New Challenge (old Challenge)

Guy open shoving every hand.Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP: $74.80CO: $100.00BTN: $134.85SB: $109.75BB: $53.50Hero (UTG): $112.85Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is UTG with Q :5c K :club:Hero raises to $3.50, 2 folds, BTN raises to $134.85 all in, 2 folds, Hero calls $109.35 all inFlop: ($227.20) 8 :D 4 :jh J :tsTurn: ($227.20) 5 :3hRiver: ($227.20) 9 :qhFinal Pot: $227.20BTN shows 8 :D K :D (a pair of Eights)Hero shows Q :D K :4h (King Queen high)BTN wins $224.20(Rake: $3.00)
With this guy and 4 others behind us does anybody consider folding here initially? I think Im almost always folding utg at a 7 handed table with this guy behind us, but im not sure about a 6 handed table. Also this is nitpicking but if this guy is literally shoving every hand its better to limp(or maybe minraise) with every hand your going to play in this spot. That way when you have KQo and limp then when the guy pushes and gets action where you decide to now fold you save a few chips.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

With this guy and 4 others behind us does anybody consider folding here initially? I think Im almost always folding utg at a 7 handed table with this guy behind us, but im not sure about a 6 handed table. Also this is nitpicking but if this guy is literally shoving every hand its better to limp(or maybe minraise) with every hand your going to play in this spot. That way when you have KQo and limp then when the guy pushes and gets action where you decide to now fold you save a few chips.
Six handed, I think this is a pretty standard raise UTG. If someone else calls and then the retard shoves, we could probably fold, but raising UTG helps iso the maniac preflop with a hand that's way ahead of his range. Once the guy shoves and we're the last one to act with no other calls, it's a pretty easy call.

I thought AQ was fairly thin - he'd never really got out of line apart from limp RR with AJ and calling allin, to spike a J against my TT, but I lol'd at what he turned up withFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($68.10)Button ($36.90)Preflop: Hero is SB with Aspade.gif, Qheart.gifButton raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5, Button raises to $8.50, Hero raises to $68.10 (All-In), Button calls $28.40 (All-In)Flop: ($73.80) Aclub.gif, Aheart.gif, Kclub.gif(2 players, 2 all-in)Turn: ($73.80) 5spade.gif(2 players, 2 all-in)River: ($73.80) 8spade.gif(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $73.80 | Rake: $0.50Results:Button had 6spade.gif, 9club.gif (one pair, Aces).Hero had Aspade.gif, Qheart.gif (three of a kind, Aces).Outcome: Hero won $73.30nh

I'm mainly a tournament/sng player, but I was looking to venture into the online cash games a little. I was wondering what the BR requirements were for the different levels or how many buy-ins you want to have before you start playing the cash games. I didn't know if this was the right place to put this question but I see most of the hands in here are for cash games so I figured someone could answer this or point me in the right direction to find the answer.

I'm mainly a tournament/sng player, but I was looking to venture into the online cash games a little. I was wondering what the BR requirements were for the different levels or how many buy-ins you want to have before you start playing the cash games. I didn't know if this was the right place to put this question but I see most of the hands in here are for cash games so I figured someone could answer this or point me in the right direction to find the answer.
PM Exmatt for detailed information
HaiThe answer depends alot on whether its PLO, Holdem - limit, no limit etc - 30BI is fairly safe for NLH

don't play a limit consistently w/ less than 40 buyins. don't shot take w/ less than 20 buyins. move back down from shot taking if you get below 30 buyins for your previous level.

Six handed, I think this is a pretty standard raise UTG. If someone else calls and then the retard shoves, we could probably fold, but raising UTG helps iso the maniac preflop with a hand that's way ahead of his range. Once the guy shoves and we're the last one to act with no other calls, it's a pretty easy call.
Yeah after doing some math on it I don't think we can fold either. The times we get it in with him headsup we are gaining $24.93 on average. So if we open for 3.5x and always fold if anyone besides the drooler plays with us we still are +EV as long as we don't have to fold more than 7/8 times. Realistically we are never going to have to fold that much, and if we started to open for min then its +EV as long as we arent going to have to fold like 11/12 times. This is offset a bit because we probably shouldn't be pushing every last edge here, because he may leave or change his play if he loses or wins, but the edge is still big enough that folding would be a mistake.
http://www.pocketfives.com/poker-articles/...agement-2425952
HaiThe answer depends alot on whether its PLO, Holdem - limit, no limit etc - 30BI is fairly safe for NLH
It would probably be NLHE for the most part, HU PLO is my favorite for the SNG's since most of the players at the level I'm at don't know how to tie their shoes.
don't play a limit consistently w/ less than 40 buyins. don't shot take w/ less than 20 buyins. move back down from shot taking if you get below 30 buyins for your previous level.
Thanks, I see I need to do a tad more grinding of the SNG's to be properly rolled for cash games.
It would probably be NLHE for the most part, HU PLO is my favorite for the SNG's since most of the players at the level I'm at don't know how to tie their shoes.Thanks, I see I need to do a tad more grinding of the SNG's to be properly rolled for cash games.
as noted above, it is very variance dependant based on what game you play. I'd have a really freaking hard time going broke playing $50NL full ring on 20 buyins but still prefer 30, but patrik antonious doesn't like to play shorthanded PLO w/ less than 50 buyins because of the swings. somewhere in between is reasonable based on your experience in, and variance of, the games.
People of interest:Acid: UTG+1 with $2k or so and holding A :4h K :3h Stupid UTG Moron (SUM): $2k or so. I've played with him before. He likes to barrel and do things where he's not repping anything at all, and it seems to work ok most of the time, unless people take .0000123 seconds to think about the fact that he can't have something the way he's playing.SB: Seems tight, hasn't done anything noteworthy.BB: Super donkSUM limps UTG, I make it $50, MP calls, SB calls, BB calls, SUM now LRRs to $250. I was 90% sure he had total air here and I just wanted to see a flop, hopefully make a hand to let him hang himself, or just bluffraise if I missed. I call. MP folds. The SB now thinks for a while and then calls. The BB then starts talking about how much $$ is in the pot, and he calls too. I would've thought a $200 LRR was big enough to get me to HU, but I was wrong.4 of us see a flop of A :qh 3 :D 5 :5c with a pot of $1050.Both blinds check, SUM bets $400. He has $850 back. I decide I'm crushing him for obvious reasons, I don't care about a heart rolling off cause I have the Kh and I'd rather let him barrel or let the guys in behind me with dominated aces or whatever. So, instead of minraising, which in retrospect, would've been best, I flat call. The SB then flat calls rather quickly, AS DOES THE BB.$2650 pot going to the turn, still 4 people, turn is the 5 :( SB checks, BB acts like he's gonna shove, or at least considers it, and then checks. SUM thinks for a long time and then checks too. I should've shoved here as well, but I think I got confused into checking. I really felt like the BB might've had a 5, and it was reasonable for him to show up with one.$2650 pot going to the river, still 4 people, river is the J :D SB checks and BB thinks for a long time before checking. It seems kind of nuts that neither of them bet that card, since one of them had to have been on a FD. Then SUM shoves for like $850. I can't for the life of me figure out what's he's got unless it's AA, but that doesn't make sense since I have an A and if neither the SB or BB shoved that river, then one of them had to have an A as well. I mean, he's just repping absolutely nothing here unless it's maybe quads. If I was last to act, I'd have called in a heart beat, but I timebank forever and finally fold.SB says "I wish you'd called" and I get sick thinking they're both gonna fold. The SB finally decides to call, and now the BB is thinking about it too. He thinks for like 3 minutes, mutters stuff about pot odds, and calls AI for his last $750 or so.SUM doesn't wanna turn over his hand, but he's not getting away with that crap. He is finally forced to table A :club: 2 :ts which is just LOL. The SB is then happier to turn over his hand, which is 9 :D 6 :D . The BB takes a second to process this, and then triumphantly flips over his hand, which is good enough to win the whole pot.T :jh 2 :club: Well played people.
The way you talk about this hand makes it seem like its being played live but then you mentioned timebanking. But also you mention the SUM doesnt wanna turn over his hand? Im confused how both of these things are possible together in either a live game or an online game...
The way you talk about this hand makes it seem like its being played live but then you mentioned timebanking. But also you mention the SUM doesnt wanna turn over his hand? Im confused how both of these things are possible together in either a live game or an online game...
Timebanking = thinking a long time about what my move is gonna be.
Ummm...well last I checked, SUM was the player who made the shove, therefor he is obligated to show. And timebank is just a saying in this instance.
Its live. Its the same way an internet player will talk about a live player not having a fold button. Doesn't mean he's playing online, just using online slang to mean the same thing live.Also, I'm on pace to lose less than Acid this month. WeeeeeeeeMark

I figured I'd post my goals for the month.I only think I will be able to get around 30k hands in because I will be out of town for 1/4 the month to Indianapolis and St. Louis.So I will shoot for $1500 at 50nl and then whatever rakeback I get.Other goals...bowl more than the 15-20 games a week I am doing.I'm a slacker this month.

I figured I'd post my goals for the month.I only think I will be able to get around 30k hands in because I will be out of town for 1/4 the month to Indianapolis and St. Louis.So I will shoot for $1500 at 50nl and then whatever rakeback I get.Other goals...bowl more than the 15-20 games a week I am doing.I'm a slacker this month.
this is a weird goal to me. assuming you're properly rolled for $50NL already, you're going to be sitting on a ton of cash relative to your stakes. You don't plan on taking a shot at $100NL at least if things are going well?
this is a weird goal to me. assuming you're properly rolled for $50NL already, you're going to be sitting on a ton of cash relative to your stakes. You don't plan on taking a shot at $100NL at least if things are going well?
Nah I want to do it the right way for me, which is level by level. I am in no rush to make it up to 100nl and up right now. I want to make sure I plug leaks and become a better overall player because I feel that I am still not nearly as good as I would like to be. Also I am quite content even making a few hundred dollars a month, so making as much as I did last month is a thrilling thing for me. I just feel like if I do it slow and stay extremely over-rolled, I can learn to not have the losses affect me as much. Those who know me know I am an UTTER bankroll nit.
Nah I want to do it the right way for me, which is level by level. I am in no rush to make it up to 100nl and up right now. I want to make sure I plug leaks and become a better overall player because I feel that I am still not nearly as good as I would like to be. Also I am quite content even making a few hundred dollars a month, so making as much as I did last month is a thrilling thing for me. I just feel like if I do it slow and stay extremely over-rolled, I can learn to not have the losses affect me as much. Those who know me know I am an UTTER bankroll nit.
i'm still playing $50 PLO and HUNL on a 60 BI roll becuase i feel like i'm still learning some things so you're not crazy, it just seemed strange on the surface.