New Challenge (old Challenge)

Meet Looshle at CAZ tonight. Trussdude and Nutzbuster were also there.Got a text early in the evening from Shannon: XXXX just posted on FB that they are selling their pool table for $700. Do you want to buy it?I said if I made $700 tonight we'd buy it.Ship the $717 night.Mark
It felt good to get out and see my friends and play again, even thought I played badly and ran even worse. Nice job with the pool table. Where the hell are you gonna put it?Lobster....TEACH ME!and grats to Colbalt. TEACH ME TOO!!!run well this month folks..
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Should I be bet/folding this turn? Checking to c (or f) river? Bet/3-betting?Help me brothers!Cryptologic, $0.03/0.06 Hold'em Cash Games, 6 Players Hand Converter by Pokerhand.orgBoard:(UTG+1): $2.78(CO): $11.69HERO (Button): $12.11(SB): $2.09(BB): $3.02(UTG): $12.16 Dealt to HERO 8 :3h 8 :5cPre-flop:Deanoark calls $.06, (2 folds), HERO raises to $.27, (1 folds), Edwa02056 calls $.21, Deanoark calls $.21Flop: ($.84) 8 :club: K :ts 9 :qh (3 Players)Edwa02056 checks, Deanoark checks, HERO bets $.45, Edwa02056 calls $.45, Deanoark calls $.45Turn: ($2.19) Q :4h (3 Players)Edwa02056 checks, Deanoark checks, HERO ??There was a reason for the smallish flop bet; BB had raised my previous c-bet, I wanted to induce this again. Also, UTG is very predictable. If he calls he has a pair and will call all other streets so I could v-town him all day long.

Should I be bet/folding this turn? Checking to c (or f) river? Bet/3-betting?Help me brothers!Cryptologic, $0.03/0.06 Hold'em Cash Games, 6 Players Hand Converter by Pokerhand.orgBoard:(UTG+1): $2.78(CO): $11.69HERO (Button): $12.11(SB): $2.09(BB): $3.02(UTG): $12.16 Dealt to HERO 8 :3h 8 :5cPre-flop:Deanoark calls $.06, (2 folds), HERO raises to $.27, (1 folds), Edwa02056 calls $.21, Deanoark calls $.21Flop: ($.84) 8 :club: K :ts 9 :qh (3 Players)Edwa02056 checks, Deanoark checks, HERO bets $.45, Edwa02056 calls $.45, Deanoark calls $.45Turn: ($2.19) Q :4h (3 Players)Edwa02056 checks, Deanoark checks, HERO ??There was a reason for the smallish flop bet; BB had raised my previous c-bet, I wanted to induce this again. Also, UTG is very predictable. If he calls he has a pair and will call all other streets so I could v-town him all day long.
Pretty sure you need to bet 2/3+ pot here. So many bad cards can come on river that kill you, plus you get extra value from someone holding Ad or Jd or someone with AK KQ KJ etcetc who wouldn't call when an even scarier river comes.I think for now with it check-check, you can assume you are still ahead, and proceed as so until shown resistance.
Pretty sure you need to bet 2/3+ pot here. So many bad cards can come on river that kill you, plus you get extra value from someone holding Ad or Jd or someone with AK KQ KJ etcetc who wouldn't call when an even scarier river comes.I think for now with it check-check, you can assume you are still ahead, and proceed as so until shown resistance.
What if you do get resistance after you bet though? Then you're sick because it's hard to be ahead at this point, but you still have outs to win the hand. I kind of want to see a showdown with this hand. I'm just thinking out loud at this point, but I can't decide if I'd rather get value from worse hands, or save some bets for when I'm behind here by checking and calling a river bet. (If they bet.)
zomg i want a pool table! i might be in arizona in a couple weeks btw. hopefully see a few spring training games.
Sweet! You'll have to come by. I don't play pool, maybe you can teach me how not to suck. If we have a stove by then, Shan can cook for you :)Hoosier will be in town for some games too, not sure which weekend though.Mark
Sweet! You'll have to come by. I don't play pool, maybe you can teach me how not to suck. If we have a stove by then, Shan can cook for you :)Hoosier will be in town for some games too, not sure which weekend though.Mark
I find that drinking a lot helps my pool game immensely!
I don't play poolMark
:club: I thought everyone who went to college was a pool demon. I spent my first 2 years encamped in the pool room ignoring deadlines and lectures!
What if you do get resistance after you bet though? Then you're sick because it's hard to be ahead at this point, but you still have outs to win the hand. I kind of want to see a showdown with this hand. I'm just thinking out loud at this point, but I can't decide if I'd rather get value from worse hands, or save some bets for when I'm behind here by checking and calling a river bet. (If they bet.)
This is what I was thinking. Everything hit. As I'm taking BB to be aggresive when he hits a pair I think he'd raise a K here and flat with his draws, all of which hit. Especially at these limits, people won't lay down a flush draw at gunpoint.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheithttp://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1...al-significanceI think it's easier in some senses to think in terms of whole numbers without relying on decimals.
Fahrenheit makes no sense at all. And if I've ever used decimals with regards to Celcius it was in a chemistry lab. Maybe we might use .5 every so often in everyday use, but rarely.
Check behind, worse card in the deck for you.

I see very good merits to checking. Those are good points. The problem I have is just that it seems in micro limits, like 10nl and under, people pay off SO weak that the pros of betting outweigh the cons. EDIT: I also might add that when I first looked, I didn't see that JT got there as well, so shame on me for that. It changes things quite a bit.RE-Edit: I changed my mind. Checking is right. sorry...

[X] nice dinner out with the Lobster[X] Credit Card Rouletted[ ] PaidMark
[x] down ~$80 in CCR EV
I hope you least give Lobster a reach around since he paid for dinner.
He didn't even offer!
wait i dont know what that 'today' graph is, this is today:todayy.jpgw1064.png
holy HU hands in a day! congrats on making 40k
Bayblon donks that picture is amazing. your amazing. lets go ski!
I agree on all points. I don't think we've talked, but I think you're amazing too :club:
This makes me wonder, why in the world does the US use Fahrenheit? It's such a retarded measuring-unit, doesn't really make sense to me...measuring Temperature in Kelvin would make more sense than that retardo thing...This somehow has always bugged me...
Agreed
Fahrenheit makes no sense at all. And if I've ever used decimals with regards to Celcius it was in a chemistry lab. Maybe we might use .5 every so often in everyday use, but rarely.
Agreed
I agree on all points. I don't think we've talked, but I think you're amazing too :club:
Although I'm not retracting anything I said, I think you should know I was drunk when I posted that. :ts
Check behind, worse card in the deck for you.
I did.And you think that was a bad card? The river was :jdcheck/check/check.BB took it down with :club: :7sDoubt he would have folded turn anyways.
I agree on all points. I don't think we've talked, but I think you're amazing too :)AgreedAgreed
I read everything you type in the voice of Zap Brannigan
Although I'm not retracting anything I said, I think you should know I was drunk when I posted that. :club:
I agree on all points. I don't think we've talked, but I think you're amazing too :ts
I read everything you type in the voice of Zap Brannigan
That's awesome. I'll do my part to uphold Brannigan's law when it comes to typing