New Challenge (old Challenge)

I disagree w/the qjs hand being bad. It's pretty situational.
A competent reg 3 bet his UTG raise and he called OOP with QJs. You don't think that is bad? It might not be with your image since you are going to get 3 bet much lighter but there aren't any true lags playing 1/2. I much prefer a call with 87s than QJs. I just don't think QJ is going to play well enough post flop against the range that is 3 betting an UTG raise, especially OOP for that to not be bad. In fact that is a call I make when I am in spewmonkey mode.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

FLUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero ($35.45)UTG ($14)MP ($25.65)CO ($24.45)Button ($24.65)SB ($36.80)Preflop: Hero is BB with K :club: , K :4h . UTG raises to $0.5, MP raises to $1, 3 folds, Hero raises to $4, UTG calls $3.50, MP calls $3.Flop: ($12.10) 2 :5c , 6 :ts , Q :D(3 players)Hero bets $7.5, UTG folds, MP raises to $21.65, Hero calls $14.15.Turn: ($55.40) 3 :D(2 players)River: ($55.40) A :D(2 players)Final Pot: $55.40Results in white below: Hero has Kd Kh (one pair, kings). MP has Qs Qc (three of a kind, queens). Outcome: MP wins $55.40. Then the fcker hit and runs. Fcking fantastic. I almost feel that I can find a fold on this board... I mean villain is really only making this play w/ QQ, KK, AA, maybe AQ. AQ gets there anyway... LFT.

I know you like to play a lot of hands, but to put in 40k hands in a single day is getting out of control.
LOOOOOOOOOOL
Yea, pretty sure its beatable but you just have to play super solid ABC poker to do so. Like run 9/8 or something.
yeah i'm a 10/8/5 24 tabler and the money definitely comes in quick @ 25nl on stars
yeah i'm a 10/8/5 24 tabler and the money definitely comes in quick @ 25nl on stars
You must have missed the memo but this is the week of posting graphs so lets see it.

I have a couple graphs to show.Today, my first 2k hand session since the comebackfirst2ksession.jpgAnd the graph since I've made my "comeback"comebackgraph.jpg

Pretty sure rakeback makes up for it. I'll make almost $400 this month in rb. Almost entirely at 10NL.
73% of 10% = 7.3%7.3% > 5%so by my quick logic, it's still costing you more in rake playing with a 10% rake with 27% rakeback than it would to play with 5% rake and no rakebackthis is not to say the game is unbeatable, but it's going to be tougher
T-bone...Are you playing all 100nl for now? and all on Cake?btw nice to have you back :club:
Yes and yes, I'm gonna take some shots soon at 200 NL I think, want to get at least 20k hands at 100 NL just to see if I still "have it" or I'm just on a little 10k hand heater.
I think I value bet fairly thin but in general shut down to resistance. Seems like I "value call" a lot and end up seeing a lot of showdowns with a weak but still winning hand.
Yeah, if you're against a bluffy player, give them rope, but in general you want to be the bettor rather than the caller. This is easier in position obv, so standard advice, try and play hands in position.
73% of 10% = 7.3%7.3% > 5%so by my quick logic, it's still costing you more in rake playing with a 10% rake with 27% rakeback than it would to play with 5% rake and no rakebackthis is not to say the game is unbeatable, but it's going to be tougher
I see your point, but doesn't it make a difference that I get credit for 27% of the rake on EVERY hand that I'm dealt not just the ones I play? Basically I lose and extra 5% on every pot I win on ftp but I make 2.7% on every pot dealt.
I see your point, but doesn't it make a difference that I get credit for 27% of the rake on EVERY hand that I'm dealt not just the ones I play? Basically I lose and extra 5% on every pot I win on ftp but I make 2.7% on every pot dealt.
I have no idea, all I know is that as soon as I was rolled for 25 nl I'd be there.
You must have missed the memo but this is the week of posting graphs so lets see it.
95% of my play isn't tracked because i was playing on ftp + stars on my mac and didnt have hands saved. so far it appears im running at +7ptbb/100 over 15k hands @ 25 and 50nl, but that's not too interesting. ill post a graph in a month of being on the pc though