New Challenge (old Challenge)

I valuebet around 12-15 here. Honestly, there are tons of spots on the river where you can extract value because people are so likely to call a river bet because there's no threat of future action. I'm expecting to get looked up by A high a lot here, especially because our hand kinda looks like a missed draw turned into a bluff. Bet and you'll get called down way more by A high hands than you will by higher PPs. Obviously if we get c/r we instafold.
Yeah I bet $15 and he insta folded, hand played okay otherwise? Guy wasn't a lagtard so didn't want to get into a pf war.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Can I interest Mikey, Jordan, Kevlar, Zimmer, or anyone else that plays decent limits to post their Poker EV graph for the year?I'd also be interested in seeing someone like Bull's or Mln falcons, or anyone else that has put a large amount of hands in.Trying to see how one of those graphs look over the long run.
im trying too but i can get pokerev to load my database
Yeah I bet $15 and he insta folded, hand played okay otherwise? Guy wasn't a lagtard so didn't want to get into a pf war.
Yeah, that line is pretty much the exact line I'd take there. WP.

So I played some lololomaha this morning because I woke up early for whatever reason. Up like $300 in an hour, now I get to go get a haircut, drop off some job applications, and then go golfing at 1:30.Life still good. :club:

Since I missed the boat:aprilanalysisdm1.jpgBy acid_knight at 2008-04-15That's what my graph for the 1st half of April looks like. I am at work so I could only post something I'd already uploaded to imageshack. It's pretty typical of all of my graphs. My green line diverges from the other two lines at a pretty constant rate and I'm usually hovering around breakeven or slightly losing $$ in showdown pots, but I do my damage elsewhere.This was last month:pokerevqx5.jpgBy acid_knight at 2008-03-24

p.s. Villain had 58cc where I had AA.... so in Hindsight, if I had c/r'd flop, he woulda folded, turn he might call a bet, but I really put him on a mid-pair. If I bet river he's not calling. Obv this is hindsight, but LOL I wish he didn't leave Immediately after I called his river bet! Fckin lagtards!

Some regs I don't mind at my table at all.........like AC00000 or something like that :club:. But really, some regs I don't mind. Its not just what regs are at the table that I look for.
is anyone willing to post the criteria that they use for table selection. i have searched around and can't find a clear answer. i generally look for a high percentage of people to the flop and large average pot size. what else? is this wrong?
is anyone willing to post the criteria that they use for table selection. i have searched around and can't find a clear answer. i generally look for a high percentage of people to the flop and large average pot size. what else? is this wrong?
I'm not great at table selection but I look for (at 100 NL 6max):players to the flop > 30 (40 is preferable)no one with > 200 BB (unless it's a known bad player)2 or 3 players with around 60 BBno more than 1 or 2 known good regularsI think people buying in for 40-60 BB is the surest sign of a bad player. Shorties are frustrating when they double up and run but that's more than outweighed by the guys who will repeatedly rebuy for 40 BB. I generally ignore pot size.
http://www.spadeit.com/That's a great tool for table selecting and datamining.
it's funny how different matt and my styles are.
Cwik and I have been talking about it and he's trying to figure out where we are diverging from one another because his green line doesn't do what mine does.I think that what it comes down to is that in addition to picking up lots of little pots, I make these large bets/bluffs on later streets in big pots (where he will often call or fold) and when I get called, they negate the showdown winnings that I have picked up in other spots but when they work, I am picking up huge pots without showdown.Basically, I think that I just find a lot of spots where I make a play that either drastically hurts my showdown winning amounts or greatly boosts my green line. Apparently it works though.Usually I make it to showdown with air or a hand that I was value betting the whole way. Basically, I don't think my poor showdown % and winnings at showdown are a product of making poor river calls (although I'm certain that calling river bets is a losing spot for me as it is for most people) as it is me getting called when I'm bluffing in bigger pots.
who wants to guess at my thought process in this handPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)saw flop|saw showdownSB ($2512)BB ($1514.25)UTG ($1059)MP ($905)CO ($985)Hero ($2317)Preflop: Hero is Button with 6s.gif, 8s.gif. 2 folds, CO raises to $40, Hero calls $40, SB raises to $140, 1 fold, CO folds, Hero calls $100.Flop: ($330) 4d.gif, 7d.gif, kc.gif(2 players)SB bets $140, Hero calls $140.Turn: ($610) kh.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.River: ($610) 5s.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $444, SB raises to $2232, Hero calls $1593 (All-In).Final Pot: $4684Results in white below: SB has Ah 7h (two pair, kings and sevens). Hero has 6s 8s (straight, eight high). Outcome: Hero wins $4684.
preflop looks like a squeeze so call with a hand that should do well against his rangeflop c-bet don't scare me plus I can bluff a diamond and v-bet a 5turn ??? no idea - guess you figure villain won't believe you have a K? I'd bet the turn personallyriver "I'm Mikey fucking song biatch"
who wants to guess at my thought process in this handPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)saw flop|saw showdownSB ($2512)BB ($1514.25)UTG ($1059)MP ($905)CO ($985)Hero ($2317)Preflop: Hero is Button with 6s.gif, 8s.gif. 2 folds, CO raises to $40, Hero calls $40, "s000000ted cards, yay. I like it when they are both the same."SB raises to $140, 1 fold, CO folds, Hero calls $100."#s000000000000000ted. I have s0000ted cards, s0000ted, I have s000ted cards#"Flop: ($330) 4d.gif, 7d.gif, kc.gif(2 players)SB bets $140, Hero calls $140."I HAVE CARDS. THIS FUN. I PRESS BUTTON."Turn: ($610) kh.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero checks."YAY CARDS"River: ($610) 5s.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $444, "HIT BUTTON IT MAKE BET"SB raises to $2232, Hero calls $1593 (All-In)."YAY CARDS"Final Pot: $4684Results in white below: SB has Ah 7h (two pair, kings and sevens). Hero has 6s 8s (straight, eight high). Outcome: Hero wins $4684.
Am I close?
I think I talked about this some in my well thread. I care more that there are bad players at the tables than anything else. Best indicator of that I find is if they are sitting with like 50 to 80% of a buyin. (assuming all players are unknowns to you)Mark
Am I close?
Knowing Mikey makes this post ****ing super duper hilarious. bwahahahahaha cause its probably pretty spot on :)soooooooooooted card i have sooooted cards hahahahahaMark

so, i see a bunch of people posting graphs and i dont really know what they mean cause ive never used any sort of grapher or really payed attention to it...so someone basically tell me what this means....this is my graph for the weekgraph3.png

I'll break it down even more!you won 2.2k in non showdown potsyou won 5.2k in showdown pots.i dont think that's an ev graph, just showing where you won mobniescould be wrong

I'll break it down even more!you won 2.2k in non showdown potsyou won 5.2k in showdown pots.i dont think that's an ev graph, just showing where you won mobniescould be wrong
its not...i cant get pokerev to work...anyone willin to help me with it
lol...nah like the lines and what they mean to each other
You make money in pots that don't go to showdown.You also make money in pots that go to showdown.I'd say it means you play good.PokerEV graph would help, but for that you'd need a PT2 database.
You make money in pots that don't go to showdown.You also make money in pots that go to showdown.I'd say it means you play good.PokerEV graph would help, but for that you'd need a PT2 database.
is there anyway to convert a pt3 to a pt2 database?
I have to attribute my success this month to not being able to get the Miley Cyrus song out of my head. It gets me in a rhythm and makes me smile.
Which one? I love the Life is What You Make it (Hannah Montana) song. Holla.Mark