board would pair on the river and when it didn't and actually got even worse, I wasn't prepared to fold my hand so I made a stupid bet committing myself and got stacked, where if I would have just been mentally prepared and thought through my options, I could have easily check folded the river and saved a half a stack.Mark
Are these two sentences connected in any way? congrats.Mark do you not get RB?
Congrats! My sister's due any day now<---------19yr old soon to be irresponsible fun uncle
19yr old soon to return one of my IMs or text me everrrrrrrrrrrrr???

just saw the galfond interview. good stuff, just mentioned how position is even more important in HU since both players usually won't have anything. also liked the quote "tournaments is a game of chicken", interesting idea about OOP in tournaments, but it seemed to mainly apply to live tourneys.

Love Kris Kross. Have them on my shuffle mix too.Thought I'd post this hand where I was a river POW again today. So in this hand, I tanked the river forever and finally did the 'how could he check an A twice at me he must be bluffing' rationalization. But he knows I have a big pair here and has to expect me to call. Therefore he's never bluffing.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $3/$65 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $600CO: $1806NoSup4U: $609SB: $594BB: $699Pre-flop: (5 players) NoSup4U is Button with :5c:D UTG folds, CO raises to $21, NoSup4U raises to $75, 2 folds, CO calls.Flop: :club::ts:D ($159, 2 players)CO checks, NoSup4U checks.Turn: :4h ($159, 2 players)CO checks, NoSup4U checks.River: :D ($159, 2 players)CO bets $120, NoSup4U calls.Results:Final pot: $399CO showed Jc AdNoSup4U mucks Kc KdMark
Bleh, i think we all fall for this one.Also, how f***** lucky would you have to get to have Tom Dwann as a best friend?

Not converted for chat purposes!!PokerStars Game #16965676083: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2008/04/24 - 16:48:13 (ET)Table 'Esperanto II' 6-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: Ex_Matt ($124.05 in chips) Seat 2: Tozis ($9.35 in chips) Seat 3: SamFarha1337 ($74.80 in chips) Seat 5: cmacnaug ($51.30 in chips) Seat 6: Learn2FoldEm ($71.90 in chips) Tozis: posts small blind $0.25SamFarha1337: posts big blind $0.50SupraHot: sits out *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Ex_Matt [8s Ts]cmacnaug: raises $1.50 to $2Learn2FoldEm: folds Ex_Matt: calls $2Tozis: folds SamFarha1337: folds *** FLOP *** [7d 9d Qc]SupraHot said, "lucky times?"cmacnaug: bets $3Ex_Matt: raises $6.50 to $9.50cmacnaug: calls $6.50*** TURN *** [7d 9d Qc] [Ah]cmacnaug: checks Ex_Matt: checks *** RIVER *** [7d 9d Qc Ah] [Js]SupraHot said, "what is tozis"cmacnaug: bets $12Ex_Matt: raises $35.50 to $47.50Tozis said, " * * cki times"Ex_Matt said, "slow roll?"cmacnaug: calls $27.80 and is all-in*** SHOW DOWN ***Ex_Matt: shows [8s Ts] (a straight, Eight to Queen)cmacnaug: mucks hand SupraHot said, "++"Ex_Matt collected $101.35 from potSupraHot said, "+++++++++++++++"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $103.35 | Rake $2 Board [7d 9d Qc Ah Js]Seat 1: Ex_Matt (button) showed [8s Ts] and won ($101.35) with a straight, Eight to QueenSeat 2: Tozis (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: SamFarha1337 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: cmacnaug mucked [Qd Jc]Seat 6: Learn2FoldEm folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Mark do you not get RB?
I do get rakeback yes.
Bleh, i think we all fall for this one.Also, how f***** lucky would you have to get to have Tom Dwann as a best friend?
We all might fall for it, but its a really bad call on the river vs a good opponent imo. Like, the best hand he can have is QQ that we beat. And not a lot of good villains will be value betting QQ there. And it should be obvious to him that I have KK/QQ/JJ/TT imo. I might really be gay if Tom were my bff.Mark
ty :Dcute hand imoPoker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $5/$106 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $1015UTG+1: $1000Hero: $1028Button: $970SB: $467BB: $1373Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 6 :D 6 :4h2 folds, Hero raises to $30, Button raises to $100, 2 folds, Hero calls.Flop: A :D J :5c 6 :club: ($215, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $11, Hero raises to $120, Button calls.Turn: Q :ts ($455, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $325, Hero raises all-in $808, Button calls all-in $425.Uncalled bets: $58 returned to Hero. River: 2 :D ($1955, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1955)Results:Final pot: $1955Hero showed 6c 6hButton showed A Q
Flop looks like a misclick?
wth did he havePoker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $5/$105 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $975CO: $985Hero: $1507SB: $450.15BB: $485Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with Q :club: K :D2 folds, Hero raises to $30, SB calls, BB folds.Flop: K :ts 6 :D 5 :5c ($70, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $50, SB raises to $100, Hero raises to $150, SB calls.Turn: 2 :4h ($370, 2 players)SB bets $70, Hero raises all-in $1327, SB folds.Uncalled bets: $1257 returned to Hero. Results:Final pot: $510
Looks like he wanted to draw cheap.
going over pokerev with simo, and i havent really found many leaks yet. the one thing i have found tho, is that my cbet % is a bit low.can you guys post yours for me? for 6max...go to PT, look at "more details", then first action after preflop raise : bet
Why didn't you post yours?56.64%
Good stuff. I've heard about his epiphany where Durrr or whoever was like, 'I'd shove' and turn my tpwk into a bluff. Also loved the comment about how instead of thinking about what cards you don't want to see (like if you have a set and they call and there is a flush draw most people are just chanting in their heads 'no spade no spade no spade') he says we should be thinking about, if this card hits, what will I do? Or if this other card hit, what will I do. I don't know if I ever do that, and I should more. I found myself in that situation yesterday where I checked a set through, and the board came horrible horrible on the turn and river for me. And I ended up making a huge mistake on the river just because instead of being prepared for what might come and having a plan, I was just hoping the board would pair on the river and when it didn't and actually got even worse, I wasn't prepared to fold my hand so I made a stupid bet committing myself and got stacked, where if I would have just been mentally prepared and thought through my options, I could have easily check folded the river and saved a half a stack.Mark
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=88525 for more galfond.He talks about shoving the river when you normally might call in that thread as well. I think this is gold and it's something us POW's should consider trying to incorporate into our games. It can be a pretty scary play though and pretty brutal if incorporated poorly.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=88525 for more galfond.He talks about shoving the river when you normally might call in that thread as well. I think this is gold and it's something us POW's should consider trying to incorporate into our games. It can be a pretty scary play though and pretty brutal if incorporated poorly.
One thing to keep in mind though depending on what stakes everyone plays. For something like this to work, villain MUST be able to fold a good hand. There are still a reasonable amount of donks at 3/6nl that can't fold tpgk to a shove. So keep that in mind.Mark