New Challenge (old Challenge)

So if guns are illegal only criminals will have them right? What do criminals do when they are the only ones armed? hmmm...Bolded - stats that your basing this comment on?
It is a stat that I have seen a few times over. I am heading out to LA right now or I'd link you to something. But even without it, I think we can probably agree that more people are unintentionally killed by firearms then we would like.As for the if guns were illegal only criminals would have them. This is true. But we have to start somewhere. If we made handguns illegal, made everybody turn theirs in (reimbursed of course), and then cops picked up the ones on the streets as they came up, a few years down the line, I'd say there'd me a lot fewer guns (concealed) on the streets. I think families would be safer. I think Japan is a good example of a society that has like 6 gun shooting incidence a year.I'm not saying you shouldn't be allowed to go hunting for sport. I'm not saying you can't shoot all the people you want in your house. I just would like to see less handguns in existence.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

For the record, HU poker is unequivocally a very bad way to make money. Here is a top ten list of why HU poker is worse than 6 max and full ring poker.10) You clear bonuses at a snail's pace compared to full ring games of the same limit.9) HU doesn't have any micro limit tables, so you need a large bankroll to even start playing it.8) If there is even one seat which is empty at your table, then you don't get to play any poker.7) If you end up playing a weak opponent, then there is only one weak opponent at your table (you can never get into those dream 6M situations where you are sitting with 5 fish)6) If you end up playing a competent opponent, then 100% of the opponents at your table are competent5) When you play short stacks, you are only able to win their stack, whereas they can win several buy ins off of you; so you are risking a large amount of money to win a half-stack.4) You have to play every hand, so you can't (profitably) go into "fit or fold" mode to cool down from a bad beat3) You are responsible for 50% of the rake as opposed to 1/6th the rake at 6M and 1/9th the rake at FR, so the rake makes it unbeatable. 2) Hit and runners...and the number one reason why it's harder to make money by playing HU than it is by playing 6 max or full ring:1) Unlike 6M or FR stats, 100% of the hands you play are out of the blinds. If you don't think that is a big deal, go look at your PT stats as to how much a difference it makes in your position stats to be paying a blind versus paying no blind (HUGE drop in ROI).So please for the love of God and for the sake of your bankroll, stay away from HU poker!

You missed the main thing that is keeping me away from HU for the most part. The difficulty there is in playing many tables. 2 tabling I would have to have about 7x the winrate that I have at 6m to make up for the table loss and loss in FPP's.

You missed the main thing that is keeping me away from HU for the most part. The difficulty there is in playing many tables.
So long as there is a reason which keeps competent players away from heads-up, I don't care what the reason is...
Villain here is F4Zi who i have at 28/24/3.1 with a 2% 3bet in 164 hands. he has folded to 50% of 3bets over a sample of 10. we have very little history, and i assume he views me as about 26/22/3.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopBB ($1160)UTG ($1000)MP ($2000)Button ($1146)Hero (SB) ($1030)Preflop: Hero is SB with :4h, :qh1 fold, MP raises to $35, 1 fold, Hero raises to $120, 1 fold, MP calls $85Flop: ($250) :5c, :club:, :ts(2 players)Hero bets $170, MP calls $170Turn: ($590) :3h(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $325, Hero ???
I think this is a shove vs F4Zi, granted I have little history with him but from what I've seen this is almost definitely a shove.
I think this is a shove vs F4Zi, granted I have little history with him but from what I've seen this is almost definitely a shove.
If we are looking at a polarized range which I think we are (I don't think he is betting his draws or his weakish made hands on the turn), why would we shove?
If we are looking at a polarized range which I think we are (I don't think he is betting his draws or his weakish made hands on the turn), why would we shove?
He's going to have a few Jx hands in his range that will want to stack off. I don't see him having KK or AA too often. I don't think he will necessarily check turn with TT/T9. We're beaten by JJ/99/88/98 imo. Maybe QT if he floats that instead of raising it. Given that I think he's going to bet/call with AJ/KJ/JTs and maybe a few other hands, I think it's a shove for value. The fact that both of you guys are semi-loose supports jamming even more I think because you can credibly have some kind of draw (be it something like AT/KT/T9 or something like a backdoor flush draw with an over or two) and get called by a bunch of worse hands. And worse case scenario that we are beat, we often have a few redraw outs.Edit: I actually have F4Zi as like 20/16 over 120 hands so I'm not sure if that changes things. Obviously my sample is rather small. I still don't like folding a ton though especially with your stats/image.
just watched "a map for saturday" which is like a travel documentary of this dude who travels the world over like a year. pretty interesting imo. im graduating college in like two months and doing something like this sounds pretty rad. anyone traveled extensively? i know jordan has and his tr and pics from africa were sick
Just been to Hong Kong, France, Finland and Japan. I would go to all of them, should I post tr now or wait until I upload pics?
He's going to have a few Jx hands in his range that will want to stack off. I don't see him having KK or AA too often. I don't think he will necessarily check turn with TT/T9. We're beaten by JJ/99/88/98 imo. Maybe QT if he floats that instead of raising it. Given that I think he's going to bet/call with AJ/KJ/JTs and maybe a few other hands, I think it's a shove for value. The fact that both of you guys are semi-loose supports jamming even more I think because you can credibly have some kind of draw (be it something like AT/KT/T9 or something like a backdoor flush draw with an over or two) and get called by a bunch of worse hands. And worse case scenario that we are beat, we often have a few redraw outs.Edit: I actually have F4Zi as like 20/16 over 120 hands so I'm not sure if that changes things. Obviously my sample is rather small. I still don't like folding a ton though especially with your stats/image.
Why would he ever bet many of those hands you listed when he is getting CRAI here quite a bit? He is basically taking some good hands against Jesse's overall range and turning them into a bluff against his shoving range.
How you pull that off?
I was a season ticket holder for six years in the 90's. I've been trying to be a Cardinals fan since I've moved out here. They've made it very hard with their one step forward, two backwards approach. The revolving door of coaches and quarterbacks made me give up the tickets.My old tickets were on 40 yard line on the east side of Sun Devil Stadium. Great seats, except for the sun! The east side seats would go to all the out of town folks and opposing team's fans. I'm a sore loser and it was very difficult to take (esp. the Cowboys games, I HATE the Cowboys). After a couple of years without, I renewed my season tickets when the new stadium opened. It's 15 minutes from my house. I canceled them last year when Whisenhunt declared Lienhart the strating quarterback. I'm sure Mattty is more fun to party with than Kurt, but he is nowhere close to the quarterback Kurt is. I still went to half the games this year. I have 3 friends that were chosen in the season ticket holder for the chance to buy Super Bowl tickets. One of them couldn't go, so I bought them from him for face value. I had the option of regular upper deck tickets for $800 or the Club seats for $1,000.My favorite team has been the Steelers for 30+ years. I will be wearing my old Jake Plummer jersey in Tampa!GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!
I was a season ticket holder for six years in the 90's. I've been trying to be a Cardinals fan since I've moved out here. They've made it very hard with their one step forward, two backwards approach. The revolving door of coaches and quarterbacks made me give up the tickets.My old tickets were on 40 yard line on the east side of Sun Devil Stadium. Great seats, except for the sun! The east side seats would go to all the out of town folks and opposing team's fans. I'm a sore loser and it was very difficult to take (esp. the Cowboys games, I HATE the Cowboys). After a couple of years without, I renewed my season tickets when the new stadium opened. It's 15 minutes from my house. I canceled them last year when Whisenhunt declared Lienhart the strating quarterback. I'm sure Mattty is more fun to party with than Kurt, but he is nowhere close to the quarterback Kurt is. I still went to half the games this year. I have 3 friends that were chosen in the season ticket holder for the chance to buy Super Bowl tickets. One of them couldn't go, so I bought them from him for face value. I had the option of regular upper deck tickets for $800 or the Club seats for $1,000.My favorite team has been the Steelers for 30+ years. I will be wearing my old Jake Plummer jersey in Tampa!GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!
this does not add up.

cwik1, you basically described an ideal society in which we don't live. i wish guns weren't around, but im really struggling with how i feel about being in my house and not being able to defend myself if it were ever neccesary.we have more shootings cause we have more guns in this society. project a likely plan in changing that, and not some abstract/ideal plan and put it into action....wonderful. I'm a bit of a pessimist in that regard though. Firearms is big business. That shit isn't going to die. Just like alcohol will never be illegal, nor cigarettes.if i had a kid, I don't know what I would do. Luckily I don't have to deal with that issue right now.--For Jesse's QQ hand I think it's a interesting spot but not a super bad board. J82r is a pretty lol safe flop and the turn 9 doesn't really prevent me from putting my stack in. f4zi isn't a nit at all and I think is bet/calling JT JQ KJ and AJ here. He really shouldn't have 88 or 22 here but I guess it's possible (idk how much more possible it is for him to have 88/22 here if we include JT and QJ type hands in his range) and perhaps the flat on the flop is what is disconcerting you toward turn play.personally i'd shove it in as played. we aren't deep enough to call/induce a river shove light...so i think shipping here is an ok play cause we're prob doing this with a wider range than just overpairs, unless you truly think F4zi is super nitty and never floating / betting turn here with air (ie he is always bet/calling this turn with either a hand that has us beat, or picked up a draw on the turn). and like, lol fk 6m, if my advice is just horrid to most of you 6m players than shit on my chest im srsly gonna try and never play that game again and stick to 2-4 handed games if i can. - Jordan

cwik1, you basically described an ideal society in which we don't live. i wish guns weren't around, but im really struggling with how i feel about being in my house and not being able to defend myself if it were ever neccesary.we have more shootings cause we have more guns in this society. project a likely plan in changing that, and not some abstract/ideal plan and put it into action....wonderful. I'm a bit of a pessimist in that regard though. Firearms is big business. That shit isn't going to die. Just like alcohol will never be illegal, nor cigarettes.if i had a kid, I don't know what I would do. Luckily I don't have to deal with that issue right now.--For Jesse's QQ hand I think it's a interesting spot but not a super bad board. J82r is a pretty lol safe flop and the turn 9 doesn't really prevent me from putting my stack in. f4zi isn't a nit at all and I think is bet/calling JT JQ KJ and AJ here. He really shouldn't have 88 or 22 here but I guess it's possible (idk how much more possible it is for him to have 88/22 here if we include JT and QJ type hands in his range) and perhaps the flat on the flop is what is disconcerting you toward turn play.personally i'd shove it in as played. we aren't deep enough to call/induce a river shove light...so i think shipping here is an ok play cause we're prob doing this with a wider range than just overpairs, unless you truly think F4zi is super nitty and never floating / betting turn here with air (ie he is always bet/calling this turn with either a hand that has us beat, or picked up a draw on the turn). and like, lol fk 6m, if my advice is just horrid to most of you 6m players than shit on my chest im srsly gonna try and never play that game again and stick to 2-4 handed games if i can. - Jordan
i kinda felt the same way about the hand. my in the moment thinking was that hes aggro, and will be betting worse hands on the turn, so i should be crai. my only problem is that when i crai, i think my range is relatively strong, and i wont be getting called by much worse. but i also dont like c/c turn and c/c river because i think if he ships the river, his range is much stronger than my queens. but i basically hate c/c turn and c/f river, so that lead me to c/r the turn. im not sure that thats the correct thinking, but thats what i came to.
i kinda felt the same way about the hand. my in the moment thinking was that hes aggro, and will be betting worse hands on the turn, so i should be crai. my only problem is that when i crai, i think my range is relatively strong, and i wont be getting called by much worse. but i also dont like c/c turn and c/c river because i think if he ships the river, his range is much stronger than my queens. but i basically hate c/c turn and c/f river, so that lead me to c/r the turn. im not sure that thats the correct thinking, but thats what i came to.
if he is betting turn w JT/JQ T9 and any other pair + combo draw he's getting it in there. THat's why i'd shove. I'd be less inclined to put more $ in the pot if he was so nitty/tight that I never thought he was A) floating me completely or B) beting these types of hands on the turn.since i think he does though, i'd be check/shipping here. I'm kinda surprised you didn't just barrel, as I'm assuming you'd rather barrel a hand like AQss or AKss type hands as opposed to crai, is that right/wrong?

I'm really surprised you guys think he is betting pair + sd type hands on the turn cause honestly, that seems pretty bad to me. Especially since I agree with Jordan that Jesse doesn't show up with AXss here pretty much ever cause he would probable double barrel those hands. Since Villain isn't really protecting against much, I don't see how betting weakish made hands/decent draws is great. I mean, is he betting one pair hands for value? Against what? And if he isn't betting for value and Jesse isn't folding worse often, why exactly is he betting? Just seems weird to me that you guys think he is betting those hands.

Lucky me, in 2.5 hrs my bowling team is leaving for a ridic long 12 hr drive to South Bend, Indiana for a college tourney.Love the tourneys...hate the drives.Sigh.
Getting there is half the fun.