New Challenge (old Challenge)

No wonder this thing has 2 million views already. I've seen it linked in 5-6 different threads on this board alone and multiple times in a couple of threads.
Truth, I've clicked on a few links just to have it come up again. I was going to change that sentence but decided not to.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

LOL-tastic session at NLHE($0.50) HU. A super agro-donk decided to donate 6 buyins to me in the span of ~20 minutes and 90 hands. Sadly, I am still having troubles getting HEM to work on my new computer, so no graphs to follow (yet...)Fun hands to follow.

Third hand of the match sets the tone for his 3-betting range:Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flop | saw showdownHero (Button) ($50)SB ($50.50)Preflop: Hero is Button with Jheart.gif, Aclub.gifHero raises to $1.50, SB raises to $5.50, Hero calls $4Flop: ($11) 2heart.gif, Qheart.gif, Jclub.gif(2 players)SB bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50Turn: ($26) Jspade.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $14, SB raises to $37.50 (All-In), Hero calls $23 (All-In)River: ($100) Kspade.gif(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $100 | Rake: $0.50Results:Hero had Jheart.gif, Aclub.gif (three of a kind, Jacks).SB had 4diamond.gif, Jdiamond.gif (three of a kind, Jacks).Outcome: Hero won $99.50

Here, we see the strength of the dreaded turn check-raise:By this point in the match, I knew that his betting range here was *vast* so I might as well let him double-barrel it...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flop | saw showdownHero (Button) ($93)SB ($55.85)Preflop: Hero is Button with Jdiamond.gif, 5club.gifHero raises to $1, SB calls $0.50Flop: ($2) 5heart.gif, Jspade.gif, Aclub.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50Turn: ($5) 3spade.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $5, SB raises to $14.50, Hero calls $9.50River: ($34) 8spade.gif(2 players)SB bets $23.50, Hero calls $23.50Total pot: $81 | Rake: $0.50Results:Hero had Jdiamond.gif, 5club.gif (two pair, Jacks and fives).SB had Qheart.gif, 3heart.gif (one pair, threes).Outcome: Hero won $80.50

...and here's his 5-bet all in hand range:Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flop | saw showdownHero (Button) ($221.15)SB ($63.50)Preflop: Hero is Button with 5heart.gif, 5club.gifHero raises to $1, SB raises to $6, Hero raises to $18, SB raises to $63.50 (All-In), Hero calls $45.50Flop: ($127) Jheart.gif, 8spade.gif, 3diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Turn: ($127) Kheart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($127) 4diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $127 | Rake: $0.50Results:Hero had 5heart.gif, 5club.gif (one pair, fives).SB had 6club.gif, 10spade.gif (high card, King).Outcome: Hero won $126.50

I could post some more. There were a couple of "hero" calls he made with Q-high and A-high into my flush and overpair respectively, but it suffices to say it was a fun and easy 20 minutes of play.Congrats JC for going in the red... For once, it's a good thing!

really?? That is a brag, imo.
Doesn't feel like a brag at the moment. Played bad, ran situationally bad, ran a little ev bad. Just really disappointed. Month had started well and now feels like November again.Last 2 days.Today-15.jpg
Doesn't feel like a brag at the moment. Played bad, ran situationally bad, ran a little ev bad. Just really disappointed. Month had started well and now feels like November again.
Maybe just take tomorrow off for your sanity?You'll be crushing again in no time.

thanks guys...Yea, thats why I was asking about the rake thing....I figure my hourly might be bigger now playing tons of tables at lower stakes, than just 2 or 3 HU or whatever...I tried playing as many tables as I could for a couple hours just to see what I could do right off the bat and get an idea for what's more profitable... for some reason it only let me play 8 cash tables, played 1k hands at 100nl 6 max, raked like $65 and won less than a buy in. Meh. It's very tough in 6 max, I figured cascading the tables would be the best way to go with one monitor and no mouse (I'm not home) but maybe tile works better cuz I was ****ing up a bunch. Any lag or disco or anything else that ****s up your rhythm and you lose a ton. 100nl seems fairly easy, but I dont know if I can 10 or 12 table and still beat 200 or 400 unless it's ring.Then I tried sit n go's, played 10 in 1 hr, 55+5, some 6 max most ring....I tried tile and it was fine, I won like 300 or something and raked $50. Like rdog said, sit n gos scoop better rake, they're also easier to play a ton of tables but uggggh they're sooo boring. Also I dont even know if I'm good enough at them to beat the $200's or $500's, which is what I'd eventually want to do if I was 10 tabling these things. Plus idk if they even run often enough to 10 table.Tomorrow I'm gonna try some HU cash and sng's , maybe some 1/2 full ring.

question for the math guys...Assuming I could ease my way into 12-15 tabling and winning at smaller stakes like 100nl and 200 nl....learn to beat $200 or $500 sit n gos playing as many tables as I can....4 table HU cash at like 1/2 or 2/4.... or maybe 4 table HU sng's at like $200s or maybe $500's. What do you guys think would generate more rake? Lets say I play 6 hrs a day 25 days a month or something, which would be the most profitable in terms of rake? I dont have any database and even though I have an idea of what the numbers would be, I think I might be miscalculating. thanks.
Congrats on the red pro status. From what I hear, the $200+ sng's are breakeven at best as play is pretty optimized, so you'd be sacrificing a cashgame winrate to collect your rakeback. Rake's also lower as a % of buyin. If a sng lasts 60-75 minutes, my guess is that you'd generate more rake on a comparable cash table.Low stakes HU cash is supposed to generate pretty substantial rake. 6-max churns rake at a nice pace. Though your edge might be higher HU, you're still a big favorite at 6-max and you'd be able to play more tables.*math not guaranteed as it's all based on heresay and suggested by a microstakes donk.
thanks guys...Yea, thats why I was asking about the rake thing....I figure my hourly might be bigger now playing tons of tables at lower stakes, than just 2 or 3 HU or whatever...I tried playing as many tables as I could for a couple hours just to see what I could do right off the bat and get an idea for what's more profitable... for some reason it only let me play 8 cash tables, played 1k hands at 100nl 6 max, raked like $65 and won less than a buy in. Meh. It's very tough in 6 max, I figured cascading the tables would be the best way to go with one monitor and no mouse (I'm not home) but maybe tile works better cuz I was ****ing up a bunch. Any lag or disco or anything else that ****s up your rhythm and you lose a ton. 100nl seems fairly easy, but I dont know if I can 10 or 12 table and still beat 200 or 400 unless it's ring.Then I tried sit n go's, played 10 in 1 hr, 55+5, some 6 max most ring....I tried tile and it was fine, I won like 300 or something and raked $50. Like rdog said, sit n gos scoop better rake, they're also easier to play a ton of tables but uggggh they're sooo boring. Also I dont even know if I'm good enough at them to beat the $200's or $500's, which is what I'd eventually want to do if I was 10 tabling these things. Plus idk if they even run often enough to 10 table.Tomorrow I'm gonna try some HU cash and sng's , maybe some 1/2 full ring.
I think you have to email Full Tilt to get it raised to 24 or whatever the max is